What can we say? Paul Reed Smith makes some of the best guitars available on the market today and he has, once again, completely outdone himself. This one is finished in a gorgeous copperhead smokeburst and sports one of PRS's upgraded flame maple 10-top.
This is the newest iteration of the guitar that he built for himself in an effort to "try some new stuff out". The result was so good that it became a mainstay and a staple in the PRS lineup. The Paul's guitar offers such smooth and fine playability that words will surely fall short of describing it... But we'll give it a try: The neck is an absolute joy to play, even compared to some of the nicest guitars we have come across from PRS. The unique features this guitar offers make it a stunning piece no matter how you look at it. The nitro finish will only get better with age and will allow the maple and mahogany to breath freely as the guitar breaks in.
When the Paul's Guitar made it into the core line of PRS models, we were ecstatic. With totally unique and useful pickups, cool looks and effortless playability, it quickly became one of our favorite guitars. The narrowfield humbuckers maintain a punchy and focused tone in the neck and bridge positions. You can still achieve rich, creamy lead lines and get plenty of bass response, but you'll never have to worry about muddying up the mix. Perfect for the PRS fan in need of some versatility, the Paul's Guitar gets you that classic PRS sound we all know and love while also providing the option to split each of the humbuckers, independently of one another, into silent single coils. Through some sort of guitar-building wizardry, Paul Reed Smith found a way to make the guitar virtually the same volume and entirely quiet whether you're running it in single coil or humbucker mode and whether you're using one or two pickups at a time.
At home, in the studio, or on stage, the PRS Paul's Guitar needs to be a serious consideration for any serious guitar player's arsenal.
“I don’t just like the newest version of my guitar, I love it. With these new pickups, I can move from a strong bridge pickup to a very clear, “whoopy” neck pickup – you can hear every note – by just setting the mini-toggles and using the 3-way as normal. It’s a highly musical and very usable setup. This guitar has clear, spanky single coils when you split the pickups but a very full soapbar quality when they are in humbucking mode. It’s just beautiful.” - Paul Reed Smith
Historically, the Paul’s Guitar (like the Modern Eagle before it) has been a realization of Paul Reed Smith’s latest discoveries surrounding tone. Paul specified every appointment of this instrument from the wood selection and inlay design to the pickups. This revamped model represents Paul’s vision not only as a guitar maker but as a guitar player who needs versatile stage- and studio-ready gear that can achieve all the right tones. As a man who has every option available to him, Paul’s personal design choices include mahogany bodies with maple tops, Honduran rosewood fretboards, Nitrocellulose finishes, “Brushstroke” bird inlays, and narrow pickup bobbins. The Paul’s Guitar model also includes PRS’s TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance) treble and bass pickups with two mini-toggle switches that allow players to put either or both pickups in either humbucking or true single coil mode.
PATTERN NECK SHAPES
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks.
Perfected after years of prototyping, the new "Pattern" neck is an updated Wide Fat PRS neck style based on Paul’s pre-factory design. These necks were found on the instruments built for Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton and Howard Leese from the late 70’s to the mid 80’s.
- Model: Paul's Guitar 10-Top
- Color: Copperhead Smokeburst
- Top: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Body: Mahogany
- Binding: Natural
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: Honduran Rosewood
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss, Stained
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Neck Profile: Pattern - 1 11/16" width and 28/32" depth @ nut
- Inlays: Brushstroke Birds
- Frets: 22
- Pickups: TCI Bass and Treble
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Mini-Toggles: 2x Coil-Split
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: PRS Stoptail w/Brass Inserts
- Tuners: Phase III Locking w/Faux Bone Buttons
- Case: Black Tolex Hardshell
- Serial #: 0307913
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of PRS's top independent dealers and is one of only a select few PRS Signature Dealers. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Paul Reed Smith instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock guitar or bass. Call or message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).