Originally designed by Bob Moog and released in 2000, the Classic MF-104 Analog Delay was manufactured as a limited edition release of 1000 units. A special "Bucket Brigade" delay chip was employed allowing the effect to remain completely analog. Unfortunately, the supply of these chips was limited and the final MF-104 sold in 2001. Since then there have been two reissues of the Classic MF-104, the MF-104Z and the MF-104SD. In that time, each has been added to a short list of the most sought after analog delays in history.
The MF-104M recreates the sound and vibe of the Classic MF-104. It even uses the same vintage "Bucket Brigade" delay chips found in the original, which provide 800ms of the richest, creamiest, all analog delay on the planet.
A new 6 Waveshape LFO significantly expands the sonic capabilities of this Classic Analog Delay. Use it to create expansive delays that transport you through time, beautifully modulate the delay trails, or create sounds and delays that are simply out of this world.
Spillover Mode has been the most popular modification to the MF-104 and is now included in the MF-104M. Decide on the fly whether delay trails end or continue when you disengage the Delay.
A dedicated Tap Tempo switch lets you quickly tap in your Delay Time or LFO Rate, and the addition of MIDI brings a new world of control and function to the MF-104M. Use it to control and manipulate every function on and under the hood. It's also a great way to incorporate an analog delay into your studio productions.
Rear panel features include CV/Expression Pedal inputs which provide hands free control and manipulation of Time, Rate, Feedback, Amount, and Mix. Like all Moogerfoogers, you can connect Moog EP2 expression pedals to any of these CV/Expression inputs to control functions, or connect other Moogerfoogers and create new effects.
Additionally, the Feedback Insert allows you to patch in other stomp box or outboard effects onto the delay line for even more creative flexibility.
The MF-104M will be available for a limited time, so grab this piece of Analog history before it's gone forever-forever-forever-forever!
The following features attribute to the classic and warm sound of this stunning instrument:
- DRIVE: From -7dB to +28dB of input signal gain or attenuation
- OUTPUT LEVEL: Use to optimize overall Output volume
- MIX: Cross fader control to set the ratio of wet to dry signal
- TIME: Control range of 40ms – 800ms of analog delay time
- SHORT/LONG RANGE: Select between a short, bright delay 40ms to 400ms and a long, dark delay 80ms to 800ms
- FEEDBACK: Continuous control of Delay line output fed back to Delay input from no Feedback to infinite.
- WAVESHAPE: Selectable 6 Waveshape LFO for modulating the Delay Time
- RATE: Controls the LFO Rate from 0.05 Hz to 50 Hz (Wider range available via CV and MIDI)
- AMOUNT: Controls the overall Amount of LFO modulation of the Delay Time. LEDs and Switches
- TIME LED: The LED is Red when controlled by the Time knob, and Green when controlled by Tap Tempo.
- LEVEL LED: Bi-Color LED displays input signal for optimum processing level.
- BYPASS LED: When the effect is on the Bypass LED is green. When in Spillover mode the Bypass LED is orange. When the effect is off the Bypass LED is red
- RATE LED: Indicates both the Rate and Waveform LFO settings. The LED is Red when the Rate is set from the front panel, Green when set by Tap Tempo, and Orange when the LFO is synced to MIDI clock.
- Note: When synced to MIDI clock, the Rate control is quantized to select only rhythmic subdivisions of the MIDI clock tempo.
- TAP TEMPO: Tap Tempo control assignable to Delay Time or LFO Rate by holding down the switch. Time LED or Rate LED will flash Green to indicate Tap Tempo assignment.
- SPILLOVER MODE: Press and hold Bypass to engage/disengage Spillover Mode.
- AUDIO IN: 1/4" TS jack that accepts any instrument level to line level audio signal.
- MIX OUT: 1/4" TS jack with adjustable output level for instrument or line level output.
- DELAY OUT: 1/4" TS jack that supplies wet-only output.
- FEEDBACK, TIME, LFO RATE, MIX, LFO AMOUNT: All are 1/4" TRS jacks that accept Moog EP-2 (or equivalent) expression pedals, or 0-5VDC control voltages from either two-circuit (TS) or three-circuit (TRS) 1/4" jacks.
- FEEDBACK INSERT: 1/4" TRS jack for inserting effects on the feedback loop of the Delay Line. Supplies line-level output.
- MIDI IN: 5 Pin DIN input for controlling the MF-104M via MIDI.
- +9VDC POWER JACK: Accepts standard 9 volt center positive barrel power adaptor (power adaptor included). 400mA minimum required.
- CASE: Black panel with hardwood sides - classic analog appearance.
- DIMENSIONS: 9" x 6" x 2-1/2"
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).