The original “pimped” Cali76. Transformer circuitry offers harmonic rich tone, plus extra connectivity options. For guitar, bass, and vocals via your DAW!
The 1176 is a much loved, premium quality studio compressor and in many ways is the “industry standard” vintage studio compressor. The primary motivation for developing the Cali76, was to bring the sonic properties of this revered studio-classic into the scope of the average guitar-geek. After all, why should high quality compression be confined to the recording studio?
Secondly, existing guitar compressors are generally mediocre performers, and renowned “Tone Killers”, adding hiss, whilst simultaneously robbing your signal of its soul!
High-Current Saturated-Iron Tones… with Professional Connectivity!
The topology of the design was kept true to the original, whilst the actual circuitry was carefully condensed. In this way it has been possible to retain the much loved dynamic response of the original, whilst at the same time permitting a smaller, more stage friendly format!
We’ve slightly tweaked the attack and release times to be of immediate use to guitarists and bass players, as well as in pro-audio applications. Plug it into your recording rig to process vocals, piano, acoustic guitars and drums, with a vintage, analogue warmth!
Attack times are: 0.020mS to 1.7mS (for 100% of recovery). Double the range when compared to the 1176 (stock 1176: 0.02mS – 0.8mS). This further defines percussive transients.
Release times are: 32mS to 267mS (for 63% of recovery). We’ve tailored the release times to best suite guitar/bass (this makes it easier to dial-in a useful setting), but can also offer people a wider-range of times (stock 1176: 50mS – 1100mS).
The Cali76 offers studio compression in a pedal, or desk-top format… Compared to existing guitar compressors the Cali76 represents a high-fidelity, low noise solution with no signal degradation.
The Cali76-TX transformer board works to provide the user with additional tone-options and connectivity.
This brings things even closer to the original studio-classic by incorporating a custom iron-core output transformer (other transformer options available) driven by a high-current Class-A transistor stage.
“High” and “Low Gain” modes of operation allow the transformer to be pushed into saturation for subtle harmonic generation all the way to all-out grunge!
A ground-lift switch quickly fixes any rogue “hums” caused by annoying ground-loop interactions.
The Lundahl is linear through and through, contributing no core saturation – a benefit to those looking for a more transparent low-end when used as an insert in the studio or on bass guitar.
The Cali76-TX features dedicated “Amplifier” and “Line/DI” outputs. The “Line/DI” is fully balanced and electronically isolated. The outputs are capable of driving the longest of cable runs and will integrate with any professional studio set-up, vintage or modern!
By swapping internal jumpers, the pedal can be operated in either “True-Bypass” or “Buffered Bypass” modes when powered at 9V. When actively engaged, through the use of an 18V supply (PSU not included), the transformer-board effectively buffers the signal at all times, even when the unit is bypassed.
Weight & Dimensions
- Weight: 1150 g
- Dimensions: 161 x 205 x 71 mm
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Ultra fast “FET” response
- Attack & Release controls
- Studio-grade “discrete” preamplifier
- Rugged VU-style meter
- Low noise electronics
- Class-A discrete output-amplifier driving transformer
- Dual, low-impedance outputs (via audio transformer)
- Unbalanced instrument-level output
- Balanced Line-DI output*
- Ground-lift function to eliminate ground induced hum
- Gain-switch adjusts transformer saturation
- Auto-Shutdown – preserves battery operation
- PSU Spec. Min: 13mA @ 9V / 72mA @ 18V (PSU not included)
- Suggested PSU Rating: 200mA for optimum start-up
- Designed and built in England
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).