- 50w 8Ohm Output
- 100w 4Ohm Output
- Onboard Reverb and Tremolo
- Universal (100v-260v) Input Voltage
- 8.5" W x 3" H x 6.5" D
- 2.5 Lbs
What is The Amp? First and foremost, it’s a 50W Guitar amplifier. The preamp is based around a single 12AX7 running at high voltage in a discrete Class A circuit. The tube preamp reacts with a guitar the same way any tube amplifier does: it generates harmonics and the sweet sounding high fidelity tone that tubes are known for. Along with tube EQ. there is on-board reverb and tremolo effects so that The Amp can be used as a grab and go amplifier. Foot switches for bypassing the effects are built in. A Class D power section delivers 50 watts into 8ohms, or 100 watts into 4ohms. The Speakon combination jack for speaker output takes either a standard 1/4” connection or a locking Speakon connector for extra security.
The Amp has an integrated headphone amplifier which sounds identical to the output from a speaker. This is perfect for practice, auditioning pedals, or for those times when noise is not appropriate. The Amp can operate with no speaker attached so it can live on a pedalboard and go wherever the pedals go. Speaking of travel, The Amp has a universal IEC power input. It can run from 100 to 260 VAC. No matter where it is on Earth, it can be plugged into a wall socket and used with no need for additional power accessories.
How about a compact studio quality tube preamp? The internal XLR output delivers a balanced line level output. There is no modeling or simulation involved, no menus or presets to give option anxiety. It is very straightforward and simple to get great tone from the tube preamp of The Amp and use it as the front end for a modeling system, recording setup, or for playing direct on stage.
The Amp also has “pedal level” output where it can be used as the front end of a pedal board or as an amp like effect on the back end of a pedal board. There is no substitute for the marriage between a magnetic guitar pickup and the first stage of a tube amplifier, and this is something that is missing with modern pedal board setups. Using The Amp in front of a pedal chain will add harmonics and tube musicality to the entire signal chain starting right where it matters most: between a guitar pickup and the grid of a tube.
Using The Amp further down the signal chain creates unique tonal possibilities. It plays well with pedals, and it can add extra EQ or reverb to an existing amplifier. The Amp can drive the input of an amplifier as an extra tube gain stage. It can be a backup for a vintage amp needing service, or used in place of anemic backline gear on your travel gig. At 2.5lbs, and with so many different uses, The Amp may be your new best friend.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).