- Scene Memory
- 16 x 4 (Bank A, B)
- BEAT FX
- FILTER: 5 types
SIDE CHAIN: 5 types
SLICER: 5 types
- MASTER FX
- DELAY: 8 types
FILTER: 8 types
SCATTER: 8 types
FLANGER: 8 types
BIT CRUSH: 8 types
ROLL: 8 types
- 10 types
- Number of USB Audio Max Input/Output Channels
- Sampling frequency: 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
Input: 18 channels
Output: 18 channels
- Signal Processing
- PC interface: 24 bits
AD/DA conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency
- AD/DA conversion: 96, 48, 44.1 kHz
DIGITAL (IN, OUT): 96, 48, 44.1 kHz
- Nominal Input Level (variable)
- Input 1–4: -26– +4 dBu
Input 5/6: -26– +4 dBu
- Nominal Output Level
- MIX OUT: +4 dBu
- Head Room
- 18 dB
- Input Impedance
- Input 1–4: 100 k ohms
Input 5/6: 100 k ohms
- Output Impedance
- MIX OUT: 1 k ohm
PHONES: 24 ohms
- Frequency Response
- 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz–40 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
48.0 kHz: 20 Hz–22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
44.1 kHz: 20 Hz–20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
- Dynamic Range
- AD block INPUT 1–4: 100 dB typ.
AD block INPUT 5/6: 100 dB typ.
DA block MIX OUT: 108 dB typ.
- PHONES jack: 1/4-inch stereo phone type
MIX OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (unbalance)
INPUT 1–4 (L/MONO, R/MONO) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (unbalance)
INPUT 5/6 jack: Stereo miniature phone type
AUX RETURN (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
AUX SEND (L, R) jacks: RCA phono type
USB FUNCTION Port: USB type B (Audio, Midi)
USB HOST 1–4 ports: USB type A (Audio, Midi, for only TB-3/VT-3/TR-8/SYSTEM-1)
USB HOST 3 port can supply USB Bus power
COAXIAL IN/OUT jack
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
DC IN jack
- Hi-Speed USB
Digital input, output: Coaxial type (conforms to IEC60958)
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- Current Draw
- 1.7 A
- Owner's manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Card*
- Size and Weight
- 400 mm
- 264 mm
- 65 mm
- 1.81 kg
3 lbs. 16 oz.
The MX-1 Mix Performer brings together your synths, drum machines, loops, DAW tracks, and more into a single performance-optimized mixing instrument. Combining elements of a mixer, control surface, audio interface, and step-based effector, the MX-1 is designed to be the nerve center of your electronic music rig. It’s a mixer you can play – and so much more.
With six analog inputs, four AIRA Link USB ports, digital I/O, send and return jacks, and the ability to stream 18 channels to and from your DAW, the MX-1 brings together a wide range of musical sources and puts them directly under your fingertips. But this is no ordinary mixer. The smooth, solid faders each have six different volume curves available. Every channel has an adjustable Tone/Filter knob with ten types of filters, EQs, and isolators. Mutes are placed for quick access, working with the LED-lit faders to clearly show their status, even in dark environments. The DJ-style headphone cue monitoring lets you smoothly mix in any source whenever you’re ready, or drop in tracks right on the beat. Separate headphone and master volume knobs along with smooth and bright metering keep levels firmly in check. And everything, including all the FX configurations and settings, can be saved and recalled for instant access.
There’s no question that effects play a huge role in creating a unique vibe and defining your sound. And the MX-1 integrates effects in exciting new ways. Not only do the MX-1’s effects sound great, they’re designed for ready manipulation and rhythmic sensibility, thanks to the MX-1’s tempo awareness and the TR-style step interface. In addition to an aux send for feeding external effects, each channel has its own Beat FX including Filter, Side Chain, and Slicer. These are applied using sixteen TR-style step sequencer buttons like those found on famous Roland drum machines. This lets you independently filter, duck, and slice each channel, creating cool rhythmic variations, polyrhythms, and all manner of intricate grooves. Beat FX can be instantly switched on and off per channel with dedicated, illuminated buttons. Six kinds of Master FX, each with lots of variations, add spice and drama to any or all channels. And the large control knob gives them supreme playability. The Master FX can even be step-sequenced in various combinations, creating stunning movement and glitchy interludes that must be heard to be fully appreciated.
Computers already play a big role in production, and they increasingly play a role in performance. But they don’t always integrate so well with other live instruments, and require their own audio interface and controller. The MX-1 addresses these problems through its ability to operate in any one of three different modes. In Control Surface mode, the MX-1 can sync to your computer and act as a high-quality MIDI controller for your DAW. Cool. But it gets way more interesting… In Mixer mode, the MX-1 can mix all connected sources, including analog and digital inputs, AIRA gear, and your computer’s output. While there’s a dedicated channel for a stereo output from your computer, you can also send computer audio to USB channels 1 thru 4 if no device is connected to the AIRA Link USB ports. Very cool. In External mode, the MX-1 can send all its inputs directly to your DAW, acting as a high-quality audio interface. At the same time, it can mix 18 channels back from your DAW, putting them on the MX-1’s faders. This lets you utilize the recording, clip triggering, effects, and mixing functions of your DAW along with the MX-1’s cue monitoring, sync, and performance-optimized mixing and effects capabilities. It’s mind-bending stuff. Just take a moment to imagine the possibilities. While the MX-1 obviously makes working with a computer way more fun, it’s just as happy on its own. So whether it’s full hands-on control of your DAW or completely out-of-the-box production and performance, the MX-1 is right at home.
The MX-1 is so much fun to play that you’re bound to want to plug all kinds of things into it. Four individual 1/4-inch jacks support just about any kind of instrument, and the stereo 1/8-inch jack is perfect for smartphones, tablets, and various gadgets. There are also four AIRA Link USB ports that make connecting your AIRA gear literally plug and play. With fully automatic detection, AIRA Link USB ports transmit audio, MIDI, and sync over a single USB cable. One of the ports can even provide bus power for a compatible AIRA device like the TB-3 Touch Bassline or VT-3 Voice Transformer. AIRA Link reduces cable clutter and makes setup fast and simple. The MX-1 is also fully time aware and gives you hands-on control of start, stop, tempo, and timing. Sync an array of musical devices over MIDI or AIRA Link. Control everything with the brightly lit TR-style start/stop button and large tempo knob with fine adjustment, shuffle control, and tap function.
While the MX-1 is sturdily built, highly flexible, and extremely capable, all this mixing and effect control would be nothing if it were confusing or cumbersome to use. But the way mixing and effects are so cleverly and thoughtfully implemented in the MX-1, everything is fast, immediate, and intuitive. Most of all, it’s musical, and designed to be played. Like all AIRA gear, there are no confusing menus or layered functions to slow you down.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).