Milkman Sound 20W Creamer Amp Head, New Moon Walnut
I design amps based on my own experience and needs, and when it came time to design the Creamer, I wanted to find a balance between a perfectly voiced guitar tone with a fair amount of power and portability. Everyone loves low power vintage amplifiers, but sometimes I need a bit more power, reliability, and headroom on the gig. In studio, the Creamer is virtually silent when idle. Its the ultimate refinement and alternative to the vintage small format amplifier.
I wanted the Creamer to be very versatile so I included an adjustable cathode bias circuit so that the user can easily substitute 6L6 or 6V6 output tubes with no need to rebias the output tubes. I have added a rear mounted switch to maintain an 8ohm speaker output regardless of which tube type used. Inside of the chassis, you will find an internal bias adjustment in case you want to fine tune the cathode bias when substituting in vintage tubes which tend to draw more current.
With 6V6 the Creamer puts out about 20 watts into 8ohms and has sweet breakup. Put a pair of 6L6s in, flip the switch on the rear panel and you get a bit of more low end, subtler mids, and a touch more headroom.
The tremolo circuit in the Creamer is unique and sounds outstanding. It is harmonically rich, deep, and has a very useful range of speed.
Like all Milkman amplifiers, the Creamer is built using the finest possible components onto a turret board, and is hand wired with cloth covered wire.
Milkman Sound 1x12" Extension Cabinet, Celestion 12” Alnico Cream/Vanilla
I designed the Sideman amplifier about 4 years ago as the only two channel Milkman amplifier. It served as a go between for guitar and pedal steel players. However, I decided to introduce a brand new single channel version that I consider to be the "full featured" version of the 40W Pedal Steel Mini. Many guitar players were asking if the Mini could have this feature or that - why not just throw the kitchen sink into the Sideman Well, thats exactly what I did.
The preamp circuit and overall voicing is the same as the 40W Mini, however the Sideman has larger transformers and runs at slightly higher voltages inside. That, coupled with its larger speaker baffle gives the Sideman an impressive amount of power for how small and light it is. Similar to the Mini, you can run a 5AR4 rectifier or a solid state plug in rectifier in place.
The Sideman has gotten a total makeover from its original form: it has shrunk down into a 1x12" combo that weighs about 41lbs, features a 3 band EQ with bright switch, and has a 2 knob reverb system with dwell and blend controls. Dwell allows you to lightly drive the tank when running the preamp hot. Another addition to the Sideman is rich, deep, bias modulating tremolo. The amplifier comes with the custom Milkman two button foot switch, and a removable IEC type power cord.
The Sideman is hand wired onto a turret board with Mercury Magnetics transformers and Jupiter capacitors. The combination of a pine cabinet and efficient speakers keeps the weight down to about 41lbs while putting out a considerable amount of volume, and fantastic guitar tone. For customers who are interested, I will still build a custom two channel Sideman as a dual channel Steel/Guitar amplifier. Please contact me through the contact page.
- WATTAGE-50W Class AB
- SPEAKER-1x12" Celestion Alnico Cream, 8ohm
- EFFECTS-Tube driven spring reverb with dual knob control,Bias modulating tube tremolo
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).