Input impedance: 94K
Output impedance: 5K
Drive voltage: 6V～18V
Current consumption: 4mA @ 9V
S/N ratio: -70dBm/
Size:39Wx100Dx31H mm (excluding
47Wx100Dx46H mm (including
Weight: Approx. 160 grams (200 grams with batteries included)
* Batteries are not included.
Distortion effect, as the name suggests, means the effect of distortion itself. Among these distortion-type effects, it’s not yet a prominent effect.
Why is the distortion effect so underrated?
Distortion that’s flat with disproportionately high gain doesn’t bring out the sound in the front well and isn’t suitable for delicate and subtle expressions. It can never match the sound from a large output amplifier.
That’s what you might think when you hear the word, “distortion.” If that’s the case, let’s blow that image away.
The One Control Anodized Brown Distortion will break through the conventional image associated with distortion pedals and embody a new definition.
The development of the Anodized Brown Distortion began in an attempt to create a tune that is audible and has a great sound source. The distortion that guitarists all over the world have longed for is not something you can just create by simply imitating the tune created by driving an amp.
No matter what type of amp or guitar you use, what matters most in making the best distortion is always a distortion pedal and this pedal needs to express all the subtle movements of the player’s fingers.
The distortion pedal also needs sufficient gain, as well as compression and long sustaining to help a player express their sound freely. Incorporating that, Anodized Brown Distortion is a pedal designed for players of all genres who need distortion.
Developing 100W vacuum tube amp stacks might be easy, but attaining the same level of effects with an extremely compact effector isn’t at all easy, and therefore more meaningful. Further, housing the battery in such a small case makes this a truly revolutionary effector.
Large output tune amps feature response, operability and a sense of compartmentalization. They also feature sharp yet stable attack, flexibility that covers from lead to backing, and a high dynamic range to avoid unnatural distortion.
BJF, who has been engaged in designing a number of world-class effectors and amps over the last few decades attempted to create one that realizes these same features.
Anodized Brown Distortion attained a wide and high gain range of +26dB to +60dB and at the same time realizes a high dynamic range that is rare among distortion pedals. The dynamic range at the low gain setting, in particular, is just as good as tube amps.
Even with a high gain setting, manual control while picking attack and guitar volume allows for an immediate response to clean compressed arpeggio.
A humbucking pickup allows a perfectly balanced great distortion sound that enhances the sufficient level of low-mid distortion specific to a single coil. You can easily control the distortion with active pickup as well.
Anodized Brown Distortion realizes the best distortion in combination with various amps.
It works exceptionally well with British Stack but when combined with an American classical amp or clean transistor amp it generates solid, three-dimensional distortion as if each sound particle were vibrating.
A tight, fat low end, the presence of natural saturation free from any artificial treble buzz, a lowered guitar volume diluting high frequency saturation, a sufficiently solid but organic sound, and long-lasting sustaining that fades out in a natural way…
One compact distortion effector cannot possibly have all these seemingly impossible features. And yet, the Anodized Brown Distortion does it all. It‘s the pedal that made the impossible a reality.
This is a completely new distortion pedal defined by a new era.
・Distortion pedal that was completely newly-designed by BJF
・Distortion that responds to any genre that requires distortion
・Great ease of use with guitar, bass, amplifier and effector
・Distortion is easy to handle with high response and a high dynamic range
・High quality compact cut-out aluminum case
・Built-in battery possible
・Drives at 6 to 18V
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).