Music Store Live is proud to offer up this McCarty Singlecut 594 from our friends over at Paul Reed Smith. Inspired by the great Ted McCarty, Paul set out to put his spin on a classic favorite. Who doesn't love a simple, yet sophisticated singlecut, double-humbucker, slinky, and sleek design?
After Paul Reed Smith befriended and picked the brain of guitar pioneer Ted McCarty, the first PRS McCarty models came out in 1994. They incorporated many of the subtle but essential build techniques that Ted used to create some of the best electric guitars the world has played. After a brief hiatus from the core PRS lineup, the McCarty is back!
Along with a double-cutaway version, PRS is also offering a singlecut version of the 594 guitar that will look very familiar to Les Paul lovers. It's a straightforward but effective design that embodies that classic mahogany body, dual humbucker sweetness with slinkiness from the shorter scale length. The back is a little thicker for increased tone and sustain, and two of Paul Reed Smith's best new vintage pickups pump out radiant sound in every register. For those looking for that classic Les Paul feel, PAF tone, but want the exception and unparalleled quality and craftsmanship of a PRS... Well here's your complete package, right here! Equipped with the new 58/15LT+ pickups, these are the best singlecut guitars PRS has ever made if you're looking for an LP slayer... And at 8 lbs, it's a far cry from the boat anchor LP's of old but still with all of the sustain and full sound that gave this design its reputation as a rock machine many decades ago.
This is a player's axe that's built to be played day after day, but it's also an important part of the electric guitar's history, and it certainly isn't too shabby to look at either.
The McCarty family of guitars are born from passion and precision: built passionately to embody vintage appointments and tone while utilizing the precision of PRS’s modern manufacturing techniques. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet single-coil sounds, the McCarty Singlecut 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT+ pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty Singlecut 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
The McCarty Singlecut 594 has been meticulously spec’d to deliver a familiar feel and warm, vintage tone, featuring a bound, 22-fret, 24.594” scale length Pattern Vintage neck, a slightly thicker back for enhanced tone and sustain, and 58/15 LT+ treble and bass pickups, which have now been through the TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) process. 58/15 LT+ pickups offer exceptional clarity, focused midrange, and vintage character. The McCarty Singlecut 594 model is anchored by a zinc two-piece stoptail bridge with brass saddles and studs for added resonance and vintage-style tuners.
“One of my sayings is that everything that touches the string is God – well, that’s really the bridge, the nut, and the tuners. The updates to the McCarty family make a huge difference in their tone. The guitar sustains longer and the tone has more character,” said Paul Reed Smith.
In the late 1980’s, Paul Reed Smith called on Ted McCarty to consult with him on guitar design and production techniques. He not only served as a mentor but became a great friend of Paul and everyone he met at PRS. In 1994, PRS released the first McCarty, an instrument that incorporated the full spectrum of techniques and knowledge Paul had gained from Ted as well as his own experiences as a guitar builder.
It’s All in the Details: TCI-Tuned Pickups and Nitro Finish
Paul Reed Smith is known as a man who studies history, scrutinizes the details, and never stops applying what he learns to his own instruments. It is that passion, care, and tenacity that has permeated PRS Guitars’ culture and led to the constant evolution of PRS products. Last year, PRS announced TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) pickups on the Paul’s Guitar. But, TCI is more than a pickup, it’s a process. That process has now been applied to all PRS pickups offered on our Core line of instruments, with the exception of a few artist Signature models.
“TCI stands for Tuned Capacitance Inductance. When you wind a pickup, the coils are capacitors, resistors, and inductors simultaneously. Our more refined ability to be able to tune those factors is what we have incorporated into TCI pickups,” said Paul Reed Smith. “To our ears, the results are very musical. We are very proud of how far we’ve come in the understanding and making of pickups. It’s been a fun process.”
PRS is also updating the finish system in their Maryland factory. PRS has been known to tweak its finish formulations and processes, always looking to provide a great sounding, feeling, and looking guitar while maintaining a repeatable, quality-driven manufacturing process. This new nitro finish is a variation of PRS’s Private Stock high-gloss nitro with a cellulose CAB basecoat. The resulting finish is thin, hard, and clear – all qualities that help make a resonant, musical instrument that feels great.
“When you pick up a guitar with this finish, you can immediately feel that it’s not taking away from the guitar’s energy. It feels organic - like a classic, vintage guitar; it’s clear and does not hinder the figure or color of the instrument, and it sinks very little over time.” said Paul Reed Smith.
PATTERN NECK SHAPES
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks. The "Pattern Vintage" neck has the same width measurements as PRS's Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the bass side of the neck toward the nut end and a little less meat on the treble side of the neck from the twelfth fret to the heel.
- Model: McCarty Singlecut 594 10-Top
- Color: Turquoise
- Top: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Binding: Natural
- Back: Mahogany
- Finish: CAB Nitro
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Binding: White
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Scale: 24.594"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Birds
- Neck Profile: Pattern Vintage - 1 11/16" width and 57/64" depth @ nut
- Pickups: 58/15 LT+
- Controls: 2x Volume, 2x Tone (push/pull for coil-split)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: 2-Piece Stoptail
- Tuners: Vintage Style w/ Faux Bone Buttons
- Hardware Finish: Hybrid
- Case: PRS Black Tolex Hardshell
- Serial #: 0308570
- Instrument Weight: 9.1 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of PRS's top independent dealers and is one of only a select few PRS Signature Dealers. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Paul Reed Smith instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock guitar or bass. Call or message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).