Music Store Live is proud to offer up this Custom 24-08 with an upgraded flame maple 10-top and hybrid hardware from our friends over at Paul Reed Smith Guitars.
PRS's new Custom 24-08 is a hybrid of the flagship Custom 24 model with some of the pickup combinations offered in the 408 so that you can literally achieve any combination of humbucking and/or single-coil modes out of the 2 85/15 pickups in this beauty.
An instrument of this precision and quality ignites musical ideas in a way that other guitars simply don't. The tone is everything you'd expect from PRS, which means that this guitar doesn't sound quite like any other. It's round and warm without being too boomy in the low end, and the mid-range and highs bloom with a definition that cuts through at high volumes without losing depth. The neck is a treat to play - think effortless bends and no speed limit. The body has a bell-like resonance that is very hard to come across on a solid body electric.
Virtually any style of music will benefit from the wide tonal spectrum and versatility of this instrument. With the ability to dial in noiseless single-coil tones and that classic PRS sound all in one instrument, this guitar can really do it all. Using some mystical and magical technology (not really, they just have a phantom coil that is active when you are in single-mode for each pickup), PRS has found a way to eliminate that annoying hum that is inherent to single coil pickups. The playability is all PRS and this guitar really makes no compromises. It plays like a dream, as you might expect out of any PRS, and has a ton of very usable and highly musical sounds to back up its gorgeous looks.
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar, the iconic instrument that started it all back in 1985. The Custom 24-08 keeps all the same foundational specifications as the original Custom – maple top, mahogany back and neck, 24 frets, 25” scale length, the PRS patented Gen III tremolo, and dual 85/15 pickups – but adds a new level of versatility with its simple switching system. Featuring mini-toggle coil tap switches (like the PRS 408 model), the Custom 24-08 has eight different pickup settings that provide an array of humbucking and single-coil tones, including a dual single-coil option unique for this model. For classic PRS playability, reliability, and tone with ultimate flexibility, check out the Custom 24-08.
PATTERN NECK SHAPES
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks.
The "Pattern Thin" neck is an updated version of PRS’s traditional Wide Thin neck.
TCI PICKUPS (on all PRS's built after September 2019)
Paul Reed Smith is known as a man who studies history, scrutinizes the details, and never stops applying what he learns to his own instruments. It is that passion, care, and tenacity that has permeated PRS Guitars’ culture and led to the constant evolution of PRS products. Last year, PRS announced TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) pickups on the Paul’s Guitar. But, TCI is more than a pickup, it’s a process. That process has now been applied to all PRS pickups offered on our Core line of instruments, with the exception of a few artist Signature models.
“TCI stands for Tuned Capacitance Inductance. When you wind a pickup, the coils are capacitors, resistors, and inductors simultaneously. Our more refined ability to be able to tune those factors is what we have incorporated into TCI pickups,” said Paul Reed Smith. “To our ears, the results are very musical. We are very proud of how far we’ve come in the understanding and making of pickups. It’s been a fun process.”
- Model: Custom 24-08 10-Top
- Color: Charcoal Burst
- Top: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Body: Mahogany
- Binding: Natural
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Frets: 24
- Neck Profile: Pattern Thin - 1 21/32" width and 27/32" depth @ nut
- Pickups: 85/15MT TCI Bass and Treble
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Blade Switch
- Mini-Toggles: 2x Coil-Split
- Bridge: Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners: Phase III Locking
- Hardware Color: Hybrid
- Case: PRS Black Tolex Hardshell
- Serial #: 0295994
- Instrument Weight: 7.4 lbs.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of PRS's top independent dealers and is one of only a select few PRS Signature Dealers. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Paul Reed Smith instrument. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock guitar or bass. Message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).