- Free field frequency response ±6 dB: 46 Hz … 24 kHz
- Free field frequency response ±3 dB: 52 Hz … 21 kHz
- Free field frequency linearity deviation between 100 Hz and 10 kHz: ± 1.0 dB
- Reproduction accuracy between 100 Hz and 10 kHz: 100%, 80%, 50% of loudspeakers produced: ±0.97; ±0.40; ±0.23 dB
- Self-generated noise at 10 cm (with input gain set to 100 dB SPL for 0 dBu): <20 dB(A) SPL
- Sine wave output with a THD < 0.5 % at 1 m in half space: 95 dB SPL (>120 Hz)
- Max. SPL calc. in half space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz): 111.1 dB SPL
- Max. SPL in full space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 100 Hz and 6 kHz): 105.1 dB SPL
- Bass capability: Max. SPL in half space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 50 Hz and 100 Hz): 104.8 dB SPL
- Max. short term SPL with IEC-weighted noise (IEC 60268-5) at 1 m, in typical listening conditions: 107 dB(C) SPL
- Max. short term SPL with music material at 2.3 m in typical listening conditions (pair / full range): 97 dB(C) SPL
- Max. short term SPL with music material at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (pair with subwoofer): 104 dB(C) SPL
- Max. long term SPL with pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (single / pair full range): 88 / 93 dB(C) SPL
- Max. long term SPL with pink noise at 2.3 m, in typical listening conditions (single / pair with subwoofer): 89 / 94 dB(C) SPL
- Analog input(s): XLR: analog electronically balanced
- Analog input impedance: 10k Ohms in position 94/108 dB SPL at 1 m; 20k Ohms in position 100/114 dB SPL at 1 m
- Max. input level: +24 dBu
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR): >56 dB @ 15kHz
- Input gain control (sensitivity): 0 dB ... -15 dB
- Output level control (output level in 1 m based on 0 dBu input level) : 94; 100; 108; 114 dB SPL
- Controller design: Analog; active
- Crossover frequency: 2.0 kHz
- Crossover slope: 24 dB/oct; 4th order
- Equalization: Bass: 0; -2.5; -5; -7.5 dB
- Equalization: Low-Mid: 0; -1.5; -3; -4.5 dB
- Equalization: Treble: +1; 0; -1; -2 dB
- Protection circuitry: Independent thermo limiters for woofer, tweeter. Woofer soft clip and excursion limiters. Amplifier overheat.
- Infrasonic filter: frequency; slope: 30 Hz; 6 dB/Oct.
- Display: On; Normal Operation : Neumann logo “White”
- Display: Limit / Clip / Errors / Protection /Boot Mute / Shut Down Mute : Neumann logo “Red”
- Display Brightness: White:on/dimmed/off; Red:on/dimmed
- Output power woofer amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%) 80 W
- Output power tweeter amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%): 80 W
- Output power woofer amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 0.1%): 50 W
- Output power tweeter amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 0.1%): 50 W
- Mains Power Supply: input voltage; frequency: 100-240V; 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption (230 V / 100 V): Idle: 20 W
- Power consumption (230 V / 100 V): Full output: 200 W
- In-rush current (Peak): 20 A
- Cabinet material: Aluminium
- Cabinet surface finish; color (front / back): Painted; metallic anthracite (RAL 7021)
- Operating conditions: +10° C to +40° C (+50° F to +104° F); <75% RH; non-condensing
- Transport/storage conditions: -25° C to +70° C (-13° F to 158° F); <90% RH, non-condensing
- Woofer: 130 mm (5.25") magnetically shielded with protecting black metal grille
- Tweeter: 25 mm (1") with protecting black metal grille
- Mounting points: 2 x M8 threaded inserts with 70 mm spacing on back panel; thread depth 15 mm (5/8”)
- Product dimensions (height x width x depth): 277 x 182 x 220 mm (10 7/8” x 7 1/8” x 8 5/8”)
- Internal net volume: 6.5 liters
- External net volume: 9.7 liters
- Product weight: 6.4 kg (14 lbs 2 oz)
Powerful compact bi-amplified studio monitor with superb impulse response and resolution.
Compact bi-amplified studio monitor with a high efficiency
Exceptional bass depth and transient response from 52 to 21k Hz
Precise dispersion, optimized for near-field applications
The KH 120 is Neumann's trailblazer model and development yardstick for compact studio monitors. It has been a reference class for close-range monitoring since 2011. Enormous power reserves meet high-precision sound conduction. The result: Maximum signal fidelity and distinctly contoured transients across the entire, neutrally designed frequency response. This enables you to precisely control tonal depth, spatial image and even the smallest details in the mix.
The KH 120 is a two-way bi-amplified monitor with thermally protected class-AB amplifiers (80 W each). Just like the drivers, its Mathematically Modeled Dispersion™ (MMD™) waveguide is calculated with an optimal level of precision. Sound distributed in a horizontally precise manner ensures flexibility in the listening position; the narrower vertical dispersion reduces the negative effects of nearby reflections – for example from a desk or mixing console. The finely controlled dispersion characteristics optimize reproduction in even the most varied of room configurations.
Best working environment: Close to professional ears
The KH 120 is typically used in near-field applications such as project, music, broadcast and post-production studios for recording, mixing and mastering. It it also available as a digital input “D” version.
Ports and high dynamics: No longer a contradiction
With its digital switched-mode power supply and bi-amplification, the KH 120 realizes sound pressure of up to 111.1 dB – and in doing so, retains a high-resolution and neutral representation across the entire frequency response. This provides sufficient energy for maximum dynamics without distortion and losses. As a result, the bass goes down to impressive 52 Hz. Despite using ports, there is no “overhang” in the bass response. The transient response remains well in control. The optimized design of the drivers delivers clean sound right down to the lowest parts of the 50 Hz region. This rich foundation offers enough room to work cleanly on the mix without the necessity for a supplementary subwoofer. In the demanding treble range, the specially developed, powerful alloy fabric dome ensures distortion-free reproduction.
Hundreds of good reasons from the Neumann philosophy
The KH 120 has been developed true to the Neumann philosophy for monitor loudspeakers. Every component, every shape, every signal and every wave motion is a consequence of this philosophy. No form or component is there without reason. There are hundreds of tangible reasons built into the KH 120, which all stand for exceptionally pure and neutral sound. These include, for example, curvatures of the housing that reduce edge diffraction. Also included is the pistonic output of the bass driver which does not give rise to harmonic distortions, even with the highest sound peaks. Some of these reasons are obvious in the KH 120. Others Neumann prefers to keep to itself. But together, each can be heard – sound professionals in both large and small studios all around the world can testify to this.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).