- Audio circuit type: Passive splitter
- Frequency response: 7Hz ~ 20KHz
- Dynamic range: 140dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.0005% @ 1kHz
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio: >103dB
- Maximum Input: +35dBu
- Ground lift
- Input Connectors: XLR, RJ45
- Output Connectors: XLR, RJ45
- Construction: 16-gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Size (L x W x D): 8.13" x 4.13" x 2" (207 x 105 x 51mm)
- Weight: 2.6lb (1.18kg)
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
4-Channel Cat 5 Audio Snake
The Catapult Mini is a 4-channel compact audio snake that allows you to send analog audio signals over standard Cat 5 or Cat 6 shielded twisted pair cable.
- Send four channels of analog audio over a single Cat 5/6 cable
- Works with a building’s existing cable infrastructure
- Compact and lightweight, yet durable and rugged
- Economical Cat 5/6 cable replaces bulky multichannel audio snakes
Analog audio over Cat 5 wiring
The Catapult Mini RX and TX act like a typical four-channel analog audio snake; they allow you to send mic or line-level signals from one location to another without signal loss, noise, or interference, and without any digital audio conversion needed. What makes the Catapult system unique is that it utilizes Cat 5 Ethernet cable, which is widely available, lightweight, and economical. Simply connect a shielded Cat 5 cable between any two Catapult modules and they will use the analog conductors in the cable to deliver four balanced audio lines to any destination.
Straight-wire passive operation
Catapult modules require no power to operate, and since they keep the signal in the analog realm, no digital conversion is necessary. Straight-wire connection from the XLRs to the RJ45 connector on a Cat 5 cable ensures that your audio passes through without coloration or distortion.
Utilize pre-existing cable installations
As many buildings are already pre-wired for Cat 5, you can take advantage of this to transmit audio between distant rooms without the need to install or supply new cabling. This eliminates the need for bulky and expensive multi-channel audio cable, and allows contractors to benefit from installed network cable and easily connect from one room to another.
Mix & Match
All of the Radial Catapult modules are compatible with each other, and each is sold individually, so you can select whichever combination best suits your needs. The Catapult Mini RX and TX can be used together as a pair, creating a compact 4-channel audio snake. However, if you prefer to have a stage box to plug microphones into, but want a compact breakout cable that fits in the case with the mixer, combine the Catapult TX4 with the Catapult Mini RX. A variety of modules allow you to customize your transmit and receive devices to complement any application.
Catapult Mini Applications:
Using the Mini TX with the Mini RX
The Mini TX and RX can be directly connected using a single Cat 5 cable, providing you with a robust 4-channel analog audio snake that can deliver balanced signals over long distances while maintaining high audio quality.
Using the Mini TX with the Catapult RX4
The Mini TX can be paired with the Catapult RX4 to feed the outputs of a console to a distant rack of power amps. To block stray DC voltages and avoid noise through the system, the RX4L has line level isolation transformers to eliminate hum and buzz, as well as four direct XLR outputs to feed another device such as a recording interface. For isolation of mic-level signals, you can utilize the RX4M.
- Female XLR inputs: Connect to balanced mic or line level sources.
- RJ45 output: Sends analog audio over Cat 5 or Cat 6 Ethernet cable.
- Steel Chassis: 16-gauge steel housing to handle any touring environment.
- Powder coat: Durable finish keeps your Catapult Mini looking great for years.
- Expando mesh sheathing: Provides extra durability and protects cables from damage.
- Color-coded heatshrink labels: Identify channels at a glance
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).