- Master Level Control
- Wooden Pitch Stick
- Modulation Wheel
- 400 Programs - 8 Banks with 10 Pages each. Each Page has 5 Program locations
- Song Mode - 8 Banks with 50 Songs, 5 Programs per Song
- 5 Live Buffers
- 2 Individual Slot Setups
- 3 Morph sources (Modulation Wheel, Control Pedal, Aftertouch)
- Global Mono output
- Programmable Transpose +/- 6 semitones
- Master Clock functionality with manual, external and tap-tempo rate control
- Internal and MIDI clock source
- MIDI over USB functionality
- Level control
- Up to 3 Split Points (4 Keyboard Zones) with visual LED indication between zones
- 3 Split Point width (crossfade) options: Lrg, Sml or Off
- Keyboard Zones editor mode
- Nord C2D B3 Tone wheel Organ simulation
- Vox Continental and Farfisa models
- 2 Digital Principal Pipe Organ models
- 9 digitally controlled Drawbars
- Physical Drawbars (Compact model only)
- Drawbar Live mode (Compact model only)
- Percussion controls
- Vibrato / Chorus control
- Two Drawbar Presets per Slot
- 2-Part Multitimbral (2 manuals)
- 2 GB memory for Piano sounds
- All sounds can be replaced using Nord Sound Manager (Mac/Win)
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Categories: Grand, Upright, Electric, Digital, Layer and Clav/Harpsichord
- 4 Selectable Velocity Curves
- Dedicated Piano filters
- Clavinet EQ controls
- String Resonance (Generation 2) on acoustic Grand Pianos and Uprights
- Selectable Soft Piano Release
- Pedal Noise when used with Nord Triple Pedal (optional accessory) on selected acoustic and electric pianos
- Layer (Slot) Detune functionality
- 2-Part Multitimbral
- Nord Lead A1 Synth Engine with Sample Playback
- Dedicated OLED Display for Oscillator section
- 480 MB Memory for Nord Sample Library
- All samples can be replaced using Nord Sound Manager (Mac/Win)
- 34 Voice polyphony
- Oscillator Types: Classic, Wavetable (Wave), Formant, Super Wave (S-Wave) and Sample
- Oscillator Configurations: Pitch, Detune, Shape, Sync, Sine, Triangle, Square, Saw, Bell and Noise Mix, FM and Ring Mod
- Classic Transistor Ladder Filter (LP M), 12 & 24 dB Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass and combined Low Pass/Band Pass (LP+BP) filter
- Filter Drive: Off, 1, 2 and 3
- Filter Tracking: Off, 1/3, 2/3 and Full
- 3 Unison modes
- Amplitude envelope (Attack, Decay, Sustain) with Velocity control
- Modulation envelope (Attack, Decay, Sustain) with Velocity control
- LFO with 5 waveforms/modes: Square, Triangle, Ramp Dn, Ramp Up and Sample & Hold
- 400 (8x50) Synth Preset locations with Synth Preset categories
- Arpeggiator (Up, Down, Up-Down and Random). Range: 1, 2, 3 or 4 octaves.
- LFO and Arpeggiator synchronizable to Master Clock
- 2-Part Multitimbral
- Effect 1: Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Wah-Wah, AutoWah 1, Autowah 2
- Effect 2: Flanger, Vibe, 2 Phasers, 2 Choruses
- Delay with Tempo, Feedback and Mix (Dry/Wet) controls, Ping Pong (stereo taps), Tap-Tempo, Feedback Filter (HP/LP/BP) and panel selectable Analog mode.
- 3 types of Speaker simulations, JC, Twin and Small
- Filter Mode (HP24/LP24) with Cut-off and Resonance controls
- Tube amp simulation with adjustable overdrive
- 3-band Equalizer with sweepable mid. EQ ranges: 100 Hz, 200 Hz - 8 kHz and 4 kHz
- Rotary Speaker: selectable speed (Stop, Slow and Fast) and separate overdrive
- Extended Morphable Parameters - (Filter Resonance, Reverb Dry/Wet, Delay Feedback, Amp Drive)
- Effect rates/tempo can be synchronized to the Master Clock
- Compressor with Fast Mode
- Reverb - 6 algorithms, each with Bright Mode
- Nord Stage 3 88: 88-key Velocity sensitive Hammer Action keyboard. Range: A-C,
- 4 Assignable Audio Outputs - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- Stereo Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- Sustain input compatible with Nord Triple Pedal (sold separately)
- Rotor Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal
- Organ Swell Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- Control Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- Program Change Pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary two-button pedal like e.g. Boss FS-6, Boss FS-7 etc.
- MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connectors
- MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector for USB MIDI, Software Update and Sound Transfer
- Power Cord with IEC C14 connector
The Nord Stage 3 is the fifth generation of our successful Stage series continuing our vision of the ultimate instrument for the performing musician.
Our outstanding new flagship instrument features our latest award-winning technologies including the Nord Lead A1 Synth Engine with sample playback, our acclaimed Nord C2D organ, a greatly enhanced Piano Section and extensive hands-on Effects - all in one exceptional performance keyboard.
- OLED-displays for Program and Synth section
- Seamless transitions when changing programs
- Extended Split functionality with optional Crossfade
- Song List Mode
- Extended Morph Destinations
- Doubled memory (2GB) for the Nord Piano Library
- Greatly expanded polyphony (120 voices)
- Creative Filter presets
- Layer category
- Nord Lead A1 Synth Engine with Sample playback
- Dedicated OLED display for Oscillator functions
- Expanded Memory (480 MB) for the Nord Sample Library
- Extended Polyphony
- Super Wave category (S-wave)
- Nord C2D Organ Engine
- 2 new Principal Pipe Organ models
- Model 122 Vintage Rotary Speaker - available per Slot
- Physical Drawbars for Nord Stage 3 Compact
- Improved Delay with added Feedback filters and Analog Mode
- Filter Mode with Resonance
- Separate Compressor per Slot with Amount and Fast mode
- Separate Reverb per Slot with Bright mode
Two super-clear OLED displays for on-stage clarity, Seamless Transitions when changing programs/sounds, extended Split functionality with optional crossfade, and the addition of the new Song List Mode makes the Nord Stage 3 more intuitive and flexible than ever before for the live performer.
Massive sonic flexibility
The Nord Stage 3 has three sound generating sections; Piano, Organ and Synthesizer, all of which can be used simultaneously. Furthermore, the Nord Stage 3 has 2 separate slots allowing you to have 2 Pianos, 2 Organs and 2 Synths plus Effects at the same time for massive sonic flexibility.
The Nord Stage 3 features automatically seamless transitions when changing sounds or programs while playing.
A new Song Mode let's you easily organize a group of Programs for each specific song in the list. Each song can consist of up to 5 different Programs, freely assignable from your existing Programs. You can create unique Song Lists for different bands or situations and the names and order can be easily customized on the fly without connecting it to a computer. The super clear new OLED display offers excellent overview when selecting sounds and editing programs.
Advanced Split functionality with optional crossfade
The Nord Stage 3 also features 3 Split Points and a new Split Point Crossfade functionality. Choose among 3 different crossfade widths (Small, Large or Off) indicated by different LED colors.
A new Split Point Editor Mode lets you easily organize and set up Split Points using the OLED display giving you a great overview of the assigned sound sources for each Split zone.
Support for Program change via pedal
The Nord Stage 3 also supports Program change via pedal allowing for flexible program changes (up/down) while keeping your hands on the keyboard.
The greatly enhanced Piano section features doubled memory (2 GB) for the exclusive Nord Piano Library, 120 voice polyphony and creative new Piano Filters.
The Nord Piano Experience
The Nord Stage 3 features a wide selection of Grands, Uprights, Electric Pianos, Digital Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichord from our exclusive Nord Piano Library - all handpicked for their unique characters! The Nord Stage 3 Piano section also features a brand new “Layer” category with rich dynamic layered patches.
Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments. Our unique ‘Advanced String Resonance’ and Dynamic Pedal Noise features deliver breathtaking realism and an unsurpassed level of expressiveness.
The Nord Stage 3 Factory Bank features a very extensive selection of the Nord Piano Library but you can easily add or replace any of these sounds using the Nord Sound Manager. Our exclusive Nord Piano Library is constantly updated with new exclusive world class sounds, and always free of charge.
A Long Release-mode adds a slightly longer release, more suitable for legato playing, emulating a looser damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument.
Nord Triple Pedal
The Nord Triple Pedal (optional accessory) features our unique dynamic sustain pedal that enables the use of half-pedaling and "release and catch" techniques and also Sustenuto and Soft Pedals. The Nord Triple Pedal also recreates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism, producing the characteristic thomp and sizzle sounds. The Pedal Noise feature responds dynamically to the force/momentum used when pressing or releasing the sustain pedal on the Nord Triple Pedal.
The Nord Stage 3 features our latest award-winning C2D Organ simulations of B3 Tonewheel and Vintage Transistor Organs plus two brand new Principal Pipe Organs. Two different Organ models can be used simultaneously and the updated vintage 122 Rotary Speaker simulation is also available for each slot independently.
B3 Tone-Wheel simulation
The Nord Stage 3 Organ section features our award winning Nord C2D organ including the extremely authentic B3 Tone-Wheel simulation with four different tone wheel settings, ranging from factory new clean to leaky old vintage.
Vintage Rotary Speaker
The Nord Stage 3 features the latest generation of our vintage 122 Rotary Speaker simulation adding an essential character to a live organ performance and features Slow, Fast and Stop mode as well as a Drive control. The 122 Rotary Speaker simulation is available on each slot and can also be used with the Piano or Synth section
Classic Transistor Organs
The Organ section also features impeccable simulations of the classic 1960’s Transistor Organs, Vox Continental and Farfisa Compact with all the classic settings.
Principal Pipe Organs
The Organ section also contains two different new Principal Pipe Organ models. These models faithfully emulate two variations of a Principal pipe section - the sets of metal pipes that commonly make up the backbone of a pipe or church organ.
Physical Drawbars for Stage 3 Compact
The Nord Stage 3 Compact now features Physical Drawbars offering ultimate hands-on experience for the dedicated organ players. This model also supports the Nord Half-moon Switch.
The Nord Stage 3 88 and HP76 features Digital LED Drawbars, offering excellent overview over current settings.
The Nord Stage 3 Synth section features the acclaimed Nord Lead A1 Synth Engine combined with Sample Playback and a brilliant OLED display for all Oscillator functions.
Powerful Smart Oscillator
The Lead A1 Synth Engine is renowned for its analog-modelling warmth, and utilises brilliant Smart Oscillator Configurations to deliver stunning results with little programming. There are both Single oscillator setups including Pitch and Shape modes, and Dual oscillator setups including Detune, Sync, Waveform, Bell and Noise Mix modes, FM and Ring Mod. The Synth section also provides 3 Unison modes, without reducing voice polyphony.
The Nord Stage 3's new Oscillator section features 5 oscillator categories: Classic, Wave, Formant, Sample and brand new Super Wave (S-wave).
The Oscillator Configuration concept allows for extremely quick and flexible programming, suitable for both advanced synth nerds and and less experienced sound creators.
Start with a single Oscillator waveform, select an Oscillator Configuration, and use the secondary Oscillator Control to adjust the amount of desired parameter (pitch/shape/FM-modulation etc).
These are the Oscillator Configurations available when using Classic, Wave or Formant oscillator types:
Allows for adjusting the pitch of the main oscillator.
Adds a second oscillator which can be pitched separately from the main oscillator.
Allows for shaping Classic waveforms using a traditional waveshaping method. Waveforms from the Wave and Formant categories are shaped using a spectral shaping process.
Emulates Hard sync by adding an additional oscillator that is the sync reference.
Waveform Mix (Dual Oscillator)
Adds a second oscillator, providing a Sine, Triangle, Square or Saw wave. The pitch of the second oscillator can be adjusted separately.
Adds a dedicated "Bell" oscillator, which uses a special FM algorithm to create a good foundation for bell type sounds.
Adds a White Noise element which can be mixed with the main oscillator.
Noise Mix 2
Adds a filtered and slightly resonant Noise element to the main oscillator.
Freq Mod 2 (FM)
The main oscillator is frequency modulated by a second sine wave oscillator with several pitch offsets for the second oscillator (-12 to +48 semitones).
Freq Mod 3 (FM)
The main oscillator is modulated by a combination of two additional oscillators with several pitch offsets to choose from (-12 to +48 semitones).
In this mode the main oscillator waveform is multiplied with a sine wave of selectable relative pitch, for classic Ring Modulation sounds.
The Nord Stage 3 Synth section has powerful sample playback capabilities and comes with an outstanding selection of samples from our Nord Sample Library. All samples can be tweaked creatively inside the Lead A1 Synth Engine and it is even possible to create and transfer your own samples using the Nord Sample Editor.
The Synth section features 6 Filter types: Classic Transistor Ladder Filter (LP M), Low Pass 12 and 24, Band Pass, High Pass and a powerful new combined Low Pass and Band Pass (LP+BP) Filter. The Filter section also includes a dedicated Filter Drive with 3 amount settings, as well as selectable keyboard tracking amount (1/3, 2/3 and full).
Syncronizable LFO and Arpeggiator
The Synth section features an Arpeggiator and LFO that can be easily synced to the Stage 3 Master Clock for perfect timing with other elements of the Stage 3, including its effects.
The Nord Stage 3 Effect section features a brand new Filter Effect, extended morphable parameters, an enhanced Delay effect and a separate Reverb and Compressor for each slot.
The powerful Effect section features a wide range of instantly tweakable high quality effects all modeled after classic stomp boxes, all available for each slot.
Here you can choose from Tremolo, two Wahs, an Auto-Wah, and an AutoPan. Use the AutoWah with a Clavinet for raw funk licks, create a psychedelic vibe with an Electric Piano on AutoPan, or give a Wurlitzer some body using the Tremolo. There is also a Ring Modulator on board, an effect used by many experimental and electronic musicians.
The two Phasers, two Choruses, the Flanger and a Vibe effect are modeled from the classic analog stomp boxes that define the sound of popular music. These swirling Phasers, metallic Flangers, and thick Choruses that are used by uncompromising professionals everywhere are crystal clear and faithfully simulated on the Nord Stage 3.
Features authentic JC, Twin and Small speaker simulations with adjustable Drive, plus a separate Tube Drive simulation. This section also features a 3-band Equalizer with sweepable mid. A powerful addition is the new Filter (LP24/HP24), with Cut-off and Resonance controls that apply to the entire selected sound source (Organ, Piano or Synth).
The enhanced Delay effect features morphable controls for Tempo, Feedback and Mix (Dry/Wet), as well as controls for Ping-Pong mode and Tap Tempo. New additions include 3 feedback filters (HP/LP/BP) and a dedicated control for enabling the Analog mode.
The Compressor helps you keep the overall mix tight and under control, and now also features a new Fast mode and is separate for each Slot.
The Nord Stage 3 features six different Reverb types (Hall 1+2, Stage 1+2, and Room 1+2) for adding some ambience to your sounds, and the amount is now morphable. The Reverb effect is now separate per Slot and also features a new Bright mode.
The Master Clock function makes it easy to sync effects to other elements, like the arpeggiator, LFO or even one of the other effects. You can easily lock the effect rate to a range of note values – make the delay do quarter note triplets of what arpeggiator is playing, while the LFO gently sweeps the filter up and down in half notes, all perfectly interlocked. The Master Clock can also be controlled by an external MIDI clock – perfect for syncing your parts to a backing track, including tempo changes!
The Nord Stage 3 wouldn’t be a master keyboard if it couldn’t control external devices with ease. The Extern section is designed solely for this purpose, so that any MIDI-connected gear gets seamlessly integrated with the Nord Stage 3’s built-in instruments. Zones, splits and layers are handled exactly as if the external equipment was a part of the Stage 3 itself. All settings are saved together with a Program so advanced setups can be immediately recalled in real-time during a performance. You can even use the Extern Section to automatically transmit Bank Select and Program Change messages to your external units.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.