Product Hardware Specifications
- 24 rotary pots with 300 degree motion
- 24 multi-colour indicator LEDs - one for each pot
- Eight 60mm Faders
- 16 assignable multi-colour backlit buttons
- Additional 8 assignable backlit buttons
- 2 backlit template select buttons
- USB socket
- Kensington Security Slot
Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
If you already have Ableton Live it must be version 9 or greater to work with Launch Control. We recommend that you update to the latest version as previous versions of Ableton Live do not include the Launch Control integration. Launch Control will also work as a standard MIDI controller.
Stand-alone template editor for control assignment
HUI compatibility for mixer control in DAWs including Cubase, Logic Pro and Pro Tools
HUI is not supported in Pro Tools First. Note: Due to the implementation of HUI in Pro Tools the LC XL pan controls will not always line up with their centre positions
- USB bus powered, including iPad®
- 240mm width x 240mm depth x 39mm height
Novation Launch Control XL MK2 Controller for Ableton Live
Launch Control XL is the ultimate controller for Ableton Live.
It helps you focus more on your music and less on your laptop, by providing 16 buttons, 24 knobs and eight faders, all of which integrate seamlessly with Live to give you total hands-on control.
When combined with Launchpad’s intuitive 64-button grid, Launch Control XL provides extraordinary simultaneous control over Ableton Live’s session view, mixer, effects and instruments.
Crafting the perfect mix has never been easier!
Focus on Your Music Production
Spend less time peering at your screen by using hands-on controls that integrate seamlessly with Ableton Live. The 24 knobs are arranged in three rows, which align perfectly with Ableton Live’s mixer. They also have multicoloured LEDs that illuminate to distinguish between sends, EQs or any other device. Eight rugged 60mm faders offer high-precision control over your levels, while 16 multi-colour pads offer immediate track focus and mixer control.
Create Your Own Control Layouts
Assign your buttons, knobs and faders to any parameters within Ableton to make your own layouts. You can even customise knobs with your own colours, and effortlessly switch between your own mappings and Live's built-in functionality. Crafting the perfect mix has never been easier.
It's important to point out that although the XL can be mapped to any DAW and even connects to you iPad, it really shines when it is being used to control Live with its sibling, the Launchpad beside it.
The Launch Control XL is a very well though-out controller that packs a lot into its relatively tiny surface area. Being a class-compliant device, installation couldn't be easier.
For Ableton users, it addresses the lack of a serious Arrangement View mixer in Live's interface. Used with the Launchpad, the XL is a total no-brainer.
This is a rock-solid addition to any Ableton-based studio setup The hardware feels extremely solid, and when combined with the Launchpad, the Launch Control XL gives you an impressive amount of hands-on control for an affordable price.
Enhance Your Live Performance
Experience an unprecedented level of freedom when playing live, by combining with a Launchpad to control Ableton’s session view. Trigger clips, play drum racks, and control your mixer, effects and instruments all at the same time. You can even combine multiple units for some serious modular mayhem
Easily Carry It Around
Tough, slim and designed for gigging, you can slip Launch Control XL into your backpack and put it through the most demanding live situations. It’s also fully USB bus powered, so you can plug in and play without even needing a power supply.
Connect to Just About Anything
Simply plug into Mac, Windows or iOS and start performing. You can even control all MIDI-compatible iOS music software; all you need is a Camera Connection Kit.
Control Just About Anything
Launch Control XL is HUI enabled. Simply plug into Logic, Cubase or ProTools and start controlling. You can even control hardware directly, as Launch Control XL works standalone; all you need is a MIDI USB host, a little box that converts USB MIDI to plain, ordinary, house or garden MIDI
Control Ableton Live
Total integration with Ableton Live's mixer and devices.
Get Hands-On with You Mixer
24 high-quality knobs with multi-colour indicators.
Combine with Launchpad
Combines with Launchpad to create the ultimate performance combo.
Eight Rugged Faders
Eight 60mm faders for precision level adjustment.
Create Your Own Layouts
Fully customisable with the included software editor.
Plug Straight In
Bus powered and no drivers needed.
16 Multi-colour Buttons
16 multi-colour buttons for immediate Track Focus and key mixer controls.
Get Started Immediately
Make music out of the box with included Ableton Live Lite software and Loopmasters sample collection.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).