This bass is a modern take on a classic, yet revolutionary design. After Leo Fender's near-death experience which caused him to sell Fender to CBS, he went to work for Music Man and paired up with the late great, Mr. Thunder Thumbs himself, Louis Johnson. Together they came up with a bass that had a more pronounced hi-mid range and treble response. It needed to growl and cut through the mix in a way that a P-bass and a J simply could not. The result was an active bass with a ton of power under the hood. Used in everything from disco, funk, and R&B to rock, punk, metal, blues, and even country, the StingRay has some killer in-your-face tone that still manages to avoid stepping on anyone else's toes. It has a tremendous resonance, incomparably tight lows and a punchy top end that's a total knockout. The neck is very comfortable and satiny smooth with the gun oil finish, which makes for a comfortable feel and a fast ride all the way up and down. This is one of those instruments that's put together well enough to let you feel every little vibration of every note you play. The layout is easy to work with yet provides a wide variety of exceptional tones. This axe will make a killer companion on the road and in the studio.
As one of Ernie Ball's Premier Dealers, Music Store Live had access to this exclusive Starry Night bass. The configuration emphasizes all of the amazing qualities of the StingRay for an instrument that just sounds and feels unbelievable. The fretboard is made out of a jet-black ebony and has no inlays on it for a stealthy and sleek look. Don't worry, you still have white side dots (which show up clearly on the black ebony) to help guide you along and remind you of where you are on the fretboard. The ebony board provides a brighter tone than rosewood, similar to maple, but with a more balanced and present mid-range, which helps the bass stay defined and punchy in a dense mix. The stainless steel frets on the fretboard add a touch of brightness to the tone as well as lasting virtually forever. The highly figured and roasted maple neck is finished in gunstock oil and wax for a stain feel that makes you just want to keep playing this bass for days. The limited edition Starry Night sparkle burst finish will ensure that you have a bass with aesthetics shared by only a small handful of people in the entire world.
First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature on-board active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago featuring a solid roadworthy construction, massive hardened steel bridge, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbucker. All of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that are remarkably unmistakable.
Welcome to the Ernie Ball Music Man Premier Dealer Network; a select, international group of high-end retailers with the exclusive opportunity to stock special, limited-edition models that showcase the highest level of quality and workmanship inherent to all our instruments. Starry Night, the all-new Premier Dealer Network offering for 2016 features an exclusive limited edition sparkle burst finish. The package also includes a figured, roasted maple neck with stainless steel frets atop an unmarked ebony fretboard - a first from Ernie Ball Music Man.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized Ernie Ball Music Man Premier Dealer. Along with our amazing inventory, we can custom order any EBMM piece you'd like.
This Ernie Ball Music Man Premier Dealer Network Stingray 4 is brand new, in pristine mint condition, with absolutely no nicks, scratches, or blemishes of any kind and is being sold by an authorized dealer.
- Music Man StingRay 4 H Premier Dealer Network
- Starry Night Blue Sparkle Finish
- Matching Headstock
- Select Ash Body
- Figured Roasted Maple w/ Gunstock Oil and Wax Finish
- Ebony Unmarked Fretboard
- 11" Radius
- 1 5/8" Nut Width
- Music Man Alnico Humbucker Pickup
- 3 Band Active Preamp
- Volume, Low, Mid, High Controls
- Scale Length 34"
- 21 Stainless Steel Frets - High Profile, Wide
- Schaller BM Tuners with Tapered Posts
- 6 Bolt Neck Plate
- Graphite Acrylic Resin Coated Body Cavity and Chrome Plated Brass Control Cover
- Molded Plastic Music Man Hard Shell Case and Case Candy
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.