In the studio, Lowell George achieved his peerless slide guitar tone by playing through a pair of 1176 compressors chained together. The original SlideRIG pedal gave guitarists a much more affordable way of replicating this tone, in a portable format you can take to the Already legendary amongst slide players, the SlideRIG delivers clean “infinite sustain” in true Little Feat fashion. In the studio, Lowell George achieved his peerless slide guitar tone by playing through a pair of 1176 compressors chained together. The original SlideRIG pedal gave guitarists a much more affordable way of replicating this tone, in a portable format you can take to the gig.
This Is No One-Trick Pony – You’ll Be Using It On Everything!
With the SlideRIG Compact, we’ve takes things a step further, creating a pedal that offers the same cascaded 1176-style compression and extended, tonally transparent sustain, but with a drastically reduced footprint and simplified, user-friendly controls that make dialing in the desired tone a breeze.
More flexible than ever, the SlideRIG Compact gives you access to conventional single-stage compression, as well as the SlideRIG’s trademark dual-stage compression. And the choice is not simply either/or – you can now blend the two!
The single Blend knob determines the balance of signals passed to the output from the single- and dual-stage compression circuits. Meanwhile, a revised gain structure, in conjunction with a high-current, low noise preamp, allows for greater control over compression levels using the Input knob.
Smaller Size With No Compromise!
The original SlideRIG is a compressor like no other, and not just because of its unique dual-chained design. Featuring discrete Class-A circuitry that’s true to the topology and design philosophy of the original 1176, the SlideRIG achieves the seemingly impossible by delivering not only more squash and sustain than any other compressor pedal but lower noise and greater tonal transparency too.
With the SlideRIG Compact, we set out to provide the same performance and unique features as the original in a pedal that was simpler to use and a third of the size. However, just because the SlideRIG Compact will fit on even the most congested of pedalboards, that doesn’t mean this is just a run-of-the-mill stompbox.
Like all of our Compact Series pedals, the SlideRig Compact features high-current, discrete, Class-A circuitry for transparent, low-noise performance. We’ve taken a no-compromise approach to the circuit design using only the best of modern components.
Rugged MELF resistors offer low noise performance and rock-solid reliability. Film and tantalum capacitors offer tight tolerances and superb linearity. Carefully chosen transistors biased at relatively high currents yield a distinct signal-to-noise advantage.
Please note: the SlideRIG Compact is powered by a mains adaptor only. We’ve dispensed with the usual 9V battery option, both to save space and to allow us to adopt a high-current approach, yielding lower noise levels and superior tone.
• 100% Class-A discrete signal path
• Classic, ultra fast “FET” response
• Studio-grade discrete-transistor preamp
• Dedicated Attack, Release and Ratio controls
• Dry Blend control for parallel compression
• Rugged jewel-lamp gain reduction metering
• Optimised for guitar but can process any source
• High-current, low-noise electronics
• Ultra-wide frequency response
• Ultra-high input impedance
• Silent switching
• High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
• Premium components throughout
• Advanced power supply filtering and protection
• Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
• PSU Spec. 77mA @ 9V / 104mA @ 18V
• Designed and built in England
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).