- PRS Custom 22 Piezo 10-Top
- McCarty Sunburst
- V12 Finish
- Flamed Maple 10-Top
- Mahogany Body
- Mahogany Neck
- Pattern Neck Profile
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Bird Inlays
- PRS 85/15 Treble and Bass Pickups
- PRS/LR Baggs Piezo System
- PRS Piezo-Equipped Tremolo Bridge
- 5 Way Blade Selector Switch
- 3 Way Magnetic/Piezo Mini Toggle
- PRS Phase III Low Mass Locking Tuners
- Dual Outputs - Mix/Mag & Piezo
- Quick Release 9volt Battery Compartment
- Hybrid Hardware
- PRS Hard Shell Case
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs
A guitar like this really gets the musical ideas flowing. The tone is everything you'd expect from PRS, which means that this guitar doesn't sound quite like any other. The tone is dynamic and rich, and the piezos offer a shimmering acoustic sound that makes it hard to believe this is a solidbody. The pickups in this are based off of the original pickups that took guitar players by storm when Paul Reed Smith began pumping out guitars in Maryland in 1985. They are a nod to vintage sounds while keeping a bit more of a modern studio-like refinement to them. Sonically they allow you to get vintage sounds while still being able to comfortably navigate through some more modern, higher gain tones. They are crystal clear and have awesome punch and definition. In conjunction with the piezo in this bad boy, you can really dial in a ton of very musical and very usable sounds. The feel is that characteristic PRS feel - effortless, comfortable, and fast. Perfect for the gig where or recording session when you want to work efficiently and not constantly switch guitars. You can also achieve a very cool doubling effect by playing both the piezo and magnetic pickups at the same time through two different amps. An age-old recording trick used to fatten and punch up guitar tracks. Along with sounding great and playing like a dream, this one's a real looker too. The 10-Top on this guitar is drop dead gorgeous and it'll leave your friends jealous of your sound AND your looks.
The Custom 22 Piezo provides musicians the versatility of wielding both acoustic and electric guitar tones in one instrument. PRS and LR Baggs partnered more than a decade ago to design the piezo system found in PRS’s original hollowbody models. The new system retains the same circuit design as the original, maintaining tonal authenticity and real world practicality. There are two output jacks on the Custom 22 Piezo, allowing guitarists to plug into their favorite electric or acoustic guitar amp or DI into a soundboard. By utilizing the separate blend control, the tone of the 85/15 pickups can also be combined with acoustic sounds through a single output.
The Custom 22 Piezo comes standard with a figured maple top, mahogany back, mahogany neck with a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard, and a redesigned PRS/LR Baggs piezo system.
Pickup Switching Positions
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).