Store demo, as new.
The best tube amp for pedals on stage or in studio! If you love getting all your different overdrive tones from your pedal, the Venus Deux Recording is for you!! The tone circuit is identical to the previous Venus Deux which was designed to have as much maximum headroom as possible. This gives your overdrive pedal the clean tube power amp foundation it needs for the fattest tones! However, the new “Recording” version takes all of that to a whole new level by adding a High/Low power switch, the 6 voiced Mini-Rockrec speaker simulator built-in, a Load/Speaker switch to allow you to record direct without using the internal cabinet, a NO EQ out when using with IR’s in your DAW and a headphone amp with a level control for late night Jamming
On the Front:
The new Venus Deux Recording is a Super simple, non-master volume 25watt (with 6v6s) or 50watt (with EL-34s) clean-tone amp with spring reverb. Featuring a 3 band EQ with a Treble “Pull Bright” and Middle “Pull Notch” which allows you to have four different distinct clean tones. The “Pull Notch” not only goes from a Tweed to a Blackface tone, it can also make your Les Paul sound like a Strat and the foot-switchable spring Reverb is as authentic as you can get
The Focus Control allows you to tighten or loosen the speaker. It also allows you to take the boominess out depending on the type of room you’re playing in. The Focus also doubles as a “Pull for FAT” functions. Pulling the FAT works in the power section and allows you to hear more even harmonics vs odd harmonics. This sweetens up the high-end.
On the Rear:
We built-in the Mini-Rockrec’s 6 Voiced realistic reactive load Speaker Simulator with an XLR out to be used Direct to FOH or your DAW. Not only does it sound like a real speaker, it feels like a real speaker. We also added Speaker or Internal Load switch so you can shut your speaker off for silent recording, a NO EQ Line Out so you can use with cabinet modeling software, a Headphones Out and Level Control, Effects Loop, Ground Lift switch and Phase switch.
The Phase switch ensures proper phase matching when combining the direct out with a miked speaker. The 6 voices allow you to record one track, then quickly double another with different voicing creating a huge tone!
The Speaker Simulator XLR out AND the NO EQ out can be used simultaneously so you can track the Rivera® Mini RockRec™ Voicing and your cabinet emulating software at the same time.
The Hi and Low Power switch allows you to select between 25watt and 7watts (the 50watt version selects between 50 and 18watts). Now you can achieve great output stage overdrive at ultra low volumes when jamming at home.
Even more updates:
We’ve shrunken the dimension of the previous Venus Deux combo and Venus Deux Heads too make the Venus Deux Recording even more portable. In the combo, we’ve replaced the previous Rivera OEM speaker with the new Celestion Neo Creamback to make it even lighter (Celestion Vintage 30, G12T75, G12H30 optional, no additional cost).
The Venus Deux Recording is available in a 25watt or 50watt configuration in a 1×12 combo or head. Also available in the narrow stripe grill or wider split grill cabinet (split grill available on the combo versions only).
We’ve also made a new matching 1×12 extension cabinet for the Venus Deux Recording head which takes less floor space, but it’s taller height gives great bottom-end while raising the speaker higher from the floor, making it easier for the player to hear, especially at lower volumes.
- Dimensions 21 x 12 x 18
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).