What can we say? Paul Reed Smith makes some of the best guitars available on the market today and he has, once again, completely outdone himself. This guitar offers such smooth and fine playability that words will surely fall short of describing it. The neck is an absolute joy to play, even compared to some of the nicest guitars we have played from PRS. The unique features this guitar offers make it a stunning piece no matter how you look at it.
When the Paul's Guitar made it into the core line of PRS models, we were ecstatic. With totally unique and useful pickups, cool looks and effortless playability, it quickly became one of our favorite guitars. The narrowfield humbuckers maintain a punchy and focused tone in the neck and bridge positions. You can still achieve rich, creamy lead lines and get plenty of bass response, but you'll never have to worry about muddying up the mix. Perfect for the PRS fan in need of some versatility, the Paul's Guitar gets you that classic PRS sound we all know and love while also providing the option to split each of the humbuckers, independently of one another, into silent single coils. Through some sort of guitar-building wizardry, Paul Reed Smith found a way to make the guitar virtually the same volume and entirely quiet whether you're running it in single coil or humbucker mode and whether you're using one or two pickups at a time.
Playability, of course, is off the charts. The guitar is comfortable as can be and the Pattern neck is substantial but not too bulky. On top of all of the different tones you can achieve with this, and the fact that you're sure to turn some heads just simply with the sound of this beauty, you're also sure to get some attention just from pulling it out of the case. The Paisley case is classy, just like the guitar. It looks super cool and let's everyone around you know that you're not just about to pull out some run-of-the-mill guitar out of there. The anticipation will build up before the guitar is even out of the case. Then add to that one of the absolute nicest non-10-tops we've ever come across, by far. The figuring is consistent and beautiful through the entire top of the guitar.
At home, in the studio, or on stage, the PRS Paul's Guitar needs to be a serious consideration for any guitar player's arsenal.
This axe features a great flame maple top and a custom color, not normally available through PRS. The select mahogany neck features a Pattern profile, rosewood fretboard and Brushstroke Bird inlays. The pickups on this guitar are a set of PRS Narrow 408 pickups that are wired to two mini coil tap switches. These allow you to move easily between your favorite single coil and humbucking setups, and because the bridge pickup is reverse wound, you always retain hum-cancelling operation. Also, there is zero volume loss between the two settings. Yes, really. Some other stand out features include the rosewood headstock veneer with brushstroke signature and the PRS Artist Grade hard shell case. This is truly one of the most versatile and elegant instruments PRS has offered the market to date.
- PRS Paul's Guitar
- Custom Color - Charcoal Purple Burst
- Flamed Maple Top
- V12 Finish
- Mahogany Body
- Mahogany Neck
- Pattern Neck Profile
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Rosewood Headstock Veneer
- Brushstroke Bird Inlays
- PRS Paul's Pickups (Narrowfield 408s)
- PRS Tremolo Bridge with Brass Inserts
- 3 Way Toggle Switch
- Mini Toggle Coil Tap for Each Pickup
- PRS Phase III Low Mass Locking Tuners
- Nickel Hardware
- 22 Frets
- Scale Length 25"
- PRS Artist Grade Paisley Hard Shell Case w/ Candy
- Serial # 235745
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).