- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Middle Wood: Ovangkol
- Back Wood: Ovangkol
- Body Shape: Angelus Cutaway
- Body Depth at Neck Block: 3 19/32”
- Body Depth at Tail Block: 4 3/8”
- Bracing: PRS Hybrid “X”/Classical Bracing
- Body Purfling: Tiger Acrylic
- Body Binding: Cream
- Rosette: Tiger Acrylic, Cream/Black
- Bridge Wood: Ebony
- Tuners: PRS-Designed
- Acoustic Saddle: Bone
- Strings: 12-53
- Included Accessories: PRS Hardshell Case
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.3”
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Wide Fat
- String Spacing: 2 7/32”
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Strength/Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Nut: Bone
- Acoustic Electronics: Fishman GT1
The PRS SE A40E pairs ovangkol back and sides with a solid spruce top for full, lush tone. When matched with PRS hybrid“X”/Classical bracing, which allows the top to freely vibrate, the SE A40E’s voice projects with breathtaking volume and delicate nuance. The Angelus Cutaway body shape deliv- ers comfort and playability, well suited for picking and finger- style playing.
Plugged in, the Fishman GT1 pick up system delivers dynamic, organic tone and allows players to easily take this guitar from rehearsal to the stage. This electronics system features an undersaddle pickup and soundhole mounted preamp with easy-to-access volume and tone controls.
Additional high-quality features include a solid spruce top, ebony fretboard and bridge, bone nut and saddle, as well as PRS trademark bird inlays and headstock design. All PRS SE acoustics ship with a high-quality hardshell case.
DESIGN & BUILD PHILOSOPHIES
PRS SE Acoustics apply what we have learned from history and from our Private Stock acoustic instruments to a comprehensive selection of body shapes, wood pairings, and bracing styles. We have taken great care in these designs to ensure you are getting quality products with unique voices and PRS benchmark playability and quality.
Body Shape Options
The body shape of an acoustic affecs its look, its sound, and its feel. PRS offers two acoustic body shapes: Angelus Cutaway and Tonare Grand, meaning “Angel” and “Thunder” respectively. These shapes provide a comfortable, familiar feel for players and are both well suited for playing with a pick or fingerstyle.
The bracing pattern of an acoustic also contributes to its voice. PRS SE Acoustics come with either traditional 'X' bracing or PRS’s hybrid 'X'/Classical bracing. Traditional 'X' bracing allows the top to vibrate while providing a stability that gives these instruments their signature punch. PRS Hybrid bracing features the traditional 'X' at the soundhole with classical fan bracing across the belly. This allows the top to vibrate more freely for a rounder, more projecting tone. The back bracing on both body shapes is designed to 'lock down' the back and sides to promote the instrument’s projection through the top, giving the instruments a unique tonal quality.
Back & Side Options
Acoustic back and side wood choices help determine the guitar’s fundamental tone. SE acoustics feature mahogany, ovangkol, and maple back and side woods – all paired with solid Sitka spruce tops – each one offering its own flavor. When matched with the body shape and bracing style, the guitars overall voice is largely formed.
PRS SE acoustics feature a Fishman GT1 electronics system, featuring an undersaddle pickup and soundhole mounted preamp with easy-to-access volume and tone controls. This system delivers dynamic, organic tone that allows players to go from rehearsal to the stage with ease.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for PRS. This SE A40E Angelus is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty.
note: The photos above may not be of the exact guitar you'll receive. The serial number may differ but specs will all be the same. Please feel free to get in touch with us for an in-hand description.
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).