The PRS Hollowbody II features some of the most authentic combinations of acoustic and electric sound we've seen.
Tonally, it's completely in its own class. It has the clarity and articulation that PRS is known for, but it also has the warm, dynamic responsiveness of a good jazz box. This makes for some incredibly focused, detailed tone. Distorted sounds gain a refreshing new depth coming out of this guitar. They cut with a crisp liveliness, but fade out with the gentle resonance you'd expect from an acoustic. Clean, this guitar can do pretty much everything. It rolls off wonderfully for dark sounds, but it can also brighten up without piercing. The tones you can get with the piezo make it hard to believe this is an electric guitar. The hollow construction also shaves off a few pounds, so you can play it for hours without getting tired.
If you're an electric player looking for more warmth or an acoustic player who needs more of an edge, don't skip over this guitar. The stunningly gorgeous flame maple and matching back on this helps match aesthetics with playability and sound.
With brilliant acoustics and a vast array of tones, the Hollowbody II has been a constant favorite in our dynamic lineup of semi-hollow instruments. The combination of the maple top and back with mahogany sides provides tonal clarity and extraordinary resonance.
The PRS/LR Baggs Piezo System comes standard, providing musicians with the versatility of wielding both acoustic and electric guitar tones in one instrument. There are two output jacks on the Hollowbody II, allowing guitarists to plug into their favorite electric guitar or acoustic guitar amp or DI into a soundboard. By utilizing the separate blend control, the tone of the Hollowbody II’s 58/15 pickups can also be combined with acoustic sounds through a single output.
- Model: Hollowbody II Piezo 10-Top
- Color: River Blue Smokeburst Wrap
- Top and Back: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Sides: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Neck Profile: Pattern
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Magnetic Pickups: 58/15 LT Bass and Treble
- Piezo Pickup: LR Baggs Designed PRS Piezo
- Controls: Mag Volume, Tone, Piezo Volume
- Mini-Toggle: Mag/Piezo On/Off/Blend
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: Wraparound Adjustable
- Tuners: Phase III Locking
- Color: Hybrid
- Case: Molded Black Tolex Hardshell
- Serial #: 0266304
- Instrument Weight: 5.6 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized Signature Dealer for Paul Reed Smith. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE guitar, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock. Message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).