The ProCo Model CDSS "Short Stop" Momentary Microphone Muting Switch is a simple microphone signal muting device that offers clean reliable performance with any balanced or floating low-impedance (150 ohm nominal) microphone or signal source. The Short Stop is ideally suited for use in broadcast, disc jockey, sports announcing, boardroom, and live entertainment applications when the need to temporarily mute a microphone output is required.
To mute the microphone signal, the user simply depresses and holds down the switch. The Short Stop is a momentary muting switch, so the switch will need to remain depressed for as long as the user requires the signal to be muted. Releasing the switch will allow the microphone signal to once again continue to the sound system. The switch on the Short Stop may either be actuated by hand or the unit may be used as a footswitch.
Connections between the Short Stop and the microphone or signal source and to the sound system are made with standard microphone cables.
A female XLR-type connector is provided for Mic Input and a Male XLR-type connector is provided for Direct Out. The Short Stop enclosure is formed of a 16-gauge steel top and a rugged 11-gauge, black epoxy painted steel base. Steel provides excellent magnetic shielding from 60Hz AC hum fields. All control and connector function graphics are identified on a textured polycarbonate overlay. The enclosure is with (4) non-conductive, anti-skid feet on the base of the unit. Top-quality connectors and switches provide trouble-free service even in abusive situations such as remote broadcast and recording operations.
- Noiseless Momentary Microphone Muting Switch
- For Use with Both Dynamic and Condenser Microphones
- Passive Design Requires No Batteries or Phantom Power to Operate
- Can Be Hand-Actuated or Used as a Footswitch
- Reliable Mechanical Switch
- Connects With Standard Microphone Cables
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).