Stop the presses! We have come across a heck of a lot of PRS guitars here at the shop. So many of them are beautiful and unparalleled in quality along with aesthetics. But this one has got to take the cake. If there is a more beautiful non-Private Stock PRS guitar out there, I honestly haven't seen it. Music Store Live is truly proud to present this PRS Custom 22 Semi-Hollow with a 1-piece Artist Package grade Quilt Maple Top and a matching stained Flame Maple Neck! (Currently, quilt maple tops are only readily available through the Private Stock department. Artist Package builds with quilt tops have a delay of over 8 months on them, and CORE guitars don't even have the option of being ordered with quilt tops anymore. Stained Flame Maple necks are only available through the Private Stock department!)
PRS consistently outdoes themselves in terms of quality, consistency, and tone. It's easy to seem hyperbolic when describing a PRS guitar. The craftsmanship coming out of their Maryland plant is definitely noteworthy, but this particular PRS has one of the nicest feeling necks, to go along with one of the nicest looking tops, we have yet to come across. The 58/15 LT pickups harken back to the vintage PAF pickup days, but perhaps with just a touch more output. In other words, you can get vintage as well as modern tones out of this beauty. By being a semi-hollow, it'll have a very slight natural mid-scoop to it which will keep the guitar sounding warm, round, and mellow, while still being able to emphasize the treble and snappy top-end response when needed.
The Custom 22 is a classic workhorse with all the tones you’ve come to expect from your PRS with a distinctive, warm midrange and clarity thanks, in part, to its 58/15 treble and bass pickups. These pickups are wired for our 5-way blade switch, which offers a dual humbucker option (see switching positions below). The Custom 22 also features a PRS patented trem and your choice of a Pattern or Pattern Thin matching stained flame maple neck. The Custom 22 Semi-Hollow provides those same characteristics, but in a slightly mellower sounding package. Don't let that be confused with dark or muddy. There is still plenty of brightness to be had as well (also emphasized by the semi-hollow construction and maple neck) and a big, punchy bottom end.
Pickup Switching Positions
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized PRS dealer. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we're more than happy to help. Our PRS experts can provide you with pictures of available guitars from PRS's in stock inventory. We can also help guide you in custom ordering a new SE, S2, core guitar/amp, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock. Message us for details!
- PRS Custom 22 Semi-Hollow
- Orange Tiger
- Artist Package Quilt 1-Piece Maple Top
- V12 Finish
- Mahogany Body
- Stained Flame Maple Neck
- Pattern Thin Neck Profile
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Bird Inlays
- PRS Tremolo Bridge
- PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Bridge Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Neck Pickup: 58/15 LT
- 5 Way Switch
- Master Volume & Tone Controls
- 22 Frets
- Hybrid Hardware
- Scale Length 25"
- PRS Hardshell Case
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.