Mesa Boogie has been a name that's resonated with both guitar and bass players alike over the years. With the addition of the Subway D-800 to the arsenal, any bass player that hadn't previously considered Mesa, or bassists who are already Mesa enthusiasts will be forced to take note of this tone monster. It pumps out 800 watts at 4ohms, which is plenty of power to get you the volume you need in virtually any setting. Whether you're practicing in your bedroom or tearing it up on a big stage, you'll have all of the volume and tone you need in this little amp. All of this weighing in at only 5.5 lbs! Now, it's true that these days there are a lot of bass amp makers are coming out with class D amplifiers that are lightweight and put out good power, however, this has got to be at the top of the heap for anyone looking to save their backs from lugging around big heavy amps without compromising the tone whatsoever. It's got the Mesa voicing knob which essentially serves as a mid-scoop by boosting low and high frequencies. Fully counter-clockwise gives you a flat EQ response from the knob. This can be really handy for making quick tonal adjustments and does also have a different effect than dimply boosting the bass and treble knobs. Aside from these features, you get a 4-band EQ that'll help you fine tune your sound to get just what you need. I must admit, it sounds fantastic with everything just flat, and that's usually a great testament to how a bass amp sounds. The amp can really deliver some thunderous lows... but it also comes with a "deep" switch in case you're trying to cause an earthquake in your neighborhood. The natural tonal coloration of this amp is very warm and punchy. All in all, it sounds like a Mesa. This bass amp is packed full of tone and comes in a lightweight package that fits in your gig bag. It's a bass player's dream!
- Mesa/Boogie Subway D-800
- 800 Watts Class D Bass Amplifier (can be run at 2, 4, or 8 ohm impedance)
- Variable Voicing (Flat to Vintage Scoop), Fully Active 4-Band EQ plus Deep Switch (for enhanced low-end)
- 5.5 lbs!
- Headphone Output and Auxiliary Input
- Built-In Direct Output
- Made in Petaluma, California
Our in house guitar tech has inspected, tested, and cleaned all of our instruments on site prior to shipping. All of our instruments are guaranteed to be fully functional upon arrival.
Our team of musicians fuses the spirit of the local guitar shop with the convenience of the web by creating a reliable and worry-free buying experience.
At Music Store Live, our goal is to revolutionize the way gear is bought online. It’s not just about videos and know how; it’s about the person on the other end of the line. Whether you are in Tokyo or Toledo, we invite you to experience the reality of a living online music store and help us shape the best buying experience possible. As you'll see in the video below, we're musicians just like you. We strive to offer the best gear, the best online experience, and the best personalized service in the industry. We invite you to get to know our team, and we would love the opportunity to get to know you too!
Free Shipping - Free Return Shipping - 30 Day Returns
At MusicStoreLive.com we are proud to offer free return shipping and a 30-day return policy in the 48 contiguous states on all new* items over $30. It's all part of our mission to bring the guitar shop to your living room. This policy allows you to get your gear hassle-free and try it with your own rig to be sure that it truly fits with your playing style and sound. If it doesn't work the way you had hoped we'll send you a prepaid return label and work up an exchange or issue you a refund once we get the item back in the same condition it was purchased. It's that simple.
- Your order must ship to the billing address associated with your credit card, PayPal, or other method of payment (unless an alternate shipping address has been approved by an MSL Gear Specialist).
- If you want the shipment to be held at a shipping company hub it is your responsibility to make those arrangements directly with the shipping company.
- An indirect signature will be required upon delivery for all transactions over $250. If you would like to require a signature on a transaction of less than $250, please request it when you place your order.
- We do not insure packages valued under $3,000. If you would like to add insurance for delivery or return please request it when requesting your order or initiating your return.
- All returns are subject to a Tech Check upon arrival. Any instrument that is returned with damage, wear and tear (including pick marks), missing or replaced parts, missing protective or packing materials are not eligible for a full refund.
- *Used / Open Box/ Vintage / Clearance items carry our same return policy, except with a 3 day return window.
- Orders shipped within California will be subject to 7.25% state sales tax.
In most cases we ship same day if your order is placed by 12 p.m. EST Monday thru Friday!
Return Policy Details
Is your instrument just not doing it for you? We understand and we absolutely want you to be thrilled with any gear that you buy from MusicStoreLive.com. If you're not happy with your order, you can return it to us at no charge within 30 days of delivery.
- Customers outside the continental USA must pay their own return shipping and are responsible for all applicable taxes and fees.
- The return policy does not apply to custom orders or modifications (pickup installs, etc)
- Contact MSL at email@example.com or (866) 256-5725 to begin the return process. You can request a refund, store credit, or exchange.
- We'll provide you a return label via email.
- Ship the item back to us in its original packaging using the provided return label.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item to Music Store Live in its original condition.
- A refund or exchange will be issued within 3 business days from our receipt of the returned item.
- All returns will go through a technical inspection and are subject to a restocking fee if the item is not returned in its original condition. Restocking fee to be determined by MSL.
Layaways & Financing
- Deposit a non-refundable minimum of 10% down of the purchase price on anything in stock
- Contact MSL at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 256-5725 to place your initial deposit.
- Pay it off at your convenience within 30 days.
- $100 layaway fee for each additional month over the initial 30 days (on most items).