We are beyond excited to offer up this Exclusive Bongo beauty. In 2019, we traveled up to San Luis Obispo to visit the Ernie Ball factory. While there, we picked out woods, came up with custom finishes, and decided all of the specifications for a unique run of exclusive instruments for Music Store Live.
Unique to this one is the custom color shift finish that we came up with along with the roasted flame maple neck and fretboard, extremely heavily figured, and with no inlays for a clean aesthetic that won't detract from the beauty of the natural wood. The colors range from orange to copper to green to blue to purple and lots of shades in between. It's truly wild. We don't like to use the cliche "pictures don't do it justice" but in this case, it really is not possible to capture just how awesome this iridescent finish is with a camera. It looks so freaking cool!
We went with the 5 HH configuration to maximize the versatility in tonal options that you can get out of this instrument. It's also not every day that you come across a 5-string bass that weighs only 9 lbs without needing to be chambered. Look good, sound great, and rock out comfortably for hours. One thing's for certain, you'll never show up to a jam session and have another bass player pull out the same bass as you!
Music Man's Bongo bass doesn't really resemble anything else on the market (and this one is even more unique than your average Bongo). For starters, the aesthetics of this bass were realized with the help of the BMW design team. So it's no wonder why this feels like a racecar under your fingers. The engine (aka pre-amp) is revved, roaring, and ready to rip, just as a well-made sports car should.
It's not a tweaked version of a popular design; it's a completely new and different instrument with powerful electronics and wonderfully modern looks. Embraced by the rock community but really up for just about anything, the Bongo has versatile on-board controls and 2 that'll let you dial in your sound without having to even touch your amp's EQ. The tone is beefy and full, with clear harmonics and plenty of punch. It's perfect for players who need that extra kick in their tone. The neck is comfortable and fast with totally unrestricted upper register access. It's also got you covered if you need to go waaaay down low and hit that low-B. The response is tight and punchy, proving that you don't need a 35" scale to have a tight B-string. The neck is also nice and slim so whether you're new to playing 5-string bass or If you're looking for a powerful bass that's a little different than the rest, this is the way to go.
The Bongo 5 represents everything a modern five string bass should be: well balanced, comfortable, resonant and expressive with effortless playability with a tight B-string. The double cutaway basswood body design is of superior construction and along with a 24 fret roasted flame maple neck offers unimpeded access for high register two-octave fretwork.
All of the woods and specifications for this guitar were hand-selected and carefully chosen by Music Store Live at the Ernie Ball Music Man factory in San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Model: Bongo 5 HH
- Color: Custom Color Shift
- Body Wood: Basswood
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Fretboard: Roasted Flame Maple
- Neck Wood: Roasted Flame Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 11"
- Scale Length: 34"
- Frets: 24x High Profile, Wide
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- Thickness @ 1st Fret: 0.830"
- Thickness @ 12th Fret: 0.935"
- Pickups: 2x Neodymium Humbuckers
- Pre-Amp: 4-Band 18V EQ
- Controls: Volume, Blend, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid, Treble, Bass
- Bridge: Standard Music Man Chrome Plated, Hardened Steel Plate, Stainless Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Custom Music Man Lightweight w/Tapered String Posts
- Case: Music Man Molded Hardshell
- Serial #: F84743
- Instrument Weight: 9 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized Premier Dealer for Ernie Ball Music Man. This Exclusive Bongo 5 HH is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact bass you'll receive. Feel free to contact us for additional photos showing off some more angles and different colors of the iridescent finish.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Music Store Live is one of Ernie Ball Music Man's top independent dealers and is a part of the Ernie Ball Premier Dealer Network. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, we are more than happy to help you custom order your next Music Man instrument. Our gear experts can help guide you in purchasing the guitar or bass of your dreams. Call or message us for details!
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).