USB 2.0 High Speed
400mA, 5.0 Volts
Six Record and Six Playback
External Power Supply
1060 mA, 7.5 Volts
24-bit / 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz sample rate
104 dB, A-weighted
101 dB, A-weighted
98 dB, A-weighted
20 Hz to 20 kHz -3, +0 dB
0.009% at 1 kHz at 2 Vrms
Phono or Line Level Switchable
Maximum Input / Output
Phono or Line Level Switchable
Adjustable 2.5 mV to 10 mV (106 mV max)
6.8" x 5" x 1.3" (17.3 x 12.6 x 3.3 cm)
14" x 14" x 4" (36 x 36 x 10 cm)
Rane SL3 USB DJ Interface for Serato Scratch Live - Blue
The SL3 gives you the freedom to take your entire digital music collection on the road with advanced Serato features that add extra creativity to your DJing. This intuitive system replicates the traditional DJing experience for "real feel" usability. The Rane SL3 USB 2.0 interface connects one, two or three standard vinyl or CD turntables to your computer using a single USB cable with audio connections to line inputs on your DJ mixer of choice.
This system includes Serato DJ software and is compatible with Scratch Live. Rane's Core Audio and ASIO drivers connect to most other popular DJ and DAW software. This package includes two 12˝ Serato Control Vinyl records, two Serato Control CDs, USB cable, and RCA audio cables to your mixer. An international power supply with country adaptors is included to insure continuous audio signal and easy transfer when unplugging USB between DJs.
Includes Serato DJ software
Rane is pleased to announce that our products which previously included Serato Scratch Live software are now fully supported by and include Serato DJ software. DJs currently using Serato Scratch Live with supported Rane hardware have the option to migrate to the new and improved Serato DJ free of charge. If you’re familiar with Scratch Live, the transition to Serato DJ is easy and intuitive. Serato DJ is a free upgrade supporting the Sixty-One, Sixty-Two, Sixty-Eight, SL2, SL3, and SL4.
Serato DJ provides support for DVS (digital vinyl system), iZotope FX, Sync, Slip Mode, more Cue points, jump-to-loop, an improved 24-slot sampler and takes advantage of the high performance, ultra-low latency Rane ASIO and Core Audio drivers. Both programs share compatible song libraries, the same general workflow and deck layout.
Upgrading is optional -- Serato Scratch Live will still work with the Sixty-One, Sixty-Two, Sixty-Eight, SL2, SL3, and SL4. You can have both programs installed, and use one or the other. You can also use the included Core Audio and ASIO drivers to run any other popular DJ and DAW software program you like.
Ultra low latency core audio and asio drivers
Rane’s ultra low latency, multi-client ASIO and Core Audio drivers set the standard for USB streaming devices, working with all the major DJ and DAW software programs.
Rane ASIO (PC) and Core Audio (Mac) drivers allow use with multiple third-party software applications supporting Core Audio or ASIO. ASIO and Core Audio drivers are multi-client, meaning they allow multiple applications on a computer to share the device at the same time. When using a Rane product with Serato Scratch Live, proprietary Serato Audio Research drivers are used in place of Rane ASIO and Core Audio drivers. These drivers are used when Scratch Live is not running.
Take these industry standard drivers and unleash your Rane audio device on any professional software package of your choice. These drivers are fast and reliable, designed for professionals with demanding needs.
Compatible with Serato Scratch Live software
Serato Scratch Live provides a tight and authentic digital vinyl system with its unique, non-time-based Serato Noisemap control signal.
- Organize and browse your music collection
- Load music files onto Virtual Decks for playback
- Manage Cues, Loops and Samples
- Add powerful DJ Effects
The Serato Video software plug-in for Scratch Live adds the ability to playback, mix and add effects to video files. Serato’s Bridge plug-in allows you to record your Serato DJ performances as Ableton Live Sets, and play Ableton Live Sets with your turntables or CDJs.
Aux Inputs and Outputs
The auxiliary input provides a live input feed for creative sampling, recording your set or using a third vinyl turntable or CD deck. The auxiliary output delivers a third deck or the SP-6 sample player output to a dedicated input on your mixer. 24-bit audio processing delivers exceptional sound.
The included Core Audio (Mac) or ASIO (Windows) drivers allow the SL3 to act as a 6-in 6-out USB external sound card for use with all popular DJ and DAW audio software.
The SL3 accepts turntable outputs or CD line input levels with individual rear panel switches. The studio-grade phono preamp RIAA equalization in the SL3 is extremely accurate, for the best sound from your vinyl. The SL3 accepts 3Vrms inputs from CD decks without clipping, and outputs 3Vrms to the mixer without clipping. Other interfaces can't handle this much signal.
Rugged and compact die-cast design
A rugged die-cast design ensures your SL device is road-worth and able to take a beating.
A Kensington Security slot allows your device to be locked-down with a security cable.
SL3: Deck Thrus
Playing Regular Vinyl and CDs
The SL3 must be powered by USB or the included external power supply for the Analog Deck Thrus to work, which are turned on and off in the driver Control Panel.
If external power is not connected, the SL3 draws its power from the USB port. Plugging in an external supply removes the power drain from the USB port. Power switching is automatic, and the SL3 continues to operate uninterrupted as long as a power source is available.
To remove the laptop and keep a set going with regular vinyl or CD:
- Plug in the included external power supply and the yellow POWER indicator lights on the SL3.
- Activate the Analog Output for the Deck you want to hear in the control panel.
- Unplug the USB cable from the computer, and your turntable and mixer continue to play.
The universal power supply includes different input plugs for the USA, Europe, UK and Australia.
Galvanic isolation separates computer noise from audio
Units without galvanic isolation are susceptible to noise from connected computers. Galvanic Isolation guarantees audio from your mixer and decks is actively isolated from USB and power sources, eliminating ground loops and computer noise. Connect your device in any environment with confidence that it will be noise-free.
This DJ product has Virtual DJ native support, with most software controls MIDI-mapped to Rane Mixer controls. Pre-defined audio configurations are included for the Rane SL2, SL3, and SL4. Tap into the full powers of your Rane Mixer with audio, video, and DVS timecode plug & play in Virtual DJ 8. Download it at virtualdj.com.
- Inputs for three turntables or CD decks, switchable in any combination.
- High output improves ability to easily match levels of various source types.
- Studio-grade phono preamps, and 48kHz 24-bit audio processing for superior sound quality.
- Advanced, low latency ASIO and Core Audio Drivers for compatibility with third-party software.
- Built-in galvanic isolation to eliminate computer noise and interference.
- Compact and rugged hardware design.
- Aux Input for session recording or LiveFeed.
- Aux Output assignable to the SP-6 Sample Player.
- High-grade Phono Preamps upgrade the performance of most mixers.
- Software switchable Direct Thru Connections for regular deck playback.
- Bus power from USB port, or with the included external power supply.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).