Music Store Live is proud to offer up yet another drop-dead gorgeous beauty from our friends over at Paul Reed Smith in a classic McCarty Sunburst finish!
As one of PRS's top independent dealers, we often have the privilege of heading out to their factory in Maryland to pick out all of the woods and specifications for a unique and exclusive run of guitars that can only be purchased through our shop! Here's the latest offering in our wood library vault.
The beauty of the roasted flame maple neck is only rivaled by the feel. For those that want the bright snappiness that a maple neck provides but prefer a satin finish to it, it simply doesn't get any better than this. It looks and feels incredible. And, of course, Brazilian rosewood happens to also be the holy grail of tonewoods providing a nice amount of warmth to go along with the brightness of the maple neck. Brazilian rosewood does have a bit of a brighter tone than any other rosewood, which is part of what made it so special. It has a high-midrange presence that is really what made it so magical. Maple necks and Brazilian rosewood fretboards were on some of the greatest guitars ever built back in the day. This one is a great example of why that was such an amazing combination.
When we were at the PRS factory putting this run of Wood Library guitars together, Paul Reed Smith was still in the development stages of the new 58/15+ pickups. After hearing some snippets of it, we knew we wanted those in this run of guitars. Currently, these are only being offered in the singlecut models so this makes these doublecut McCarty 594's even more unique. The 58/15+ pickups retain all of that wonderful PAF goodness that the 58/15's recreated but they have a little more presence and extra brightness to them that gives them a bit more versatility, especially if you start to add some gain to your tone. They sound absolutely rockin' and are full and lush!
Every vibration is efficiently and effectively transferred from headstock to strap button and everything in between. While this is certainly a guitar that's easy on the eyes, the playability and tone match the looks in every way. This is an instrument that leaves nothing to be desired.
The McCarty 594 is a versatile, vintage-inspired instrument that is effortlessly playable. Featuring a bound 22-fret Pattern Vintage neck and slightly thicker back for more enhanced tone and sustain, the McCarty 594 plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar you’ve been playing forever. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet single-coil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to its 58/15 LT pickups, which have now been through the TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) process, and dual volume and push/pull tone controls. A zinc two-piece bridge and vintage-style tuners anchor this guitar and stay true to the promise of the McCarty family.
There are several appointments on this guitar that make this truly an exclusive piece:
Hand Selected Flame Maple Top / Lightweight Hand Selected Mahogany Body / Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard / Hand Selected Roasted Flame Maple Neck / Paua Outline Inlays / 58/15+ Pickups / Satin McCarty Sunburst Finish
- Model: Wood Library McCarty 594
- Color: Satin McCarty Sunburst
- Top: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Back: Mahogany
- Binding: Natural
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck: Roasted Flame Maple
- Scale Length: 24.594"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Neck Profile: Pattern Vintage
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Paua Bird Outlines
- Headstock Veneer: Brazilian Rosewood
- Pickups: 58/15+ Bass and Trebble
- Control Knobs: 2x Volume, 2x Tone (push/pull)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: PRS Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Vintage Style Locking w/ Faux Bone Buttons
- Finish: Hybrid
- Case: Black Paisley Deluxe Hardshell
- Serial #: 0311346
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of PRS's top independent dealers and is one of only a select few PRS Signature Dealers. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Paul Reed Smith instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock guitar or bass. Message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).