MusicStoreLive.com is proud to present this stunningly beautiful McCarty 594 with an Artist Package quilt maple top, korina back, a rosewood neck, and ebony fretboard! Stunningly beautiful and sonically jaw-dropping.
While it has never been particularly difficult for Paul Reed Smith to make lifelong converts out of guitar players, many Les Paul fanatics were left clamoring for something that has that PRS tone but with the slinky feel they are used to out of their Les Paul guitars with the shorter scale length. Being the ever-inginuitive designer that he is, Paul Reed Smith has hit the nail on the head with this one. The tone is very reminiscent of a PRS Custom 22, but the scale length is 24.594" long and the strings sing out with sustain for days. The vintage-voiced 58/15 pickups provide excellent warmth when playing clean and enough output and mid-range to keep your tone distinct and articulate when using distortion. The Pattern Vintage neck is new but will feel very familiar and comfortable for anyone that has played one of the PRS Pattern necks. It's a a Pattern shaped neck but is slightly thicker from front to back and has an asymmetrical carve that feels very ergonomic while providing massive tone and sustain. "I think a lot of people know PRS as a company that is looking to history, innovating, and improving all at the same time. The McCarty 594 is a great example of that culture. I believe it to be a great musical instrument… quality, playability and tone. It is also, as the ad says, subtly very different. When we were developing the 594, we examined everything: the scale length, the tuners, the bridge materials, the nut material, the pickups, the neck shape...... every piece of this instrument was designed to be exactly what we thought it needed to be to add up to the best instrument we could make. The final guitar, in my experience, is more than the sum of its parts. My hope is it is a source of joy and real musicality for everyone who picks one up. So far, it seems to be doing its job in that regard" – Paul Reed Smith
It's becoming increasingly difficult to find PRS guitars with a quilt maple top on them unless you go through the Private Stock department. This one comes with an absolutely mesmerizing quilt top and a korina back. Korina is a warm, resonant, and balanced performer. It also yields great clarity, definition, and sustain. The species is known generically as limba—an African wood related to mahogany, but imported under the trade name Korina. It’s a fairly light hardwood with a fine grain that’s usually enhanced in the finishing process to appear as an attractive array of long, thin streaks. On top of that, this axe is sporting a rosewood neck that feels like a million bucks under your hands, and an ebony board that will provide a bit of extra brightness to the tone. If you've never tried a guitar with a rosewood neck, you should do yourself the favor of giving it a chance. The rosewood feels great under your hands and ads a nice mid-range presence to the guitar that keeps it from getting muddy and provides some nice warmth to the sound.
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A new Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s gear and worm together (while “locking” over the worm to prevent slipping) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar with as little energy as possible being detracted. (The tuner functions identically to standard Phase III tuners for re-stringing. Set screws must NOT be adjusted outside of the PRS factory. Making any adjustments to this feature may cause the tuner to stop functioning properly.)
- PRS Artist Package McCarty 594
- Faded Whale Blue Smokewrap
- Blue Binding / Black Back
- Artist Package Quilt Maple Top
- V12 Finish
- Korina Body
- Rosewood Neck
- Pattern Vintage Neck Shape
- Ebony Fretboard w/ Binding
- Bird Inlays
- PRS 2-Piece Stoptail Bridge
- PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- PRS 58/15 LT Pickups with Push/Pull Coil Taps
- 3 Way Selector Switch
- 2 x Volume & Push/Pull Tone Controls
- 22 Frets
- Nickel Hardware
- PRS Deluxe Hard Shell Case with Case Candy
- Serial #: 233824
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).