Play. Control. Rejoice.
The latest in our long line of professional MIDI controllers, the Roland A-88MKII is supremely playable, with onboard creative tools for today's musicians and producers. Our acclaimed hammer-action keyboard and built-to-last quality combine with modern features like USB-C connectivity, RGB-lit controls, and MIDI 2.0 (coming soon) for the best performance in its class.
A controller that plays like an instrument.
When it comes to MIDI controllers, playability often seems like an afterthought. With the A-88MKII, we bring our acclaimed keyboard feel, enjoyed by professional players on stages around the world, to your studio. Its robust, wood construction creates a solid playing experience you can feel under your fingers. And you can easily adjust the sensitivity and responsiveness to match your unique playing style.
The A-88MKII has three user-definable zones, so you can layer and split the keyboard with different sounds or instruments. Our unique pitch/mod lever and an array of RGB-lit knobs and pads give you expressive, hands-on control of your sound. And a sustain pedal input plus two fully assignable pedal inputs mean your feet can get in on the action too.
Today's musical styles demand special production techniques. And some soft synths and modules don't always have the onboard tools you might like. The A-88MKII extends your creative arsenal with three configurable zones, advanced arpeggiator, chord memory, and multipurpose pads that can trigger commands and events, and energize real-time performance.
MIDI 2.0 and USB-C
The A-88MKII uses the latest technologies for years of universal compatibility and convenience. Class compliant USB-C provides bus power and single cable connectivity with macOS, Windows and compatibility with iOS. And the A-88MKII is ready to take advantage of the extended capabilities of MIDI 2.0.
Custom control. Instant recall.
Customize the A-88MKII with the control app for macOS and Windows. See all your layers and control mappings at a glance and assign commands to the pads with custom colors for visual feedback. You can create custom setups to control specific soft synths or external hardware, and instantly recall everything with the handy Snap Shot function.
When less is more.
Space is always at a premium in today's personal studios. The A-88MKII is designed to be as thin and shallow as possible while still retaining the smooth, dynamic playability that Roland instruments are known for. Surfaces are flat and edges are squared so they sit neat and flush against other gear or integrated into a studio desk.
- Unmatched playability with Roland's own PHA-4 keyboard
- Built-to-last with wood and premium materials for years of dependable performance
- Eight RGB-lit assignable knobs, eight RGB-lit pads, and three pedal inputs
- Three customizable zones, onboard arpeggiator, and chord memory
- Thin design with shallow depth fits today's studio environments
- Control application for deep customization and instant recall
- USB-C connectivity and bus power
- MIDI 2.0 ready
- Keyboard: 88 keys (PHA-4 Standard Keyboard: with Escapement and Ivory Feel)
- Pad x 8 (with illumination, assignable)
- Knobs x 8 (with illumination, assignable)
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- Button x2 (Assignable)
- Pedals: DAMPER, FC1, FC2
- Pedal (DAMPER, FC1, FC2) jacks: TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB (COMPUTER) port: USB Type-C (TM)
- DC In jack
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Zone: 3 (Lower / Upper1 / Upper2)
- User memory: 8
- Power Supply: Supplied from the computer via USB COMPUTER port /
- Current Draw
- 260 mA (USB)
- 300 mA (AC adaptor)
- Owner’s manual
- USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
- Keyboard stand: KS-12, KS-10Z
- Piano pedal: RPU-3
- Damper pedal: DP-10
- Pedal switch: DP-2
- Expression pedal: EV-5
- AC-Adaptor: PSB-1U
Size and Weight
- Width: 1,429 mm, 56-5/16 inches
- Depth: 274 mm, 10-13/16 inches
- Height: 119 mm, 4-11/16 inches
- Weight: 16.3 kg, 35 lbs. 15 oz.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).