How many times have you wondered, "Why aren't there any NEW effects?" Whether you play guitar, bass, keyboard, make beats, or work in the studio - most effects boxes are based on the same old classics. The Moogerfooger MF-105 MuRF is the antidote to generic, boring effects.
MuRF stands for "Multiple Resonance Filter Array". What this means is the MuRF has 8 filters - their levels are controlled by 8 sliders. It looks like a graphic eq, but the sound of the filters are very different: warm and resonant.
What is really unique is the ability to animate the levels of the 8 filters in up to 24 preset patterns. The rate of the patterns can be set by a knob, expression pedal, or plug a footswitch into the tap tempo input to match the rate to the tempo of your song. Rhythmic variations can be created by adjusting the levels of the filters. The Envelope control sets the shape of the modulation, which can be set for percolating techno rhythmic modulation or shimmering timbral morphing. Other controls include Input Drive, Output Level and Wet/Dry Mix.
In addition to the full range of Control Voltage inputs, it also sports an extensive MIDI implementation. Create tempo-synced filter sequences with MIDI Clock Sync. Change patterns with MIDI Program Change messages. Control front panel knob settings with MIDI CC messages and play the filters in real-time with MIDI Note On commands. MuRF shares the musician-oriented features that are common to all Moogerfoogers. All the audio processing is 100% genuine analog, for warm, fat sound quality. Any line level or instrument level audio signal may be processed. Wide-ranging player parameters may be controlled from the panel knobs as well as from expression pedals or CV-compatible analog synthesis instruments. Components are rugged and long lasting, to withstand the rigors of stage and studio.
The MuRF is housed in the classic Moogerfooger "double-wedge" enclosure that may be used on a table or on the floor. For all players, the MuRF will open up new sonic worlds for you!
The following features attribute to the classic and warm sound of this stunning instrument:
- PATTERN Rotary Switch: Selects one of 12 Animation Patterns in each bank.
- FREQ Slide Switch: Selects whether BASS or MIDS pattern bank is active.
- LFO Slide Switch: Applies LFO modulation to patterns
- RATE Rotary Control: Sets the Rate of the Pattern. Sets Clock Divider value when synced to MIDI Time Clock.
- ENVELOPE Rotary Control: Sets the envelope shape of the patterns.
- DRIVE Rotary Control: Adjusts the gain of the audio input circuit.
- OUTPUT Rotary Control: Adjusts the output level when the effect is active. Used for balancing the filtered signal with the bypassed signal.
- MIX Rotary Control: Sets the proportion of direct to effected signal that appears at the output.
- FILTERS Slider Controls: Controls the gains of the following frequency bands(determined by FREQ Slide Switch): BASS -110 Hz, 160 Hz, 240 Hz, 350 Hz, 525 Hz, 775 Hz, 1.2kHz, 1.8kHz. MIDS - 200 Hz, 300 Hz, 450 Hz, 675 Hz, 1kHz, 1.5 kHz, 2.2 kHz, 3.4kHz
- DRIVE LED: 3-color LED indicates the level of the Input signal. Green indicates a low-level signal, yellow indicates optimal signal level, and red indicates soft clipping.
- BYPASS LED: 3-color LED indicates effect status. Red indicates bypass, and Green indicates Mid Voicing, Orange indicates Bass Voicing.
- RATE LED: RED = Pattern Clock Rate determined by the Rate control/CV Input, GREEN = Pattern Clock Rate determined by Tap Tempo/Step control and ORANGE = The Current State has been last modified by MIDI and the front panel control knob doesn't indicate the state of the unit.
- AUDIO IN: Phone jack accepts any instrument-level or line-level signal from 16 dBm to +4 dBm. Input impedance is 1 megohm.
- LEFT/MONO OUT: " Phone Jack carries the summed signal (left+right, all freq. bands) when Right Output is not connected, and carries the Left output signal (Freq. bands: 200 Hz, 450 Hz, 1 KHz, 2.2 KHz) when the right output is connected. Nominal output is '16 dBm to +4 dBm depending on setting of Output Level control when effect is active. Output impedance is 5,000 Ohms.
- RIGHT OUT: Phone Jack carries the Right Output signal (Freq. Bands 300 Hz, 675 Hz, 1.5 KHz, 3.4 KHz). Nominal output is '16 dBm to +4 dBM depending on setting of Output Level control when effect is active. Output impedance is 5,000 Ohms.
- RATE, MIX, ENVELOPE, LFO/SWEEP are TRS jacks that accept Moogerfooger EP-2 (or equivalent) expression pedals, or control voltages from two or three-circuit jacks.
- TAP/STEP IN: This tap tempo input accepts a normally open momentary footswitch for syncing the rate of ANIMATION to the tempo of the music.
- The MIDI In implementation on the MIDI MuRF makes possible a powerful new set of synchronization and control features that respond to the following MIDI Messages:
- System Real-time: MIDI Timing Clock, MIDI Start, Continue and Stop
- Channel Voice messages: Program Change, Control Change, Note On/Note Off
- System Exclusive messages: change MIDI channel, write user pattern sets, firmware upgrade.
- Program Change: A MIDI Program change received on the current MIDI Channel with a value 000-023 will override the position of the pattern and Freq Switch. A movement of the Pattern Knob or the Freq Switch sets the MIDI MuRF's current pattern to the one selected by the front panel.
- Control Change Messages: The MIDI MuRF can respond to MIDI CC Messages to alter the settings of the MuRF or the pattern clock rate. Changes made by MIDI CCs are over-ridden by moving the corresponding panel control or changing the state at the corresponding CV input.
- Note On Messages: In MUTE MODE, TRIGGERED MODE and SUSTAINED MODE, MIDI Note On messages can play the MIDI MuRF's filters. In STEP MODE the rate setting is ignored and Note On messages advance the pattern step.
- SYSTEM REALTIME: MIDI_RTC_CLOCK: MIDI CLOCK sets the rate of the pattern clock. When synced to MIDI CLOCK, the RATE LED flashes ORANGE at the Clock division.
- MIDI_START: MIDI Clock Start Messages starts the Pattern Clock at the beginning of the Pattern, and synced to the MIDI Clock messages
- MIDI_STOP: MIDI Clock Stop Message Stops the Pattern Clock.
- MIDI_CONTINUE: MIDI Clock Continue Message restarts a stopped Pattern Clock at the next step in the Pattern.
- CLOCK_DIVISIONS: Front panel RATE knob/CC9 or LFO Rate CV Input/CC3 are quantized to 16 positions and sweep through clock-divisions of MIDI Clock Messages (12 o'clock is quarter-note)
- SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE: MIDI Channel: Defaults to Channel 1 on each power up, unless the stomp switch is closed. If the stomp switch is closed when power is applied then the Pattern Rotary switch sets the current MIDI Channel from 1-12. Changes are stored on power down.
- CASE: Steel case with black powder coat finish and wood sides; classic analog appearance.
- DIMENSIONS: 9" x 5" x 3"
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).