- Master Level Control
- 2 Drawbar sets per manual
- Pedal drawbars
- 126 Program Locations
- Live Buffer
- Classic Tonewheel Organ, Vox Continental- and Farfisa-models with full polyphony
- Pipe Organ, baroque style with 21 stops. Polyphony depends on the stops being used
- Bass models (tonewheel, synthbass and pipe organ bass)
- 6 Drawbar Presets per Program Location
- Percussion Controls
- Vibrato/Chorus/Tremulant Control
- 3-band Equalizer
- 3 types of Speaker Simulations - including two Rotary Speaker models (122, 122 Close and 145) with selectable speed (slow - stop - fast)
- Delay - with feedback and tap-tempo function
- Reverb - 6 algorithms
- 2 x 61 Medium Weighted Waterfall Keys
- Stereo Headphone Output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 2 Line Level Audio Outputs, L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- High Level Outputs:
- - 11-pin Leslie* standard connector
- - ¼", 6,35 mm jack
- Monitor Input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal Input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- Rotor Control Input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal or the Half Moon switch (accessory, not included)
- Swell Pedal Input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connector
- MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connector
- Bass Pedal MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connector
- USB - type B connector
- IEC C14 power connector
- Owner's Manual
- Power cord
- 966 mm (38.0"), 163 mm (6.4"), 445 mm (17.5")
- 16 kg (35 lbs.)
With 2 sets of physical drawbars per manual, extremely realistic simulations of a B3 tone wheel organ, Vox and Farfisa transistor organs and a beautiful sampled baroque pipe organ the new Nord C2D is the ultimate portable organ solution.
TONE WHEEL ORGAN
The B3 model Nord C2D is the result of over a decade of perfecting our tone wheel simulations, a journey that started with the original Nord Electro and followed by the award winning Nord C1 and Nord C2 Combo Organs. Not only have we analyzed the signals from each of the 91 spinning tone wheels inside several original instruments - we have also paid years of attention to each and every one of the intricate details that make up the characteristics of the actual sound in a vintage organ.
Our simulation not only reacts to the panel settings but even adapts to the real time performance and will faithfully reproduce the important foldback and energy robbing characteristics; the latter produces the gentle compression effect that makes those lovely smears absolutely wonderful. There are 4 tone wheel modes available, ranging from the default vintage battered workhorse with plenty of leakage to a clean factory spec'd instrument.
Click, Percussion and Vibrato
The Nord C2D features a greatly improved simulation of the characteristic mechanical key clicks that are an crucial component of the classic tone wheel experience and the amount can be adjusted to your taste.
The vibrato and chorus with the rotating scanner and its analog circuitry are also carefully modeled to be just as alive as the tone wheels and the Nord C2D features a redesigned percussion model that offers increased control over the percussion levels when playing near-legato.
Full hands on control
Having two sets of drawbars per manual and the new left hand drawbar preset panel makes using drawbars actively while playing a joy. The new preset panels let you instantly switch between drawbar sets and features 3 user programmable drawbar preset buttons per manual.
The Nord C2D 61-key waterfall keyboard offers an ultra-fast response and has a firm mechanical action to provide you with the rock solid feel of an original vintage instrument... For increased ergonomics the panel and upper manual has been tilted slightly towards the player and the panel between the manuals have a smooth surface that's easy on the hands when doing smears.
THE PIPE ORGAN
The Nord C2D pipe organ is based on a carefully selected baroque organ with a devastatingly beautiful sound and wide range of expression. Using cutting edge sampling technique, no efforts have been spared in producing a rich and varied sound palette for the pipe organ player.
Stops and Couplers
The two pipe organ divisions (manuals) have distinct sound characters; the Great division (lower manual) has a majestic sound, whereas the Swell (upper manual) can be described to have a somewhat more mellow tonal quality. Couplers can activate combinations of different stops from both divisions, so that pressing keys on one manual also plays stops from the other manual or pedal - handled with intricate mechanical designs in real pipe organs. The Pedal division has three bass stops that can be played either from the lower manual, by attaching the Nord Pedal Keys 27 (optional accessory) or by attaching a 3rd party 30-note classic digital organ pedal.
In addition to the three unison couplers usually found in two-manual organs, the Nord C2D features three octave couplers and a special coupler that adds the Pedal to the leftmost note played on the Great manual.
Swell pedal and tremulant
A crucial ingredient for a vivid pipe organ sound is the swell pedal and the Nord C2D gives the player intimate control over volume and dynamics of the swell manual, just as in a real-life model. Another indispensable aid to make the pipe organ sound even a bit more vibrant is the tremulant, a function that basically produces small and very rapid variations in volume, thereby causing the sound to "tremulate". The Nord C2D offers two speeds, each with three variable depths.
The mesmerizing sound of an accelerating Rotary Speaker spreading the sound around the room is an essential component of the tone wheel organ experience. The Nord C2D features 2 different Rotary Speaker simulations, one based on a 145 unit (also available in the Nord C2) and a brand new simulation of a vintage 122-unit. There are three modes - Stop, Slow and Fast mode that can be controlled either with the onboard panel buttons, an optional foot pedal or the Nord Half-Moon Switch (accessory). The rotary speaker overdrive simulation has also been redesigned and adds an incredibly meaty roar to your sound. Naturally, the Nord C2D can also be connected to an external rotary speaker cabinet using the 11-pin Leslie* high voltage output or the high level ¼" jack output.
In addition to the Rotary Speaker model the Nord C2D also features great Twin and JC guitar amp models with a powerful overdrive, freely assignable to the B3, Farfisa or Vox organs. Add the 3-band equalizer, a feedback-delay with tap-tempo functionality, and several types of reverberation and you truly have an all-in-one effect section with stunning sound right out of the box.
VOX AND FARFISA
The Nord C2D also includes accurate models of the two most popular transistor organs of the 1960s, offering you that massive savage sound created by their 12-top oscillator frequency-divider designs. The C2D features the same dynamic behavior and unique response as in the original instruments.
The Farfisa* Compact Deluxe, considered by many to be the mother of transistor organs, involves routing matrixes and complex filter combinations that offer a tailored sound with massive energy and high-end. The Vox* Continental's brute design brings you a more hollow tone, but still with a very intense character.
As with the tone wheel organ, both transistor organs have their own unique, irreplaceable personalities. Combine them with any of the Nord C2D speaker simulations, add some distortion, adjust EQ and they will definitely light your fire.
PERFORMANCE AND CONNECTIVITY
With so many organ types at your disposal, it is vital to be able to route these to appropriate amplifier- and sound systems. The Nord C2D is equipped with a stereo output pair (L and R on 1/4" jacks) and a set of high level outputs (a 1/4" jack and a 11-pin Leslie* connector). This provides you with the flexibility to e.g. route the tone wheel to a rotary speaker and the pipe organ to a PA.
A swell pedal is a crucial tool for expressiveness with any organ and the Nord C2D is of course capable of using any good quality expression pedal.
Just plug your MP3 or CD player to the Nord C2D monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system.The signal is monitored through the headphone output.
A dual manual organ would not be complete without the ability to play bass notes on a pedal board. The Nord C2D includes two additional bass register drawbars with selectable timbre from vintage tone wheels, pipe organ bass stops or a synth bass, modeled after a famous vintage add-on unit. The bass section can be played with any MIDI-equipped bass pedal board connected to the dedicated Bass Pedal MIDI input, or by splitting the lower manual.
MIDI connectors allow you to use the Nord C2D to control other MIDI equipment or to use it together with a computer or sequencer, and the two manuals and the optional pedal can all be set to transmit on separate MIDI channels.
Nord Sound Manager
The included Nord Sound Manager is an easy-to-use tool that allows you to organize and back-up your programs and is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OSX.
- B3 tone wheel organ simulation
- Improved Key Click simulation
- Improved Percussion model
- Improved Bass Response
- Rotary Speaker and amp simulations
- Delay, EQ, Drive and Reverb effects
- New 122 Rotary and Overdrive simulations
- Farfisa* and Vox* transistor organ simulations
- Baroque Pipe Organ
- Dual manual, 61 key waterfall keys
- Two sets of physical drawbars per manual
- Left hand drawbar preset panel
- 11-pin Leslie* Output
- Lightweight (16kg)
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).