Music Store Live is extremely proud to offer up one of the first ever Music Man Exclusive Runs. In early 2019, a very small number of select dealers were invited to go up to the Music Man factory to design special instruments that would only be available in our store. Every aspect of this Luke III was carefully thought over to provide not only a different aesthetic option than Music Man's normal LIII lineup but also an enhanced tone as well.
It doesn't get much better than this, folks. We scoured through all of the spalted maple they had to find tops with killer flame figuring as well. The flamed spalted maple tops are beautifully accentuated by the custom trans gold finish that we came up with together. A roasted and heavily figured flame maple neck and fretboard continues to give the guitar the unique look we were after while also feeling absolutely amazing under your fretting hand. The roasted neck is divine and the fretwork is nothing short of spectacular on this. Stainless steel frets add to the overall brightness of the sound and will last you virtually forever. The black hardware seemed like an obvious choice to contrast this beautiful finish.
Whether you're holding the line or serenading Roseanna, this axe will be your faithful companion through thick and thin. This is a ripper from top to bottom with incredible versatility and playability! The Luke III embodies the spirit and tone of Steve Lukather's playing in a way that passionate guitar players can all understand. You can wrench everything from thick and creamy neck position tones to raunchy overdriven lead tones that cut like a knife. It even has a trick or two up its sleeve for when you need it to go full throttle crazy in the middle of a solo. The neck feel is perfectly seamless; sleek and uniquely luxurious.
The L III isn't just for the Lukather fans. This is the kind of guitar that can help unlock that next level of shredding and it's just a downright great feeling and sounding instrument. To top it all off, there will only be 5 of these, so your chances of running into somebody else with the same guitar as you are virtually nonexistent!
Steve Lukather, the guitarist best known for his work with the rock band Toto, has been setting the bar higher and higher over the years with his own style of blistering style of rock fusion, not to mention his impressive work in the studio. He's been a long time endorser of Ernie Ball Music Man guitars and his signature axes are no different from the ones he wields on stage. So what does that mean for you? It means you're looking at the same axe he's playing when he tearing apart one of your favorite tunes live on stage.
The L III features a slightly larger body than the standard model (3% larger in fact) and features an African mahogany body, a roasted flame maple neck and fretboard, 22 frets and 2 DiMarzio humbuckers with a custom Music Man active preamp. There is a quick release compartment for the 9volt battery that powers the preamp so you'll never have to worry about messing around too much on a gig if the battery gets low. Quick and easy!
For controls the L III features a master volume and a passive tone control. The added push/push on the tone knob gives you an adjustable 12 db boost that throws the guitar into fire-breathing mode - trust us, you're gonna love this! The push/push design is fairly ingenious. In the middle of a solo or song when you need that special boost you don't have to worry about finding the knob and pulling up on it. You just push down on it and it immediately springs up turning your guitar into a raging rock machine.
Special features in this exclusive Luke III are:
- Hand Selected Flamed Spalted Maple
- Custom Trans Gold Finish
- Hand Selected Roasted Flame Maple Neck and Fretboard
- Black Hardware
- Clean Fretboard (no inlays)
- Model: Luke III Exclusive Run
- Color: Trans Gold
- Top: Flamed Spalted Maple
- Body: African Mahogany
- Fretboard: Roasted Flame Maple
- Neck Wood: Roasted Flame Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22, Low Profile Wide, Stainless Steel
- Nut Width: 1 5/8"
- Inlays: None (black side dots)
- Pickups: DiMarzio Transition (matte black covers)
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm passive tone - .022µF tone capacitor
- Pickup Selector: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Color: Black
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man® floating vintage tremolo, hardened steel with bent steel saddles
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND Locking
- Certificate of Authenticity Included
- Strings: 9p-11p-16p-24w-32w-42w (RPS 9 Slinkys #2239)
- Serial #: G89821
- Instrument Weight: 7.4 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ernie Ball. This exclusive Luke III is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).