- PRS 408
- Satin Black
- Maple Top
- Mahogany Body
- Mahogany Neck - Black Satin Finish
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Pattern Neck Profile
- Bird Inlays
- 22 Frets
- 25" Scale Length
- PRS 408 Treble and Bass Pickups
- PRS Tremolo Bridge
- 3 Way Pickup Selector Switch
- 2 Mini Coil-Tap Toggle Switches
- PRS Phase III Low Mass Locking Tuners
- PRS Deluxe Tolex Hardshell Case
- Serial #: 240443
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs
Music Store Live is proud to present this PRS 408 with a slick satin black finish!
An instrument of this precision and quality ignites musical ideas in a way that other guitars simply don't. The tone is everything you'd expect from PRS, which means that this guitar doesn't sound quite like any other. It's round and warm without being too boomy in the low end, and the mid-range and highs bloom with a definition that cuts through at high volumes without loosing depth. The neck is a treat to play - think effortless bends and no speed limit. The body has a bell-like resonance that is very hard to come across on a solidbody electric. Virtually any style of music will benefit from the wide tonal spectrum and versatility of this instrument. With the ability to dial in noiseless single-coil tones and that classic PRS humbucking sound, this guitar can really do it all! Using some mystical and magical technology (it's not really magic, they just have a phantom coil that is active when you are in single-mode for each pickup), PRS has found a way to eliminate that annoying hum that is inherent to single coil pickups and this allows you to dial in some strat and tele-like tones in case you need something a little different. The playability is all PRS and this guitar really makes no compromises. It plays like a dream, as you might expect out of any PRS, and has a ton of very usable and highly musical sounds to back up it's awesome looks.
PRS is proud to offer the 408. These inspiring instruments bring the versatility and voicing of the Private Stock Signature and the Signature Limited Edition to PRS’s Core line.
PRS 408 pickups were designed to extend the guitar’s tonal spectrum by narrowing the field of the bass pickup to increase its focus and widening the field of the treble pickup to increase its sound field (hence their asymmetric appearance). This pickup configuration (comprised of four coils and offering eight sounds) stems back to Paul’s experimentation on the Sorcerer’s Apprentice guitars in the early 1980’s. Thanks to the simple but versatile switching system featuring mini-toggle switches that provide numerous combinations of humbucking and singlecoil tones, the 408 provides stunning articulation and musical clarity.Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized PRS dealer. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order anything. Our PRS experts can help guide you in purchasing a new SE, S2, CORE guitar, Artist Package, or even your very own Private Stock. Message us for details!
Our in-house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).