From the same brilliant mind that brought you all of the wonderful 3Leaf Audio pedals, Pike Amplification is a pedal company designed by bass players for bass players. Don't worry, Spencer is still busy cranking away awesome pedals for 3Leaf Audio as well, but he's decided to have one company that is purely dedicated to pedals that will work specifically well on bass guitar.
Enter the Vulcan Bass Overdrive. From the first note you play through this beast, you'll notice a focus and presence in the bottom end that is hard to come across on most overdrive pedals. The emphasis on maintaining a distinct and clear low-end helps set this apart from so many dirt pedals out there. The cool part about this is it can really get anywhere from a vintage-sounding overdrive to a more modern and in-your-face style of drive. The Color knob houses most of this pedal's mojo. From old-school James Jamerson-style B-15 fliptop fuzz to high gain and treble-heavy drive, you've got everything under the same hood here. Use with an 18v adapter for more clean head-room or with a 9v adapter for earlier break-up. You'll notice an almost tube-like warmth and response from this pedal which is hard to simulate.
The Vulcan is a bass overdrive that packs two discrete drive circuits into one package. The innovative color control provides a variable balance between a mid-forward, B-15-inspired overdrive and a higher-gain modern sound. The signal path is split after the first gain stage and sent to each overdrive circuit where the sound is clipped and sculpted individually and recombined at the output. The result is a versatile overdrive that adapts to any style. A broad range of tones can be accessed by using the tone knob on your bass in conjunction with the controls on the Vulcan.
The Vulcan is housed in a compact enclosure and finished with a brushed anodized aluminum faceplate. It utilizes the proprietary Pike CMOS bypass switching system for reliable silent switching through a clickless stomp switch. It is designed to sound great at 9v DC, but can be powered with 18v for a cleaner sound with extra headroom.
Built in Seattle, WA.
- Pike Amplification Vulcan Bass Overdrive
- Overdrive Pedal
- Volume, Mix, Color, and Gain Knobs
- 9V-18V DC Compatible (not included)
- True Bypass with Silent Switching
- Relay-Based Silent True Bypass
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).