- Martin Retro Series D-18E Acoustic Electric Guitar
- D-14 Body Shape
- Aged Toner/Polished Gloss Top
- Polished Gloss Back and Sides
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Genuine Mahogany Back and Sides
- Style 18 Rosette
- Tortoise Color Binding
- Standard "X" Scalloped, Forward Shifted Bracing
- Solid Sitka Spruce Braces
- Select Hardwood Neck
- Dovetail Neck Joint
- 25.4" Scale Length
- 16" Fretboard Radius
- Satin Neck Finish
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Modified Low Oval Profile w/ High Performance Taper Neck Shape
- 20 Frets
- Bone Nut
- 1 3/4" Nut Width
- Fishman F1 Analog Pickup System - Includes Different Mic Voices and Tuner
- Compensated White Tusq Saddle
- Delmar Tortoise Color Pickguard
- Ebony Bridge - 1930's Style w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Nickel Open Gear Tuners w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Martin Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 4.6 lbs
Martin’s Retro series is all about re-creating vintage, folkloric Martins and updating them with a few practical modern appointments. These instruments are not your typical reissues of old designs. They’re the result of exhaustive, micrometer-precise research on the finest vintage Martins in the world. This iconic D-18 has that classic Martin dreadnought sound. You don’t hear it very often, but you know it when you hear it: the powerful but smooth low end and the clear, bell-like quality that turns chord progressions into stories. The neck joint and bracing pattern, two of the most important acoustic tonal elements, are the same on this guitar as they are on the fabled old-school D-18's. The neck has been updated just a touch – it’s a little easier to get around on than the necks on some old guitars. A phenomenal pickup system has been added as well, so you can take this guitar to every gig on your calendar without worrying about being heard. In short, this is the perfect blend of old and new. This guitar is a lifer.
This D-18E is based on the best old-school D-18’s in the world. It sports the classic spruce top/mahogany back and sides combination for projection and warmth. The dovetail neck joint is the same as the vintage D-18’s. It lends a huge advantage both structurally and tonally. Martin’s old dreadnoughts have forward shifted scalloped X-bracing, and that’s exactly what’s under the top of this guitar. This bracing technique allows the top to vibrate more freely than other styles, enriching the low-end and enhancing the guitar’s overall clarity and volume. The neck on this guitar is a departure from the vintage accuracy of the rest of the design, but I guarantee your hand will thank you. It’s Martin’s low oval profile with a Performing Artist taper, a cozy design that you can play for hours without tiring. There’s also a great pickup system in this guitar – the Fishman F1 Aura Plus. Specially designed by Larry Fishman for these vintage-vibed Martins, this system replicates the sound of putting a good mic in front your guitar. You can run full piezo or a blend of piezo and mic imaging, and there are specific mic options to choose from. This guitar is for today's player who wants true Martin sound on a gig-ready guitar.
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, set up, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).