- Paul Reed Smith S2 Vela
- Egyptian Gold Metallic Body w/Matching Back, Neck, and Headstock
- Offset Mahogany Body
- Mahogany Neck
- Pattern Regular Neck Profile
- 25" Scale
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Dot Inlays
- Same Fret Wire as PRS Core Guitars
- S2 Starla Bridge Pickup
- S2 Type-D Singlecoil Neck Pickup
- 3 Way Blade Selector Switch
- Volume Knob
- Tone Knob with Push / Pull Coil Tap
- PRS S2 Locking Tuners
- PRS Plate Style Bridge w/ Brass Saddles
- PRS S2 Gig Bag
- Made in Maryland
Mr. Paul Reed Smith is at it again. Revolutionizing the way guitars are made, played, and in this case, priced. With the same keen eye for detail and superior level of craftsmanship that PRS has always been known for, the S2 line is nothing short of a guitar manufacturing revelation. Standing for "Stevensville 2," this line of guitars is manufactured in PRS's Maryland shop.
The S2 Vela is a bold new design from PRS. While most S2 models are based on a guitar from PRS's core lineup, the Vela has its own DNA from top to bottom. It's one of the most creative new guitars I've come across in a while. The sound is bright and punchy, with a hint of jangle and plenty of body. The offset body is a first for PRS, but from the comfort of the design you'd think they've been at it for some time. Check out the cool bridge on this axe. It not just for looks - those big brass saddles provide gobs of sustain. The neck and fretboard offer classic PRS comfort through and through: just the right amount of string tension and impeccable fretwork.
This guitar is special. It's a new sound and body style for PRS, but they've been in the game long enough to hit it out of the park on the first try. Perfect for anyone who's looking for classic PRS quality on something a little different.
This PRS S2 Vela has an Egyptian Gold Metallic finish. The mahogany body has an offset design, a first for PRS. It looks cool and has a great ergonomic feel. The mahogany neck has a Pattern Regular profile, a rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, a 25" scale length, and the same fret wire that's used on all of the PRS Core line of guitars. The pickups in this axe aren't your usual S2 humbuckers. There's an S2 Starla in the bridge and a new S2 Type-D Singlecoil in the neck. This unorthodox setup offers an enormous palette of sound that leans more in the punchy, crisp, and even jangly direction than the straight-down-the-middle, mids-happy, E minor pentatonic direction. I for one can't get enough of it, especially through a small tube amp. The bridge on this guitar has some special goings on as well. It's a PRS plate-style design, and those big brass saddles aren't just there to look cool - they do wonderful things to the sustain and add to that bell-like chime in the high end. The intonation is spot on and string changes are a cinch.
Manufactured in the US, the S2's are offered at an affordable price point. This line of guitars uses some of the very same components found on PRS's most expensive models, and they're all put together with that exacting precision that defines high-end PRS guitars.
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).