Music Store Live is proud to offer up this Ball Family Reserve StingRay Fretless bass. But this isn't just any fretless StingRay. This redefines the concept of a "lined" fretless fingerboard. This one's got lines all over the place! The flame figuring on the neck and fretboard really sets this beauty apart from anything else out there. This has to be one of the most beautiful fretless basses we've ever come across.
When I think of a fretless StingRay I'm immediately reminded of Pino Palladino from back in the Paul Young days. That beautiful intro to "Wherever I Lay My Hat" has got to be one of the greatest opening bass lines of all time and it just wouldn't have sounded the same without a fretless StingRay. It's really an amazing tone full of all that growl and bark that we know and love, but with the added "mwah" that makes a fretless sound so special.
If you're looking for a truly special fretless bass to add to your collection that will sound and look unique while having unparalleled build quality, then definitely take some time to check this bad boy out. This is probably one of our most favorite BFR additions we've seen in a long time. The sound is as incendiary as the flame on the neck.
Exclusive StingRay 4 Special H features a stunning translucent Sierra Burst Sunburst finish without oval pickguard showcasing the amazing figured ash body. The highly figured roasted maple neck with roasted flame maple fretless fingerboard complete the elegant upscale appearance. Equipped with single alnico humbucking pickup, and newly designed 3-band EQ, this bass delivers all of the familiar Stingray punch and growl. Each bass ships with a numbered certificate of authenticity and limited to just 106 pieces worldwide.
Swamp Ash Body
Beautifully figured swamp ash body without the traditional oval pickguard.
FRETLESS FIGURED ROASTED NECK
Highly figured roasted maple fretless neck and fingerboard.
High gloss finish
Roasted maple neck with a high gloss finish and proprietary Ernie Ball Music Man lightweight tuners.
- Description: Stingray 4 BFR 2019 - Fretless
- Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Color: Vintage Sierra Burst
- Top Color: Vintage Sierra Burst
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolt, sculpted neck joint
- Neck Wood: Select figured roasted maple neck
- Neck Color: Natural
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester
- Fingerboard Wood: Figured Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Finish: High gloss polyester
- Headstock Color: Natural
- Fret Size(Height x Width): .047 x .104
- Nut Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Neck Width at last Fret: 2-1/2" (63.5 mm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: 0.830 inches
- Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: 0.936 inches
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Pickups: Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Tuning Machine type: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Tuning Machine Buttons: Chrome
- Bridge type: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
- Serial #: F85643
- Instrument Weight: 7.6 lbs
Music Store Live is proud to be an authorized dealer for Ernie Ball Music Man. This BFR Stingray is 100% brand new and is being sold with a full manufacturer's warranty. Photos are of the exact guitar you'll receive.
Our in-house guitar tech will inspect, test, set up, and clean all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).