225 watts-16 Ohms, 450 watts-8 ohms, 800-watts, 4 ohms (2 Ohm use possible, but may experience clipping at high volume.)
|AC Power Req.:
100–240Vac, 50–60 Hz, 250 W typical, 1000W peak.
PASSIVE INPUT: ¼" mono (full gain), 2 meg
ACTIVE INPUT: ¼" mono (-10dB gain), 30K
LINE INPUT: XLR 10K balanced, 1V full scale.
LINE OUTPUT: XLR, quasi-balanced, 400 ohms, 1V full scale
GAIN CONTROL MUTE BUTTON (with red warning LED)
DEPTH CONTROL (100Hz Hi-Q bass control)
CONTOUR CONTROL (Low-mid scoop, flat, treble cut)
MASTER CONTROL (adjusts peak power from 0 to 800W)
PILOT LIGHT (“winks” if the amplifier is driven into thermal limiting)
4-8 ohms, 90V, 25A peak
Dual ¼” jacks, 8 ohms each
Speakon (2 wire) 4-8 ohms.
3.5mm mini-jack, 20 ohms per side, 2V peak.
H x W x D 8.5”(218mm) x 7.5” (190mm) x 3” (76mm)
3.7 lbs (2kg)
UL recognized, tested to conform to FCC/CE limits for Class B devices.
Quilter BB-800 Bass Block 800 Amp Head with Deluxe Carry Case
Built from the Ground up:
Built specifically for the bass guitar, the Bass Block 800 represents the culmination of years of research and development. Unlike many of today's compact bass amps, the Bass Block 800 is not simply an existing consumer-grade power module married to a pre-amp, but a comprehensive power system that responds dynamically and musically to the player’s instrument and touch.
The Bass Block is so light you might forget you are carrying it to the gig! Using an ultralight aluminum chassis, internal fan-cooled heat sink, and ferreting out every ounce possible, the Bass Block manages to pack 800 watts into a sturdy and insanely lightweight 4-lb package.
Real world power at any voltage:
Using high power technology developed for world-class pro audio touring, the Bass Block 800 delivers effortless reserves of power to maintain tight control of the speaker without clipping or bottoming out. The universal-voltage power supply delivers smooth and powerful response regardless of “club voltage” surges. The amp works on any voltage, anywhere. Plug it in, turn it up, enjoy the effortless beauty of the tone!
The most "musical" bass head ever?
Pat Quilter’s first amp was built in 1967 for his brother’s bass player, and great bass tone remains a key passion. The modern bass is a full-range instrument, with much different dynamic requirements than electric guitar. Low frequencies require more horsepower to move air, and the instrument demands percussive response without bottoming out or obtrusive limiting. The Bass Block provides 800 “real watts” to build on, and the preamp is optimized to make the best use of that power, providing more effective headroom with less stress on the speakers. Unique bass-specific EQ controls allow the bassist to quickly dial in a wide range of tones to match any instrument, and a special 2-stage limiter prevents bottoming out without suppressing dynamic response and feel. A Master control allows the peak power point to be adjusted to safely power any size of speaker, from giant stacks down to compact studio units. A prolonged field testing program has confirmed that every component in the Bass Block 800 is focused on creating the ultimate musical instrument for bass players. You will feel it every moment of every gig. Effortless, powerful, and exacting tone at your fingertips. The ultimate tool in your arsenal.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).