Are you looking for a McCarty 594 with an even smoother and sweeter sound while also providing some weight alleviation so you can play all night long in complete comfort? Now you can get the PRS Hollowbody II with a 24.594" scale length for a slinkier feel and fatter and rounder tone. The beautiful flame maple top and back on this one give it a snappy tone but also a gorgeous aesthetic on both sides of the instrument.
After Paul Reed Smith befriended and picked the brain of guitar pioneer Ted McCarty, the first PRS McCarty models came out in 1994. They incorporated many of the subtle but essential build techniques that Ted used to create some of the best electric guitars the world has played. After a brief hiatus from the core PRS lineup, the McCarty is back. It's a straightforward but effective design that embodies that classic mahogany body/dual humbucker sweetness with slinkiness from the shorter scale length. All in a body shape that will be familiar for Les Paul enthusiasts with a bit more of a modern look from the double-cut design. The back is a little thicker for increased tone and sustain, and two of Paul Reed Smith's best new vintage pickups pump out radiant sound in every register.
The hollowbody version scoops out some a bunch of the mid-range for a sound that can still stand out and cut through in the mix but will be able to also achieve a rounder, sweeter, and warmer sound than its fully solid-body or semi-hollow counterparts. It gives a nice mellowness to the treble frequencies and fullness to all of your notes while keeping the instrument nice and lightweight.
In short, this is a PRS Hollowbody II with a shortened scale length. But that really does give it a much different vibe that'll be great for anyone coming from that Gibson world or simply wanting the tonal and string tension differences that come with the 24.594" scale length.
The McCarty 594 Hollowbody II brings a new set of features to one of our most beloved models – the Hollowbody II. With fully-hollow build construction, the Hollowbody II is a resonant guitar with warm, woody tone. 58/15 LT pickups ensure that these guitars are clear and musical, and dual volume and push-pull tone controls offer plenty of versatility. The details taken from the McCarty 594 model impart old-school character to this already classic instrument. Those details include a 24.594” scale length, two-piece bridge, and Pattern Vintage neck shape. The McCarty 594 Hollowbody II is a true showstopper with effortless playability, articulate vintage tone, and a jaw-dropping aesthetic.
The Pattern Vintage neck has the same width measurements as PRS's Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the bass side of the neck toward the nut end and a little less meat on the treble side of the neck from the twelfth fret to the heel.
- Model: McCarty Hollowbody 594 10-Top
- Color: Faded Whale Blue
- Flame Maple 10-Top and Back
- Sides: Mahogany
- Double Binding: Natural
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Birds
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Pattern Vintage - 1 11/16" width and 57/64" depth @ nut
- Neck Finish: White - Gloss
- Fretboard Binding: White
- Scale: 24.594"
- Pickups: 58/15LT Bass and Treble
- Controls: 2x Volume, 2x Tone (push/pull to split each humbucker)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: 2-Piece Hardtail
- Tuners: Modified Phase III Locking
- Case: Black Tolex Molded Hardshell
- Serial #: 0303789
- Instrument Weight: 5.9 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of PRS's top independent dealers and is one of only a select few PRS Signature Dealers. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Paul Reed Smith instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock guitar or bass. Message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).