Mission Engineering VM-PRO Buffered Volume Pedal - Red
The Mission VM-PRO is the most sophisticated volume pedal ever made. Using quality components and designed to exacting specifications, the VM-PRO introduces several innovative features never seen before in a volume pedal.
The VM-PRO resolves many of the common issues with volume pedals that cause tone sucking and mismatching problems whatever your instrument. The VM-PRO works with most guitars including electric, electro-acoustic, baritone or bass. It also works with many other instruments including electronic keyboards, steel guitars, and instrument microphones such as harmonica and horn mics.
Using an acoustic instrument like acoustic guitar, violin, or stand-up bass without a pre-amp? No problem.The VM-PRO-PZ version is the only volume pedal in the world specifically designed to work with un-amplified Piezo Electric pickups.
The VM-PRO features high quality onboard buffers. These buffers help maintain the frequency response when using long cable runs and multiple effects. In other words: No tone suck! If you’ve ever experienced reduced top end and a general loss of sparkle from your instrument plugged into a pedal board, then a good quality buffer at the start of your signal chain can help. The Mission buffer is a top of the line audiophile grade circuit, and being integrated right into the volume pedal, you can avoid having to use a separate device, reducing the cable count and saving space and weight on your pedal board.
VM-PRO is designed for flexibility, and includes switchable options that let you tune it to your specific requirements. You can place the volume pedal anywhere in the signal chain without mismatch issues, so you can place it first and use it for swells and clean/boost control, last as a master volume, or anywhere in between. You can even use the VM-PRO in an effects loop.
A selectable output impedance lets you use the volume pedal with vintage fuzz and other devices that would normally be incompatible with a volume pedal. Placing the VM-PRO in front of a fuzz allows you to roll back the volume to clean up just like using the volume knob on your guitar, but with more precise control. A switchable gain stage lets you set the pedal for use with high output active pickups without clipping, and the unique Mission Sparkle switch restores some of the top end brightness thats typically lost as you roll back the volume.
Last, but by no means least, is is completely isolated secondary output that routes an additional, unaltered signal from the pedal. Primarily intended for use as a tuner out, use of this output won’t cause any signal loss on the main output regardless of what is connected to it, as the two outputs are completely isolated inside the pedal. The tuner out remains active independent of pedal position so you can tune silently, at full volume, or anywhere in between without the tuner sucking your tone.
The Secondary out can also be used for advanced studio and recording functions such as re-amping and side chaining. Use it to send a dry signal direct to a mixing desk or DAW, or split the signal between two different effect chains.
Works with many instruments including electric, acoustic-electric guitars and basses including 7 string guitars and 5 and 6 string basses, keyboards, and instrument microphones.
Switch selectable input for use with passive or active pickups.
Switch selectable output impedance for use with vintage fuzz and similar pedals.
Sparkle switch restores brightness when rolling back volume.
On board professional quality buffer and line driver for reliable interfacing, and maintaining frequency response with long cables and complex pedal boards.
Isolated secondary/tuner out.*
Road ready all metal chassis in choice of black or red finishes.
The VM-PRO is powered by an included 9V internal battery accessible from a battery door on the bottom plate for easy changing. It can also be powered by an external power supply. The power circuit is very flexible and can accept between 9 and 18VDC supplies. Using a higher output supply will increase the headroom which may be useful for very high level inputs. The VM-PRO uses a standard barrel connector and is protected against reverse voltage.
Choose the VM-PRO as a ‘bundle’, to add the Mission MCTRSVMPRO adapter at a discounted price, when you place your order.
Need More Information?
Download the VM-PRO User Guide.
Download the VM-PRO Advanced Configuration Guide.
Click the Video tab above for more demos and tutorials.
Strukture S6P48 Right-Angle Guitar Patch Cable 6 in.
- Length: 6 in.
- Jack: Right-angle
- High quality woven outer covering
- State-of-the-art shrink-wrap sleeve
- Thick ABS sleeve protects solder connections
- Dual right angle connectors
Mission Engineering VM-PRO Buffered Volume Pedal - Red
- Dimensions: L9.9″ x W3.9″ x H3.0″ *
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Internal Power: 9VDC Battery (included)
- External Power: 9-18VDC 2.1mm center pin negative
- Box Contents: 1x VM-PRO, 1x Hex Key, 2x Instruction Manual
- Power Consumption:
- 9VDC 27mW, 3mA
- 18VDC, 72mW, 4mA
- Measuring conditions: Input continuous 1KHz sine wave @3Vpp
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).