Music Store Live is proud to offer up yet another drop-dead gorgeous beauty from our friends over at Paul Reed Smith with some unique figuring everywhere you look on the instrument!
As one of PRS's top independent dealers, we often have the privilege of heading out to their factory in Maryland to pick out all of the woods and specifications for a unique and exclusive run of guitars that can only be purchased through our shop! Here's the latest offering in our wood library vault.
Sonically, we went with PRS's "metal" pickups, which are certainly a bit overwound, but they are far from being one-trick ponies. They sound awesome with higher gain settings, but can also handle clean tones with ease. Rather than thinking of them as metal pickups, they're really just slightly more aggressive sounding pickups than PRS's 85/15's. The swamp ash body and flame maple top will combine to provide plenty of brightness and snap to the tone. But for us, the highlight here is the neck. The neck is our favorite combination of warm, full, and with the perfect amount of treble to cut through the mix: an East Indian rosewood neck and a Brazilian rosewood fretboard (the holy grail of all tonewoods). The feel and the tone are simply unbeatable.
Every vibration is efficiently and effectively transferred from headstock to strap button and everything in between. While this is certainly a guitar that's easy on the eyes, the playability and tone match the looks in every way. This is an instrument that leaves nothing to be desired.
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRS’s patented Gen III tremolo system and PRS \m/ pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. The PRS \m/ pickups are great for heavier styles of music and were designed with the metal community in mind. Both the treble and bass \m/ pickups are wound in house at PRS and utilize ceramic magnets for full, powerful and crystal clear tones. Whether used with massive amounts of gain or played clean, \m/ pickups are the perfect tool for the player who wants an aggressive and articulate tone.
There are several appointments on this guitar that make this truly an exclusive piece. The following are not available on standard CORE Custom 24 models:
Hand Selected Flame Maple Top / Swamp Ash Lightweight Body / East Indian Rosewood Neck / Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard / Paua Outline Inlays / \m/ Pickups / Satin Purple Mist Smokeburst Finish / Smoked Black Hardware
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
Pickup Switching Positions
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
Pattern Neck Shapes
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks. The "Pattern Thin" neck is an updated version of PRS’s traditional Wide Thin neck.
It’s All in the Details: TCI-Tuned Pickups
Paul Reed Smith is known as a man who studies history, scrutinizes the details, and never stops applying what he learns to his own instruments. It is that passion, care, and tenacity that has permeated PRS Guitars’ culture and led to the constant evolution of PRS products. Last year, PRS announced TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) pickups on the Paul’s Guitar. But, TCI is more than a pickup, it’s a process. That process has now been applied to all PRS pickups offered on our Core line of instruments, with the exception of a few artist Signature models.
“TCI stands for Tuned Capacitance Inductance. When you wind a pickup, the coils are capacitors, resistors, and inductors simultaneously. Our more refined ability to be able to tune those factors is what we have incorporated into TCI pickups,” said Paul Reed Smith. “To our ears, the results are very musical. We are very proud of how far we’ve come in the understanding and making of pickups. It’s been a fun process.”
- Model: Wood Library Custom 24
- Color: Satin Purple Smokeburst
- Top: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Back: Swamp Ash
- Binding: Black
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck: East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Neck Profile: Pattern Thin - 1 11/16" width and 26/32" depth @ nut
- Frets: 24
- Inlays: Paua Outlines
- Headstock Veneer: Brazilian Rosewood
- Pickups: \m/ Metal Bass and Treble
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Color: Smoked Black Chrome
- Bridge: PRS Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking
- Case: Black Paisley Deluxe Hardshell
- Serial #: 0313418
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of PRS's top independent dealers and is one of only a select few PRS Signature Dealers. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Paul Reed Smith instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock guitar or bass. Message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).