8 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven):725 W
8 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven):800 W
4 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven):1000 W
4 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven):1200 W
Distortion (1 dB below rated power, 1 kHz):8 ohms: less than 0.02%; 4 ohms: less than 0.05%
Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz):100 dB
Input Sensitivity:1.2 Vrms
Voltage Gain (8 ohms):36.1 dB
Output Circuitry:2-tier Class H
Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4 ohms, 120V):10.1A
Frequency Response:20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0, -1 dB
Dynamic Headroom (4 ohms):2 dB
Input Impedance (ohms):Greater than 20k (balanced)
Maximum Input Level:+24 dBu (16 Vrms)
Input Connectors (each channel):3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel; Phono, unbalanced
Output Connectors (each channel):Speakon, 1/4", Binding Posts
Amplifier and Load Protection:Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection; Load protected against DC faults
Front Panel Controls and Indicators:Gain controls, 21 detents; Red Clip LEDs, proportional, 0.1% THD threshold; Green Signal LEDs, threshold -35 dB; Blue Power LED, AC on
Rear Panel Controls:Full Range / Crossover switch; 100 Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
Dimensions: Height:3.5" (89 mm) 2RU; Width: 19" (483 mm); Depth: 10.1" (257 mm)
Weight:Net: 15.5 lbs (12.1 kg); Shipping: 20.5 lbs (14.1 kg)
Agency Approvals:UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE Compliant
AC Current and Heating, 120 VAC:
Idle:AC amps - 0.6; BTU/hr - 82
8 + 8 ohms, 1/8 power:AC amps - 6.7; BTU/hr - 1169
8 + 8 ohms, 1/3 power:AC amps - 13.3; BTU/hr - 1807
8 + 8 ohms, full power:AC amps - 26.5; BTU/hr - 2167
4 + 4 ohms, 1/8 power:AC amps - 10.1; BTU/hr - 1963
4 + 4 ohms, 1/3 power:AC amps - 18.5; BTU/hr - 2612
4 + 4 ohms, full power:AC amps - 40; BTU/hr - 4478
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers.
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. The hallmarks of the QSC brand - professional audio quality, meticulous engineering, precision manufacturing and long-term reliability - are all intrinsic to GX. Add contemporary styling, multiple input/output options, light weight, and advanced protection circuitry, and the GX Series clearly represents real value - something everyone can use.
GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's
Program (Music) Power rating
or two times (2 x) the
Continuous (RMS) Power rating.
The GX7 outputs 725 watts into an 8 ohm load. Owners of popular 4 ohm loudspeakers (such as dual-woofer, two-way models) will find the GX7's 1000 watts will very capably power many of today's popular subwoofers or two typical 8 ohm speakers per channel.
Both amplifiers use premium toroidal power transformers for reliable "mid-weight" performance. A variable-speed fan moves air crosswise through the amplifier, drawing cool air in over the power transformer, through the fan, and then over the heat sink. This keeps the transformer cool and allows a full size heat sink to fit in a down-sized chassis.
The GX7 adds the road-proven PowerLight supply to the Class H output section, for more overall output power and additional weight savings. The result is one of the highest power-to-weight ratios in the industry. A low-noise variable-speed fan with rear-to-front airflow keeps amplifiers and racks cool.
As always, GX Series amplifiers are fully protected from the usual hazards of the trade, ensuring stable performance and long life.
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
Learn more about how GuardRail Protection works
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input entering Ch 1, sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz - 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range. GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4- and 8-ohm speaker systems
Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
Outputs: Speakon® combo accepts 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2- and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems
Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
Lightweight - GX3 and GX5 less than 26 lb (12.5 kg). GX7 only 15.5 lb (7 kg)*
Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
GuardRail™ automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
Front panel LEDs monitor power, signal, and clipping
Subwoofer/satellite crossover built-in
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).