New Tools to Inspire New Performance Possibilities
The Roland DJ-505 is a two-channel, four-deck Serato DJ Pro controller that blends the advanced performance capabilities of Serato DJ Pro with the legendary sounds and sequencing of Roland’s TR-909, TR-808, TR-707, and TR-606 drum machines. The DJ-505 gives you the tools to move beyond mixing music to creating beats and rhythms on the fly that sync to your Serato DJ Pro tracks, enabling the creation of unique transitions, live remixes, beefed-up classic tracks, or your own original music.
Like the flagship DJ-808 and compact DJ-202 controllers, the DJ-505 is a powerful and inspiring instrument that allows unparalleled flexibility to DJ, remix, and produce, empowering exciting new approaches to music performance. And with its standalone mixer functionality, narrow footprint, and Serato DVS upgrade path, the DJ-505 is an ideal controller to pair with turntables or CD players.
High-End DJ Controller, Compact Package
The DJ-505 is a two-channel, four-deck Serato DJ Pro controller packed with features, and the complete Serato Tool Kit is included as well. Its portability, coupled with a pro-grade build and advanced feature set, makes the DJ-505 ideal for mobile applications, club DJing, live performance, and production purposes alike. The built-in 24-bit/48 kHz audio interface and high-end Roland audio conversion for Master and Booth outputs ensure faithful reproduction of audio sources and clear, powerful sound. Balanced XLR outputs let you connect directly to a professional PA system, and you can monitor your mix via the Booth Outs as well as separate 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch Phones jacks. You also have a 1/4-inch TS mic input to add vocals or external instruments to your performance setup. Dedicated Serato DJ Pro controls allow quick creation and triggering of hot cues, loops, TR sounds, sequencer patterns, and samples, plus switching between four Serato decks with the Deck Select button. Use the channel filters or Serato FX (accessible via three FX Select buttons per deck) to finesse blends or accentuate scratches.
The DJ-505’s large, low-latency platters provide responsive, lag-free performance that allows for the same style of scratches executed on turntables, and the illuminated outer rings on the jog wheels indicate the status of each deck at a glance. Plus, the DJ-505’s platters have brushed aluminum top plates just like the DJ-808 and DJ-202 controllers, providing both great feel and rugged durability.
The Roland Drum Machine Legacy in a DJ Controller
From the TR-909’s unmistakable hi-hats to the foundation-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of modern music, from hip-hop, house, techno, and electro in the ’80s and ’90s right up to the trap music sound of today. Using Roland’s patented ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology, the DJ-505 faithfully recreates the original sound and character of these classic machines, giving you the ability to program and create rhythm tracks using the same sound palette as the world’s foremost musical icons.
Included in the DJ-505 are Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride sounds from the TR-909, TR-808, TR-707, and TR-606, providing a wide range of options to create layered drum sounds and evolving sequences. The DJ-505 also lets you fine-tune your TR drum sounds and samples using Level, Attack, Decay, and Tune knobs, and easily build sequences with the famous step-based TR-S pad interface.
Remix, Produce, Perform
The DJ-505’s rich feature set and deep Serato DJ Pro integration empower new creative possibilities for the budding DJ/producer, allowing for remixing, production, and performance all in one compact unit. Use the 16-step sequencer to program drum patterns with sounds from the TR drums or Serato Sampler, and then sync the beats to your Serato DJ Pro tracks to create unique transitions, live remixes, beefed-up classic tracks, or original music. Engage Inst-Rec mode for on-the-fly, real-time sampler sequencing, or use Serato Sampler’s advanced capabilities to layer and sync multiple audio tracks or loops within the eight sampler slots. Finally, the DJ-505 includes a MIDI output to accurately sync your external MIDI devices and instruments to the TR-S sequencer.
Road-Ready Remixing On the Go
The DJ-505 gives you the tools to not only mix, but also create new music and rhythmic elements on the fly to truly transform the musical dynamic and energy of your performance. From the simple addition of a booming 808 kick drum to a classic track to programming your own beat combined with an acapella, the DJ-505 makes blending multiple musical elements easy and instinctive. Light and portable with road-ready durability, the DJ-505 combines the best hardware performance and sound quality in its class with new possibilities for creative DJs and performing producers.
- Two channels and Deck Select for up to four decks
- Large, low-latency platters optimized for scratching
- Eight dedicated pad controls for Serato DJ Pro with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer, TR, Pattern, and Sampler modes
- Built-in, fully editable drum kits from Roland’s legendary TR-909, TR-808,
- TR-707, and TR-606, realized with advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology
- TR kits contain eight sounds–Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride–that can be played on the performance pads and triggered from the sequencer
- Shape TR drum sounds and Serato samples in real time with Level, Attack, Decay, and Tune knobs
- Classic 16-step sequencer that can trigger either TR drum sounds or the
- Serato Sampler; new features include nudge (TR-S), step-roll, and instrument/sample mute
- Unlocks Serato DJ Pro and comes with a Serato Tool Kit license (includes Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ, Serato Flip, and all Serato DJ FX packs)
- Mixer can be used standalone via connection of multi-players or turntables to the line and phono inputs; Serato DVS Upgrade Ready
- Balanced XLR outputs let you connect to a professional PA system; Booth Out
- plus separate 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch Phones outputs allow you to monitor your mixes
- Mic input with gate, hi-pass, reverb, and echo FX
- MIDI output to sync external devices with Serato DJ Pro and the TR-S sequencer
- Signal processing
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- Nominal input level
- INPUT (1–4) (RCA phono type, LINE): -12 dBu
- INPUT (1, 2) (RCA phono type, PHONO): -39 dBu
- MIC IN (1/4-inch phone type): -60 dBu
- Nominal output level
- MASTER OUT 1: +6 dBu (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: +0 dBu
- BOOTH OUT: +6 dBu (balanced)
- Input impedance
- INPUT (1–4) (RCA phono type): 47 k ohms or greater
- MIC IN (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
- Output impedance
- MASTER OUT 1: 600 ohms (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2: 1 k ohm (unbalanced)
- BOOTH OUT: 600 ohms (balanced)
- PHONES: 44 ohms
- Frequency response
- 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz–22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- INPUT (1–2) jacks: RCA phono type
- MIC IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- MASTER OUT 1 connectors: XLR type (balanced)
- MASTER OUT 2 jacks: RCA phono type
- BOOTH OUT jacks: TRS phone type (balanced)
- PHONES jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type, miniature phone type
- PC port: USB type B
- MIDI OUT connector
- DC IN jack
- PHONO GROUND terminal
- Power supply
- AC adaptor
- Current draw
- 2,000 mA
- Startup Guide
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFTY"
- AC Adaptor
- Power code
- USB cable
- Serato TOOL KIT VOUCHER
Size and Weight
- 530 mm
- 20-7/8 inches
- 402 mm
- 15-7/8 inches
- 73 mm
- 2-7/8 inches
- 3.5 kg
- 7 lbs 12 oz
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).