- Dimensions: L9.9″ x W3.9″ x H3.0″ *
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Internal Power: 9VDC Battery (included)
- External Power: 9-18VDC 2.1mm center pin negative
- Box Contents: 1x VM-PRO, 1x Hex Key, 2x Instruction Manual
- Power Consumption: 9VDC 27mW, 3mA, 18VDC, 72mW, 4mA
- Measuring conditions: Input continuous 1KHz sine wave @3Vpp
Mission Engineering VM-PRO Buffered Volume Pedal - Black
The Mission VM-PRO is the most sophisticated volume pedal ever made. Using quality components and designed to exacting specifications, the VM-PRO introduces several innovative features never seen before in a volume pedal.
The VM-PRO resolves many of the common issues with volume pedals that cause tone sucking and mismatching problems whatever your instrument. The VM-PRO works with most guitars including electric, electro-acoustic, baritone or bass. It also works with many other instruments including electronic keyboards, steel guitars, and instrument microphones such as harmonica and horn mics.
Using an acoustic instrument like acoustic guitar, violin, or stand-up bass without a pre-amp? No problem.The VM-PRO-PZ version is the only volume pedal in the world specifically designed to work with un-amplified Piezo Electric pickups.
The VM-PRO features high quality onboard buffers. These buffers help maintain the frequency response when using long cable runs and multiple effects. In other words: No tone suck! If you’ve ever experienced reduced top end and a general loss of sparkle from your instrument plugged into a pedal board, then a good quality buffer at the start of your signal chain can help. The Mission buffer is a top of the line audiophile grade circuit, and being integrated right into the volume pedal, you can avoid having to use a separate device, reducing the cable count and saving space and weight on your pedal board.
VM-PRO is designed for flexibility, and includes switchable options that let you tune it to your specific requirements. You can place the volume pedal anywhere in the signal chain without mismatch issues, so you can place it first and use it for swells and clean/boost control, last as a master volume, or anywhere in between. You can even use the VM-PRO in an effects loop.
A selectable output impedance lets you use the volume pedal with vintage fuzz and other devices that would normally be incompatible with a volume pedal. Placing the VM-PRO in front of a fuzz allows you to roll back the volume to clean up just like using the volume knob on your guitar, but with more precise control. A switchable gain stage lets you set the pedal for use with high output active pickups without clipping, and the unique Mission Sparkle switch restores some of the top end brightness thats typically lost as you roll back the volume.
Last, but by no means least, is is completely isolated secondary output that routes an additional, unaltered signal from the pedal. Primarily intended for use as a tuner out, use of this output won’t cause any signal loss on the main output regardless of what is connected to it, as the two outputs are completely isolated inside the pedal. The tuner out remains active independent of pedal position so you can tune silently, at full volume, or anywhere in between without the tuner sucking your tone.
The Secondary out can also be used for advanced studio and recording functions such as re-amping and side chaining. Use it to send a dry signal direct to a mixing desk or DAW, or split the signal between two different effect chains.
- Works with many instruments including electric, acoustic-electric guitars and basses including 7 string guitars and 5 and 6 string basses, keyboards, and instrument microphones.
- Switch selectable input for use with passive or active pickups.
- Switch selectable output impedance for use with vintage fuzz and similar pedals.
- Sparkle switch restores brightness when rolling back volume.
- On board professional quality buffer and line driver for reliable interfacing, and maintaining frequency response with long cables and complex pedal boards.
- Isolated secondary/tuner out.*
- Road ready all metal chassis in choice of black or red finishes.
The VM-PRO is powered by an included 9V internal battery accessible from a battery door on the bottom plate for easy changing. It can also be powered by an external power supply. The power circuit is very flexible and can accept between 9 and 18VDC supplies. Using a higher output supply will increase the headroom which may be useful for very high level inputs. The VM-PRO uses a standard barrel connector and is protected against reverse voltage.
Choose the VM-PRO as a ‘bundle’, to add the Mission MCTRSVMPRO adapter at a discounted price, when you place your order.
Need More Information?
Download the VM-PRO User Guide.
Download the VM-PRO Advanced Configuration Guide.
Click the Video tab above for more demos and tutorials.
Strukture S6P48 Right-Angle Guitar Patch Cable 6 in.
- Length: 6 in.
- Jack: Right-angle
- High quality woven outer covering
- State-of-the-art shrink-wrap sleeve
- Thick ABS sleeve protects solder connections
- Dual right angle connectors
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - No Hassle Returns - 30 Day Trial Period
At Music Store Live, we are proud to offer free shipping on just about everything we sell. We’ve also got one of the best return policies in the business giving you a full 30 day trial period that starts when you receive your order for all new* items. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped, we’ll provide you with return authorization information to send it back for an exchange, a refund, or in-store credit. But no matter what, we’ve got your back and we are here to help make sure you end up with the right gear for you. You’ll never be stuck with something you aren’t happy with.
Return Policy Details
What if there’s something defective with the item I purchased or it arrived with shipping damage?
We’ve got some of the best guitar techs around to test out every instrument before it leaves our shop and give everything a full setup. We’re confident your order will arrive ready to rock right out of the box. Our awesome warehouse staff put time and care into packaging your order up to make sure it all arrives to you safely. But let’s be honest, once in a blue moon stuff happens that’s out of anyone’s control. If you received an item which you believe is faulty, shows signs of shipping damage, or in any way doesn’t meet your expectations based on the description in the listing, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Gear Experts. No matter what happens, we want to make it right! (note: If you believe there to be shipping damage, please do not discard the packaging that your order came in and please make sure to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your delivery)
What if I’m not liking it or it’s just not working out for me?
Is something you purchased from us just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from Music Store Live. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us within 30 days of delivery*. You are welcome to return it for a refund, an exchange, or in-store credit.
- Please allow 2-4 business days from the receiving date for returns to be processed.
- If your purchase qualified for free shipping, we may withhold our outbound shipping costs from any refunds processed as part of the return.
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. Anything sent back to us must have an RMA number and we may refuse returns that did not receive prior authorization.
- Return the item(s) in its original packaging and in a way that will help ensure its safe arrival back to us.
- Just as we’re responsible for getting your order to you safely, you are responsible for returning the item(s) to Music Store Live in its original condition. Please take care with packaging it back up and preparing it for the return shipping journey. We recommend you add insurance to higher value items when sending them back.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL but is not to exceed 15% under typical circumstances.
- * B-Stock, C-Stock, E-Stock, Open Box, and Used items are subject to a 7-day trial period.
Is there anything that you guys won’t take back or that does not apply to your return policy?
We definitely want to work with you and be as flexible as we can to earn your business and to make sure you’re happy with everything you purchase from us. Unfortunately, there are some things that we simply cannot take back once it’s sold. That includes:
- Custom orders or instruments with modifications (pickup installs, straplock installs, tuner installs, etc)
- Software or authorization keys
- Guitar amp tubes or cabinet speakers
- Pickups that have been installed
- Strings that have been installed
- Drum heads and cymbals that show signs of use
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, instrument mouthpieces, etc.)
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
When sending back a return, please make sure that the return merchandise authorization number (RMA) provided by one of our Gear Experts is clearly written on the label of your return. To help avoid any restocking fees, please don’t write anything on the packaging. Please return all of the original packaging and its contents. We must receive the item/order back in a condition that allows us to resell it in the same condition it was originally in when we sent it out.
Your return label should look something like this:
Music Store Live
Attn: RMA XXXXX
300 W. 28th St, ste 102
National City, CA 91950
(Note: Purchases made through third party marketplaces such as eBay, Reverb, or Amazon have their own policies and criteria for returns. Please ask if you have any questions regarding that process.)
Shipping Policy Details
In most cases we ship new orders out within 1 business day of receiving payment. Here are some things to note:
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment. If you need to use a shipping address that differs from your billing address, feel free to contact a Music Store Live Gear Expert and we can help you out.
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company. If you’d like it held at a local FedEx facility, for example, please provide us with the full address of that facility before your order is shipped. This works out better than trying to re-route it once it’s in transit.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery please request it when requesting your order. Whether you choose to or not, we will still assume all of the responsibility in getting your item to you safely.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.