Music Store Live is proud to offer up another unique and beautiful creation from our friends over at the Paul Reed Smith Private Stock department. Paul Miles and his crew redefine what a "custom shop" guitar should be with every Private Stock build they make. They're some of the best in the world at what they do, no doubt about it.
We usually build bright, colorful, and flashy guitars when we go through the Private Stock department. And while this one still has plenty of flash and pizazz to it, it's more of an au naturale look and anything that could be made out of wood on it, we chose to do so. Everything down to the pickup rings, bindings, knobs, and tuner buttons show off the beauty of the natural woods to go along with the gorgeous cocobolo we picked for the top, back, sides, and neck of this angelic creation.
This is basically the closest thing we could conceptualize to something that would sound like an all-Brazilian rosewood hollowbody guitar. We think cocobolo has a lot of very similar tonal properties to Brazilian rosewood, not to mention the absolutely gorgeous aesthetics. It has the warmth you expect from rosewood but also a beautiful bell-like chime in the top end that is part of what makes Brazilian so special and different from other rosewoods. Cocobolo shares a lot of those characteristics and this one also does have a Brazilian rosewood fretboard, as well. So the result is a hollowbody guitar with full, warm, round, but tight bass response as well as a beautifully open and vocal-like top end that rings out like the heavens opened up and a choir of angels descended upon you.
Of course, with so much focus on the tonewoods going into this build, we had to have PRS add a piezo to this guitar to tap into the incredible acoustic qualities of this design as well. Use the magnetic pickups on their own, use the piezo on its own, or mix them together for a huge array of musical tonal options. Blending the piezo in with some of the magnetic pickups provides some of our favorite tones. It's a common trick used in studios to layer and thicken up guitar parts (for example, recording an acoustic guitar that doubles the electric guitar but it's usually really low in the mix, almost unnoticeable). You can do that right on your guitar with this one by blending the piezo with the 58/15 pickups.
This guitar is definitely not all just for show. We picked tonewoods that look beautiful, but most importantly we picked a combination of tonewoods that would sound absolutely phenomenal and magical. Mission accomplished! Simply put, what an absolutely stunning work of playable art!
Private Stock represents the highest quality of materials, the most personally crafted instruments, and the greatest level of customization available from PRS. Whether you choose one of our Private Stock models or spec a Built to Order instrument, every Private Stock is carefully conceived and built with a “one-off” mentality. Through this program, we strive to deliver heirloom-quality, musical instruments. All woods for this guitar were hand-selected by the dealer during a trip to our Private Stock vault in Maryland.
"I have never seen anyone playing guitar in a bad mood. There’s something magic about guitars because they are simultaneously art, musical instruments, treasured possessions, and tools to joyfully spend time with. If you get an extraordinary instrument from Private Stock that is equally as good as a family heirloom and a musician’s tool to make a living on, we have done our job." - Paul Reed Smith
Unique features to this PRS Private Stock guitar are:
- The dealer selected all of the woods used
- Vibrant cocobolo top and back pieces
- Satin cocobolo Neck
- Brazilian rosewood fretboard w/cocobolo bird inlays
- Brazilian rosewood tuner buttons and control knobs
- Flame maple body binding, f-hole binding, fretboard and headstock binding, and pickup rings
Pattern Neck Shapes
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks. The Pattern Vintage neck has the same width measurements as PRS's Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the bass side of the neck toward the nut end and a little less meat on the treble side of the neck from the twelfth fret to the heel.
- Model: Private Stock Hollowbody II Piezo
- Top, Back, and Sides: Cocobolo
- Binding: Flame Maple
- Control Knobs: Brazilian Rosewood
- Finish: High Gloss Nitro
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Cocobolo, Satin
- Scale Length: 24.594"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Cocobolo Birds, Mother of Pearl Outlines
- Neck Shape: Pattern Vintage - 1 11/16" width and 57/64" depth @ nut
- Headstock Veneer: Cocobolo Private Stock Eagle, Mother of Pearl Outline, Flame Maple Binding
- Magnetic Pickups: 58/15LT
- Piezo Pickup: PRS Designed by LR Baggs
- Controls: Humbuckers Volume, Tone, Piezo Volume
- Mini-Toggle: 3-Way Piezo On/Off/Piezo+Magnetic
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle
- Output Jacks: Mag/Mix & Piezo
- Bridge: Adjustable Stoptail Piezo
- Tuners: Phase III Set Screw Locking w/ Brazilian Rosewood Buttons
- Hardware Finish: Smoked Black Chrome
- Case: Private Stock Hollowbody Brown Leather Hardshell
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Serial #: 0323978
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Paul Reed Smith. This Private Stock Hollowbody II Piezo is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of PRS's top independent dealers and is one of only a select few PRS Signature Dealers. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Paul Reed Smith instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock guitar or bass. Call or message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.