- Discrete Opamp Always-On Buffer with variable input gain
- Discrete Opamp powered Boost with 9v and 18v gain modes for up to 32 dB of Clean Gain
- Studio Grade EQ with transparent, wide-range High Cut and Low Cut Filters
- Filters can be Independently assigned to be Always-On or active in Boost mode only
- Full Range Frequency response: 20Hz-22kHz, (EQ off)
- High Performance Power: Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage swing for huge internal headroom while drawing under 100mA and whisper quiet
- Audiophile, Studio-Grade Performance in a Pedal:
- USA designed and manufactured Discrete Opamp
- Audiophile grade, through-hole 1% Metal Film resistors
- Top shelf WIMA and Silver Mica caps used in tone sensitive operations
- Shortest purest signal path possible
- Lead-Free PCB constructed with Audiophile Lead-free Silver Solder
- Extremely Low Noise
- Pedal board friendly footprint and rear-mounted jacks
- Custom Box and Circuit Handmade in Oregon, USA
The Pettyjohn LIFT is the third offering in their new single pedal format, The Foundry Series, and it draws inspiration from their Original Signature Pedal, The PreDrive. The LIFT is a studio-grade Buffer/Boost pedal utilizing the best of modern Discrete Opamp technology. The LIFT is built with the same top shelf components as the PreDrive so it retains its audiophile level performance. However, Pettyjohn has taken it a step further with several notable changes!
The LIFT operates as an Always-On pedal, being either in Buffer mode or Boost mode, switchable via the footswitch. The Buffer is a truly state-of-the-art circuit, featuring a single Discrete Opamp powered by a dual-rail power supply providing huge headroom and tuned for absolute transparency. The Discrete Opamp gently ‘lifts’ the tonal quality without un-wanted color, unlocking every nuance of your guitars tone with a musical, 3-D depth. The Buffer mode has an input gain control that allows the user to boost the signals core gain slightly with absolute sonic fidelity.
The Boost mode, activated via the footswitch activates the “Boost” gain knob and unlocks loads of clean gain! The LIFT boost has 24dB of clean gain on tap at standard 9V operation and if you need more, there is an internal toggle switch that boosts the max gain to a whopping 32 dB of CLEAN gain, recommended when using an 18V power adaptor. Whether you just need a small jump to bring your lead out front or if you need to push your amp over the top into sweet high gain tones, the LIFT can handle it with ease.
Although the LIFT features one of the cleanest, most musical Buffer and Boost circuits on the planet, the LIFT’s features don’t stop there. We equipped the LIFT with a studio-grade EQ, featuring recording console styled High Cut and Low Cut Filters. Both filters start at the extreme edge of the audible range and gently sweep towards the mid-range with a roll off rate of 6 dB per octave. The Filters are very transparent and allow the user to shape the signal while leaving your guitars fundamental tone completely intact. Furthermore, the mini toggles on the LIFT provide a unique function. The mini toggles are used to assign each filter, which can each be independently active only in Boost mode or always active! Assignable filters allow for a large variety of creative applications not possible with your average boost pedal. Treble boost, mid boost and bass boost are all possible in various shades, as well as being able to use the pedal as a simple EQ without extra gain.
The LIFT is a culmination of almost 3 years of R&D in the application of Discrete Opamp application! The LIFT is now the first pedal to offer pure Discrete Opamp based tone on 9V-18V standard pedal power and have assignable EQ. We are excited to release a serious Tool for Tone that we know surpasses anything available on the market today!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).