Music Store Live is extremely proud to offer up our second ever Music Man Exclusive Run. These are limited, unique, and built by the best of the best over at Ernie Ball Music Man. We had so much success with the first run that for this one we decided to add a 7-string guitar to the mix.
Every aspect of this JP15 7 was carefully thought over to provide not only a different aesthetic option than Music Man's normal JP15 lineup, but also an enhanced tone as well. Our jaws all hit the floor when we unboxed this JP15. The figured Japanese maple top on this is beautiful and unique. We had never seen this wood before but it was mesmerizing and we were immediately drawn to it for it's unique and stunning figuring. A roasted flame maple neck and fretboard continues to give the guitar the unique look we were after while also feeling absolutely amazing under your fretting hand. The roasted neck is divine and the fretwork is nothing short of spectacular on this. Stainless steel frets add to the overall brightness of the sound and will last you virtually forever. The black hardware seemed like an obvious choice to contrast the custom trans purple finish that we worked with the paint department to come up with together.
The JP15 commemorates the first 15 years of the Petrucci/Music Man collaboration and partnership. But it has endured on as one of the best JP designs out of the numerous to choose from. It feels thoroughly shred-ready but also has some immense versatility to it. It's not a guitar that can only do metal and prog rock, by any means. The pickups are powerful, but the Illuminators clean up very nicely as well. They're quite balanced and really give this guitar a lot of range. Of course, add in the piezo, and you've got quite the swiss army knife on your hands.
We are beyond thrilled with how this inaugural exclusive run is turning out. If you're looking for a guitar that's unlike what anybody else has... Here you go! Whether you are a collector, a fan of John Petrucci, or just a fan of an immaculately built instrument with searing tones that has some uniqueness to it, then this is going to be a must-have.
This Music Man JP15 7 is decked out with a great list of appointments that'll make this your go-to axe for every kind of playing. The body is African mahogany, and the Japanese maple top provides some nice crispness in the high-end. The highly figured roasted flame maple neck is gorgeous, lightning-fast and smooth as can be. The 24 medium-jumbo stainless steel frets will last longer than standard frets. Electronically, you'll find two DiMarzio Illuminator humbucking pickups. These beasts put out heavy, searing yet articulate and distinctly musical tones that'll let everyone hear the subtleties of your playing. There's also a custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo, so you can get all of those acoustic sounds you need without having to switch guitars. The Schaller locking tuners will keep everything in tune, even after your most indulgent playing sessions. This is one of those "sell the rest of your collection" guitars - it has everything an electric guitarist could possibly want.
Special features in this exclusive JP15 are:
- Hand Selected Figured Japanese Maple
- Custom Trans Deep Purple Finish
- Roasted Flame Maple Neck and Fretboard
- Black Hardware
- Clean Fretboard (no inlays)
- Model: JP15 7 Exclusive Run
- Color: Trans Deep Purple
- Top: Figured Japanese Maple
- Body: African Mahogany
- Fretboard: Roasted Flame Maple
- Neck Wood: Roasted Flame Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 17"
- Frets: 24, Medium Jumbo, Stainless Steel
- Nut Width: 1 7/8"
- Inlays: None (black side dots)
- Pickups: DiMarzio Illuminators
- Controls: Mag Volume (push/push for gain boost), Tone (push/push for alternate pickup configurations), Piezo Volume
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch (for magnetic pickups) and 3-Way Piezo Switch
- Color: Black
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo Floating Tremolo
- Tuners: Schaller M6-IND Locking
- Certificate of Authenticity Included
- Case: Hardshell
- Serial #: F88597
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs.
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ernie Ball. This exclusive John Petrucci JP15 7 is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.