- Input | 4 x Combo XLR mic / balanced ¼" TRS, line / instrument level
- Output | 4 x balanced ¼” TRS line-level
- 1 x stereo ¼" headphone output
- (optional second headphone output via Output 3)
- MIDI | Input / Output
- Thunderbolt port | 1 (bus-powered)
- Trim | 4 (1 per channel) with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- LED clip indicator | 5 (1 per channel and 1 for Input Mix)
- Line / Instrument switch | 2 (Inputs 1 & 2 / 3 & 4)
- Phantom Power | On/Off +48V (global for all channels)
- Input Mix | Blends live input signal with computer output signal
- Big Knob | Controls headphone level and monitoring level (Stereo Mix mode only)
- Connector | XLR Female
- Input Impedance | 1.5k Ohm
- Dynamic Range | > 92dB
- Gain Range | +15dB ~ +60dB (45dB range)
- Maximum Input at Minimum Gain | -1dBu
- Equivalent Input Noise | -124dBu (Gain +60dB @150 ohm termination)
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise | > 0.009% (@1kHz, -1dBFS)
- Connector | TRS 1/4” Phone
- Input Impedance | 9.2k Ohm
- Dynamic Range | > 95dB
- Gain Range | +0dB ~ +45dB
- Maximum Input at Minimum Gain | +15dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise | > 0.008%
- Connector | TS 1/4” Phone
- Input Impedance | 1000k Ohm
- Dynamic Range | > 91dB
- Gain Range | +0dB ~ +45dB
- Maximum Input at Minimum Gain | +15dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise | > 0.01%
- Bit resolution | 24-bit
- Sampling rates | 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Mac®- and Windows®-compatibility | Recommend Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks or higher, Windows 8 or higher
- Supports | ASIO, Core Audio, Windows Audio Session API (Windows 8)
- Preamps | 2 per channel, mic / instrument
- Chassis | Aluminum/Acrylic
- A/D/A converters | More than 100dB dynamic range
- Smart Monitoring | Stereo or Mono, selected by Line/Instrument switch
- Stereo Mix mode | All inputs and outputs to Outputs 1 & 2 plus Output 3
- Multichannel mode | 4 individual output channels
- Dimensions | 10.6 x 4.4 x 1.8 in.
- Weight | 2.3 lbs
The world's first bus-powered four-channel Thunderbolt™ interface
The Resident Audio T4 is the first ever four-channel Thunderbolt™ audio interface which requires no external power—a breakthrough in the worlds of live performance and recording. It adds four channels of I/O to Thunderbolt-equipped Mac and Windows computers*, with support for high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio and near-zero latency for virtually instantaneous recording and playback.
The lightweight and portable T4 comes with all required software drivers and a ton of innovative features such as an auto-detecting Multichannel Output Mode and Smart Monitoring, which automatically switches between stereo and mono depending upon input configuration. Four combo XLR / ¼" input jacks allow you to plug in microphones, instruments and line-level devices— with phantom power for all inputs—and there are four balanced TRS outputs for connection to speakers and external mixers. MIDI connectors enable the T4 to be used as an ultra-stable MIDI interface, and there are even dual headphone outputs. Tilted tactile gain controls with three-color wraparound LEDs allow you to quickly set optimal levels, even in low-light onstage environments.
Whether you’re in the studio, on the stage or in the DJ booth, the T4 provides the perfect interface between your computer and your performance.
The T4 offers a number of features that make recording and live performance easy. These include a "Big Knob" master volume control; an Input Mix control for blending live signal with computer playback; Smart Monitoring, which allows you to easily switch between stereo and mono monitoring; and two different modes of operation: Stereo Mix mode, optimized for the studio, and Multichannel mode, perfect for live performance.
The T4 allows you to record and play back audio with awesome sound quality. Unlike USB devices (which can only carry a maximum of 2.5 watts of bus power), Thunderbolt allows for a full 10 watts of power to be carried over the same wire as the audio signal. This allows us to use higher quality components in the T4, such as custom designed analog preamps (the T4 has eight of them—two for each channel) and high-power A/D/A converters.
Setting up the T4 is fast and easy. It comes with everything you need: a Thunderbolt cable, a QuickStart guide, and a USB card preloaded with all required software and user manual. Simply plug it in, install the drivers, and you're good to go.
The T4's drivers have been programmed by some of the best engineers in the industry. They're specifically designed to ensure stable performance and minimal CPU overhead, allowing your computer to focus on tasks like effects processing and real-time graphic display.
Built with both the studio and the road in mind, the T4 is mounted in a sturdy aluminum/acrylic chassis that can stand up to the wear and tear of an artist on the go. And because it doesn't need a power cable, it can easily be integrated into any live performance rig.
Inputs and Outputs
The T4 provides four combo XLR / ¼" inputs, switchable between Mic, Line or Instrument level, complete with phantom power. In addition, there's a dedicated stereo headphone output and four ¼" TRS balanced outputs, one of which can be used as a secondary stereo headphone output. Last but not least, MIDI in/out connectors allow you to use the T4 as a MIDI interface with an ultra-stable clock that keeps all your sequencers and drum machines perfectly locked to audio playback.
In live performance, the T4 effectively turns your computer into an instrument with multiple outputs—great for electronic musicians and DJs. In the studio, you can selectively route audio to different mixer channels and outboard signal processors to create complex effects.
Each T4 channel has a dedicated input gain knob and a three-color wraparound LED signal indicator, allowing you to easily set optimal levels even in low-light onstage environments. In addition, an Input Mix control (with its own three-color wraparound LED) enables you to set the perfect blend of input signal with the output signal coming from your computer, and a Big Knob volume control sets the level of connected headphones as well as the overall monitoring level.*
Each pair of T4 channels also has a dedicated INST/LINE switch. This is used to set the inputs to instrument-level or line-level and also determines the Smart Monitoring setting.
The T4 operates in one of two different modes, depending upon output configuration.
When a connection is made to Output jack 4, the T4 operates in Multichannel mode, with four discrete monophonic output signals from your computer routed to the corresponding four Output jacks. In Multichannel mode, live input signal is sent to the headphone jack only.
Stereo Mix Mode
When no connection is made to Output jack 4, the T4 operates in Stereo Mix mode. In this mode, all live input signal, along with all output signal from your computer, is internally mixed to stereo and is routed to Outputs 1 and 2. In Stereo Mix mode, you can use Output 3 as a second headphone jack.
The T4's unique Smart Monitoring feature allows you to switch between stereo and mono monitoring, depending upon input configuration. Monophonic monitoring allows you to remove one set of cans and still hear the sound of everything in one ear—great for vocalists and DJs.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).