Music Store Live is proud to offer up another Wood Library exclusive run from our friends over at PRS. We took a little trip over to Maryland and while there we hand-selected the tops, backs, necks, fretboards, hardware, etc... basically every single detail of the guitar was precisely calculated for the perfect aesthetics, playability, and tone.
If you were a fan of the PRS 408 or if you ever felt like the Custom 24 needed even more versatility than it already had, then this guitar has your name all over it! PRS's new Custom 24-08 is a hybrid of the flagship Custom 24 model with some of the pickup combinations offered in the 408 so that you can literally achieve any combination of humbucking and/or single-coil modes out of the 85/15 pickups in this beauty.
The Artist Grade flame maple top is no joke! The figuring is tight and really pops under the blue fade finish. The charcoal stained back and natural flame maple neck are a beautiful contrast to one another when you flip the guitar around. From top to bottom, and from front to back, there's no shortage of eye candy built into this guitar. The satin finish on the body and the neck look beautiful, but also feel amazing!
While they say looks can be deceiving... That's not the case here. This guitar looks beautiful and has the playability and tone to back that up all day and all night. The combination of the maple neck, African Blackwood fretboard, and swamp ash body is going to make this guitar sound a bit snappier and brighter than one with mahogany and rosewood, for example. According to Paul Reed Smith, African Blackwood is very similar in tonality to Brazilian rosewood but without all of the restrictions on the import and export of the wood.
The John Mayer Super Eagle Private Stock guitars came with African Blackwood and that was my first experience with it. Since then we've used it on several Wood Library runs and we absolutely love the way that it sounds (and the way that it looks as well). The high mids and treble frequencies are enhanced with the combination of the neck woods. The Blackwood's got that top-end shimmer and sparkle to it that other rosewoods (and even ebony) miss out on. It also has nice warmth to it, like rosewood, while still being very snappy. Of course, the flame maple neck and swamp ash body will also add some more brightness to the tone compared to a mahogany neck and body, for example. It all pairs together wonderfully for a sound that is crisp, defined, and extremely articulate without being piercing or overly bright.
The result is a guitar that will never sound muddy and can cut through any mix like a hot knife through room temperature butter. That bit of extra treble is really nice! We usually feel it's easier to dial back brightness (with the tone knob) than it is to try to add more brightness into a dark sounding guitar. So, without being overly harsh or shrill in the top end, you can notice the difference in these tonewoods compared to a regular Custom 24-08. We think the upgrades in tonewoods here really cements this as the perfect, versatile, swiss army knife PRS guitar. The single-coil tones really sizzle, spank, and twang and the humbucker sounds really cut, growl, and punch.
This guitar features some Artist Package and some Private Stock specs while coming in below the cost of a normal Artist Package 24-08. The hand-selected artist-grade flame maple tops, swamp ash bodies, African blackwood fretboards and flame maple necks (stained to match the top) won't be found on other CORE Custom 24-08s and help make this a truly special guitar.
We fly all the way across the country several times a year to do this so that we are personally going out there and choosing the very best of the wood selection that PRS has to offer. We pour a lot of passion into each design that we come up with together with the wonderful team over at PRS. The goal is always to design instruments that are not only unique and look beautiful, but also sound absolutely phenomenal.
- Satin Blue Fade Finish
- Hand-Picked African Blackwood Fretboard
- Hand-Picked Artist Grade Flame Maple Neck
- Smoked Black Hardware
- Green Ripple Outline with Abalone Center Bird Inlays
- Model: Wood Library Custom 24-08 Artist Package
- Color: Satin Blue Fade
- Top: Artist Grade Flame Maple
- Back: Swamp Ash w/ Charcoal Stain
- Binding: Natural
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: African Blackwood
- Neck: Flame Maple
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Neck Profile: Pattern Thin - 1 11/16" width and 26/32" depth @ nut
- Frets: 24
- Inlays: Green Ripple Outlines w/ Abalone Center Birds
- Pickups: 85/15 Bass and Treble
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Mini-Toggles: 2x Coil-Split
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Blade Switch
- Color: Smoked Black Chrome
- Bridge: PRS Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking
- Case: Brown Paisley Deluxe Hardshell
- Serial #: 0312090
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of PRS's top independent dealers and is one of only a select few PRS Signature Dealers. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Paul Reed Smith instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock guitar or bass. Message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).