MusicStoreLive.com is proud to present this stunningly beautiful PRS McCarty 594!
While it has never been particularly difficult for Paul Reed Smith to make lifelong converts out of guitar players, many Les Paul fanatics were left clamoring for something that has that PRS tone but with the slinky feel they are used to out of their Les Paul guitars with the shorter scale length. Being the ever-inginuitive designer that he is, Paul Reed Smith has hit the nail on the head with this one. The tone is very reminiscent of a PRS Custom 22, but the scale length is 24.594" long and the strings sing out with sustain for days. The vintage-voiced 58/15 pickups provide excellent warmth when playing clean and enough output and mid-range to keep your tone distinct and articulate when using distortion. The Pattern Vintage neck is new but will feel very familiar and comfortable for anyone that has played one of the PRS Pattern necks. It's a a Pattern shaped neck but is slightly thicker from front to back and has an asymmetrical carve that feels very ergonomic while providing massive tone and sustain. "I think a lot of people know PRS as a company that is looking to history, innovating, and improving all at the same time. The McCarty 594 is a great example of that culture. I believe it to be a great musical instrument… quality, playability and tone. It is also, as the ad says, subtly very different. When we were developing the 594, we examined everything: the scale length, the tuners, the bridge materials, the nut material, the pickups, the neck shape...... every piece of this instrument was designed to be exactly what we thought it needed to be to add up to the best instrument we could make. The final guitar, in my experience, is more than the sum of its parts. My hope is it is a source of joy and real musicality for everyone who picks one up. So far, it seems to be doing its job in that regard" – Paul Reed Smith
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A new Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s gear and worm together (while “locking” over the worm to prevent slipping) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar with as little energy as possible being detracted. (The tuner functions identically to standard Phase III tuners for re-stringing. Set screws must NOT be adjusted outside of the PRS factory. Making any adjustments to this feature may cause the tuner to stop functioning properly.)
- PRS McCarty 594
- Dark Blue Matteo Custom Color
- Flame Maple Top
- V12 Finish
- Mahogany Body
- Mahogany Neck
- Pattern Vintage Neck Shape
- Rosewood Fretboard w/ Binding
- Bird Inlays
- PRS 2-Piece Stoptail Bridge
- PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- PRS 58/15 LT Pickups with Push/Pull Coil Taps
- 3 Way Selector Switch
- 2 x Volume & Push/Pull Tone Controls
- 22 Frets
- Nickel Hardware
- PRS Deluxe Hard Shell Case with Case Candy
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.