- Weight: 1250 g
- Dimensions: 165 x 117 x 59 mm
- Option Panel: Revival DRIVE CUSTOM
- Dual Class-A preamp stages
- Phase inverter and push-pull power amp stages
- Built-in reactive speaker load
- Solid-state and valve-styled rectifier channels
- Preamp and bright cap voicing switches
- Dry/O.D. blend control
- Fully variable mid boost
- Powerful re-amp EQ
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- PSU Spec. 120mA @ 9V, centre-negative (PSU not included)
- Optional footswitch allows remote mid boost engage and dry blend override
- Designed and built in England
Housing an unabridged valve amp-style signal path recreated in analogue electronics, the RevivalDRIVE accurately delivers a wide range of British and American amp tones, from clean to fully cranked.
With valve and silicon rectifier channels, a built-in mid boost and unique controls that will tailor its output to the amp you’re using, this may be the last overdrive pedal you will ever need.
When it comes to overdrive, nothing comes close to the sound of a vintage non-master-volume valve amp. So when we set out to design the RevivalDRIVE, we began by looking not at other pedals but at amps.
We listened to and analysed countless classic amps to figure what made them sound so good. Then we figured out how to reproduce not just one but all of those sounds in a pedal, with controls that would allow the player to precisely dial in each one – or to mix and match different elements to create something new.
Real Amp Tones From Real Amp Circuit Behaviour
With the Cali76 compressor, we took the sound and response of the legendary Urei 1176 studio compressor and reproduced it in a pedal, following the same analogue circuit topology but adapting the components to work in pedal format. We’ve applied exactly the same approach to the RevivalDRIVE.
Using all-analogue components and replacing the valves with discrete transistor-based circuitry, we’re recreated every stage of the signal path you’d find inside a vintage valve amp. This includes not only the preamp, phase inverter, power amp and rectifier stages, but also a synthesised mains power signal and a speaker-emulating reactive load.
Design Your Dream Overdriven Amp Tone
Accurately emulating valve amp circuit behaviour is just the start. The RevivalDRIVE’s intuitive controls let you play around with different elements of this circuit, effectively redesigning the amp as you go.
Change the preamp voicing and “bright capacitor” values to explore a range of British and American amp flavours. Rein in the low end for a lean and defined overdrive or push the bass into brutal distortion. Fine-tune the overdrive’s response to your picking dynamics. Goose up your tone with a mid boost, adjusted to just the right frequency, or blend your dry and overdriven signals together.
One pedal, many amps, your tone
True Amp-Like Playing Feel
Thanks to its unique design, the RevivalDRIVE is able to recreate aspects of real valve amp behaviour never previously captured in a pedal.
Valve and silicon rectifier channels let you experiment with different flavours of power amp sag, while the variable Ghost control recreates the “double tone” or “ghost note” effect encountered when cranking certain vintage amps, subtly thickening up solos.
Dual Class-A preamp stages offer realistic gain-staging and natural-sounding clipping, while the phase inverter and push-pull power amp stages provide a realistic tonal response, symmetrical harmonics, subtle crossover distortion and touch-sensitive drive characteristics.
Using a built-in reactive load, the pedal also models the interaction between a real valve output stage and a speaker cabinet, delivering amp-like feel and realistic harmonics.
The Ultimate Fly-Rig Overdrive
We’ve built a range of EQ compensation features into the RevivalDRIVE to make sure it will sound great with whatever amp you’re using – even a flat-response power amp.
With most overdrives, the designers have voiced the pedal to work with their own favourite amp. If you happen to use something different, then you’re out of luck. You’re left with a sound that’s either too harsh or too muddy. Worse still, you can end up sacrificing the clean amp settings you want to use in order to accommodate the overdrive pedal.
With the RevivalDRIVE, there are no compromises.
*The optional front-panel filter controls take fine-tuning the pedal to the next level, with variable shelf and cut frequency controls and a fully adjustable secondary boost/cut EQ.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).